Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 8th, 2012, 11:40 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation
Florida Frenzy 6.0

Update 1/9/12. HeroScapers will be at "SwampCon" at the Univerisity of Florida. Please let me know if you can attend. This may end up being a friendly demo day and not a strict tournament depending on who attends, but if you show up, you will get to play HeroScape!

HeroScape at SwampCon!

(Florida Frenzy 6.0)

Date: Saturday, January 12th, 2012

*SwampCon table location TBA
-----------------------------
Hey Florida HeroScapers!

Come out to Florida's Sixth Annual (Belated) National HeroScape Day Event!

I need input again. What maps do you want? Which format do you want?

Reitz Union, UF Campus, Gainesville, FL

Tournament Format:
-600 point armies
-No Marvel
-Customs allowed* if they meet the following criteria:
1) They have undergone proven playtesting;
2) They are posted (picture/link) in this thread by 1/1/13
3) They do not receive two "no" votes by Monday, 1/8/13 (if they do, they are disqualified)
-Prizes!!!

Schedule*(may change):
11am*-12pm: Check-in/Set-up (bring a prize, HeroScape related preferred)12pm-1pm: First Swiss Round
1pm-2pm: Second Swiss Round
2pm-3pm: Lunch Break
3pm-4pm: Third Swiss Round
4pm-5pm: Fourth Swiss Round/Finals
5pm-6pm: Free play/Clean-up/Prizes! Casual play afterwards.
*Late arrivals will be accomodated

Maps:
-To be decided. Suggestions welcome, or see here.

Glyphs: 2 random glyphs per map from a pool of 10:
Spoiler Alert!

Antendees:
BurnyFlame + friends
Lord Trask
killergoat
beholderthedm (maybe)
BuddyLee (maybe)

----(please reconfirm!)----
FilthytheClown ? +?
randomskyfears ?
nicktheant + ?
Novelist432 + 3?
Trouty + 2?

Last edited by BurnyFlame; January 13th, 2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old September 9th, 2012, 12:22 AM

beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker
Re: Florida Frenzy 6.0

Edit - I vote for the 27th.

Good chance I can make it either day. I'm not sure how a draft would work with 600 point armies, but it could be fun if each player has a pool of figures and opponents draft from the entire pool (their own and their opponents figures). But again, that might be a little tough with the larger point total.

Trades

WoW customs - I'd love to get some awesome looking WoW minis on my Heroscape maps. Please lend me your expert advice.

My travel blog

Last edited by beholderthedm; September 9th, 2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old September 9th, 2012, 06:02 PM

Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker

I am sorry to say that both of those days are bad for me. I was really looking forward to playing with you guys again.

I have played in a draft tournament in Texas and they are really fun.

Good luck and have fun!
Old September 17th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

I am going to try to make this one, although it is iffy on account of the drive. Of the two days, the 27th probably works best.

I will be bringing one, but can't guarantee that she will play (working on it, though).
Old September 18th, 2012, 02:32 PM

I contacted Books-A-Million again, and it seems either weekend would be OK. I think I would prefer the 27th as well, since that gives us more time to plan.

At the last tournament, I heard people perhaps wanted to change up the format a little. Maybe something like a "partial draft," but I am not sure exactly how that would work. It seems like it might make rounds last longer, but other than that it sounds interesting.

Please let me know the details of what format you want.
Old September 18th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

This format, from the Colorado NHSD thread, sounds like fun, and will take a lot less time than a full/partial draft:

Quote:
Bring two 510-point armies, which cannot share any figures.
Before each game, dice off with your opponent. The winner chooses first army choice or second army choice.
First army choice may choose any of the four armies (yours or your opponent's). Second choice may choose any of the other three.
Old September 19th, 2012, 10:50 AM

beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker

Bringing two armies and choosing one of the four total sounds pretty sweet. I guess the point total doesn't really matter too much so we could do closer to 600 like burny said in the OP.

Also, is there an option for the winner to choose second instead of first? I remember something about a format where whoever chose second would go first in round 1.

Also, choosing second might be an advantage because you could counter whichever army the other person chose, maybe.

Trades

WoW customs - I'd love to get some awesome looking WoW minis on my Heroscape maps. Please lend me your expert advice.

My travel blog
Old September 20th, 2012, 12:30 PM

randomskyfears is surprisingly tart

I will hopefully be making it to this one, but as of right now, I only know my schedule up until Oct 18th. I know I will be available on the 13th, but the 27th is up in the air. I'll post again once I get that month's schedule.

As to the tourney itself, I will again throw out the idea of using customs. Not random ones that anyone makes, but specific ones that we can designate beforehand (the C3V/SOV creations, for example). I think it would be a good way to get some new blood into the game and not see the same figures at every tourney.
Old September 30th, 2012, 12:46 AM

I like the ideas, guys. As of now the date is the 27th, if we get enough people; we can push it back to November if necessary. For format, we could have:

1. 600 points straight up.
2. Bring two 600 point armies, roll, winner chooses to pick first or second, then both players pick out of the four armies available.
3. 400 point base army plus a 400 point "draftable" army, out of which you may choose any 200 points to give you a total of 600.
4. We could have customs, but they have to be approved. To do so, simply share the ones you are considering in this thread so everyone will be familiar and be able to vote it up/down.

Comments?
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:36 AM

So what's the order exactly?

Each player brings 2 400 point armies and 400 points of draftable figures

1. Roll dice
2. High roll picks an army or defers
3. Low roll picks army or defers
4. Roll dice
5. High roll drafts 1 unit
6. Low roll drafts 2 units
7. High roll drafts 2 units
etc.

And when you draft, you draft from your figures or your opponents figures, right?

And finally, are proxies allowed? Like if I want 5 squads of axegrinders, can I bring 1 real scape squad and 4 squads of similar sized dwarves?

And for the customs, a similar question. I read that generally for C3V you can use any mini of the character so if I'm bringing wonder woman and amazons, it doesn't have to be the specific wonder woman and amazons listed in the books, right?

Trades

My travel blog
Old October 1st, 2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beholderthedm View Post
So what's the order exactly?

Each player brings 2 400 point armies and 400 points of draftable figures

1. Roll dice
2. High roll picks an army or defers
3. Low roll picks army or defers
4. Roll dice
5. High roll drafts 1 unit
6. Low roll drafts 2 units
7. High roll drafts 2 units
etc.

And when you draft, you draft from your figures or your opponents figures, right?

And finally, are proxies allowed? Like if I want 5 squads of axegrinders, can I bring 1 real scape squad and 4 squads of similar sized dwarves?

And for the customs, a similar question. I read that generally for C3V you can use any mini of the character so if I'm bringing wonder woman and amazons, it doesn't have to be the specific wonder woman and amazons listed in the books, right?
This is only one possibility, but the order would be:
1. Both players place their 400 points of "base" army, and can view their opponents 400 point army
2. Both players then choose an additional 200 points from their respective 400 point draftable points
3. Both players add the 200 points of drafted figures to the board

So no, I was not thinking you should draft from your opponent's pool, but we could do that if everyone wants.

For "proxies," I think it would be better to ask around (in this thread) if anyone has extras you could borrow. It makes the game easier to see and there is less conflict with target area, etc. if the correct sculpts are used.

For customs, they will only be allowed if approved ahead of time. Let's say everyone can suggest up to 10 for review. Simply post the card in this thread, and as long as 2 people don't object, it is approved.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 12:15 AM

I get it. I vote for each player bringing 2 armies of 600 points because it seems we'll get to play with more different figures than if we do a base 400 point army plus 200 drafting.

Trades

My travel blog

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day