Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 27th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Maryland Tournament Thread

Hi all,
Its time again for another tourny.

The Place: Rennaissance Games
2315 A-6 Belair Rd.
Fallston Md. 21047
Same place as the last time I held one, for those that remember.

Date: October 11th, 2008
A week before NHSD, this will get people prepped.

Format (s): I will actually be running 2 tournys that day.

First: Marvel tag team tourny. Time: 10:30 AM.

Hulk and Abomination are on the lose, and its up to your team of heros to stop them.
Bring 2 of your favorite Marvelscape heros. Points don't matter. You must have 2, no more, no less. You can not choose Hulk, or Abomination, as these are who your heros are in charge of stopping. Prizes for those who pull it off.

Second: Heroscape tourny. Time 1:00 PM

500 points. General specific, with a twist. Twist being, you may select 1 hero or unit outside of your chosen General. No Marvel in this one.

Please PM me and let me know if you plan on attending, and if you are bringing anyone. Also let me know if you are planning on participating in 1 or both of the tournys. The marvel tourny should be over in time for the regular tourny.
I'm asking that everyone who will be participating in the Heroscape tourny bring a prize to donate. A heroscape booster works well, and Rennaissance games has some for sale. Its not limited though, you can donate anything you think would be cool. I will have some comic related prizes for those in the marvel tourny.

Thanks guys, looking forward to playing!

Players.
1. Technomagus
2. Tom
3. Tom's friend Tom (wow, weird)
4. Airendane
5. Clancampbell (myself, of course)
6. Red sox 1
7. Lost33
8. Rose (lost's wife)
9. Nikkomon

Possible Players
1. Red sox 1's Father
2. Brain of Morbius

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

Last edited by clancampbell; October 4th, 2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old August 28th, 2008, 12:56 PM

Technomagus has disabled reputation
Re: Maryland Tournament Thread

No brainer question, but I suppose I should get it out of the way anyway: Are we allowed to use Marvel as our one-of in the General Specific armies?

Also, what maps will be used for this tournament?

Last edited by Technomagus; August 28th, 2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old August 28th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No Marvel in the classic tourny. Sorry.

Maps are TBD at this point.

Old September 7th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

Putting this back out front, now that some of the other bigger tournys have passed.

Old September 7th, 2008, 05:21 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Hi Clan,
There is a chance that myself, Peteparkerh, and The Sleeper may be coming. We will have to check schedules, but it looks like it may happen. You should check into getting some sponsership for this being a NHSD event, I think even if it is a little early, they may do something. It couldn't hurt to find out, after all, they are giving Skahens!

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old September 8th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

I'll check into the Skahen thing. Hope you guys can come.

Meanwhile I have selected the maps for use at the tourny. I've chosen 10. If we get more than 20 people signed up then I'll have to put forth more. Of course one or two duplicates wouldn't matter in a tourney of large scale right? Anyhow, if anyone knows of any reason not to play on any of the maps listed please feel free to let me know along with your reasons why. Without futher adue:

1. Mole hill (by Lost and Rose)
2. Marr highway (by Lost and Rose)
3. Ember canyon road (by Lost and Rose)
4. Hot heights
5. Turret rocks
6. Embattled fen
7. Road rage
8. Fire isles (by Tom)
9. Flash fire (by Tom)
10. Ticalla sunrise (by Tom)

Hope you all like. If you know of any others that you would really like to see used please feel free to let me know. Also I know I won't have enough terrian to create all of these myself, so if anyone would like to build any of these I would greatly appreciate it. Please post here or pm me if you can and which you'd like to build.
Thanks to Tom for offering to build 3 of our maps!!
Thanks as well to Lost and Rose for also helping with 3 of our maps!

Last edited by clancampbell; September 27th, 2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old September 8th, 2008, 09:39 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Hey Clan,
Well we've checked our schedules and its a no go for this event for our crew, just not a good weekend, if it was the following week it would have been ok (we are actually having our regular monthly game night on the 18th). Sorry, we really hoped to come down for this one. Keep running events though and we will surely come down sooner or later.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old September 14th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

Thats a bummer. I'm sure I'll see you guys some other time though.

Old September 19th, 2008, 10:42 PM

Red_Sox_1 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
500 points. General specific, with a twist. Twist being, you may select 1 hero or unit outside of your chosen General. No Marvel in this one.
For the one non-general unit, can you have multiple copies of it (if its common)?
Old September 20th, 2008, 01:00 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Are you going to be using glyphs at the regular Heroscape tournament and if so, which ones? Also, how many rounds will the Heroscape tournament last? Thanks.
Old September 20th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

Ok, red sox 1, I'm limiting the non-general choice to 1, hero or squad. So no multiples on that choice, even if it is a common squad. Sorry.

Tom, no glyphs. As far as rounds, I'd like to play 5, and this seems feesable. The store closes at 7, but if we start at 1, this should allow plenty of time for 5 rounds and time for teardown afterwards.

Old September 21st, 2008, 01:16 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

5 rounds and no glyphs sounds good to me. Just for the record of who's coming my friend's name is also Tom. I am not sure if he has an account here or not. I am really looking forward to this event. Thanks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events