Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old April 18th, 2020, 10:05 AM

HeroscapeMaster is surprisingly tart
Rules question

There is one question I've never been able to get a answer for, for sometime so I thought I might ask it here. Is there a rule as to how big a Heroscape battlefield should be inside or outside or tournament play?
Old April 18th, 2020, 10:56 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Rules question

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroscapeMaster View Post
There is one question I've never been able to get a answer for, for sometime so I thought I might ask it here. Is there a rule as to how big a Heroscape battlefield should be inside or outside or tournament play?
That’s a great question, and the answer is kind of. There’s no set standard on dimensions for tournament maps, but there are general standards about how much terrain should be used. Typically a tournament map uses 1 master set and between 1-2 expansions.

Outside tournament play, you build that thing however big you want it. But I will say that really big maps can have some negative impacts on game play. It can drag the game out way too long, and can exacerbate the advantage of ranged and flying figures, especially if the map has a lot of elevation changes in it. When I build big maps like that, I like to use "portals" that allow figures to teleport to other parts of the map. It adds a fun dimension to the game and helps temper the problems bigger maps suffer from.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old April 18th, 2020, 01:53 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

The BoV, which is sorta the original source of tournament maps (imo), has a great discussion thread that may help answer that question. I'd say this post in particular goes over some helpful guidelines and tips to developing a well balanced tournament map.
Old April 20th, 2020, 01:09 PM

HeroscapeMaster is surprisingly tart

Thanks Flash_19! That sheds some light on the question for me. I'll check out some tournament maps, and take Ninja Status' advice as well. Thanks guys!
Old April 20th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroscapeMaster View Post
Thanks Flash_19! That sheds some light on the question for me. I'll check out some tournament maps, and take Ninja Status' advice as well. Thanks guys!
No problem! Welcome to the site, and don't be afraid to ask when you have questions!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's