Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Should there be more destructible objects?
No 2 6.90%
Yes 23 79.31%
I don't care 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 1st, 2007, 06:53 PM

DEATHWALKER has disabled reputation
Should we have more destructible objects?

I think yes because I think the Fortress Door is getting lonely
Old October 1st, 2007, 06:54 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Should we have more destructible objects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER
I think no because I don't want another Fortress Door. :P

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old October 1st, 2007, 06:55 PM

DEATHWALKER has disabled reputation
Re: Should we have more destructible objects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER
I think no because I don't want another Fortress Door. :P
who said it had to be another fortress door?

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Finally, a non deathwalker post and a very good topic at that !

I definately want some more destructible objects. I think trees should be destructabele.

Bloody's messin' with ya'!!

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...

Silver1327 has disabled reputation
Plus Breakable Wall Section from MarvelScape can keep the door from being lonely. By the way hasn't this been discussed before?
Old October 1st, 2007, 06:57 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver1327
Plus Breakable Wall Section from MarvelScape can keep the door from being lonely. By the way hasn't this been discussed before?
No, not really. No one in their right mind will attack the Breakable Wall Section in favor of attacking a real unit.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old October 1st, 2007, 07:48 PM

eric.dunfee Woo who?
I think they need to come up with some castle wall sections that are destructible
Old October 1st, 2007, 07:50 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I've been toying with the idea of destructable trees...something along the lines of only huge and massive creatures can hurt them or a fire based power. Line of sight that can be destroyed leaving you enemy no quarter!!!
Old October 1st, 2007, 07:58 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight
Finally, a non deathwalker post and a very good topic at that !
Well, Deathwalkers are extremely destructible objects according to the plain meaning of the words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver1327
No, not really. No one in their right mind will attack the Breakable Wall Section in favor of attacking a real unit.
Yeah, right.

It all depends on what choice the mapmaker offers. If it's a choice between using Thanos to attack the wall and flying him to the top of the wall to attack an enemy with height, the wall is going to be around for a while. If it's a choice between breaking into a fortress through the wall or through the door, that's another story. If people won't attack the wall in your games, it just means the alternate choice is too attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane
I've been toying with the idea of destructable trees...something along the lines of only huge and massive creatures can hurt them or a fire based power. Line of sight that can be destroyed leaving you enemy no quarter!!!
Why would you ever want to make the names of powers matter? "Fire-based powers only" is like something from another game altogether.
Old October 1st, 2007, 08:03 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
I would like more but I didn't vote for it becuase whenever I see an option like "I don't care" or "Why are you making a poll?" or "I just want more hs!" I go for them.

6 x 9 = 42

Old October 1st, 2007, 08:11 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Quote:
Why would you ever want to make the names of powers matter? "Fire-based powers only" is like something from another game altogether.
You might not have known, but because of how a trees fibers are bullets don't do much against them without using massive amounts, swords don't have the effectiveness of an axe regardless of their sharpness, and axes take a good bit of time to get through a tree. I could alter what I said to include everthing like you seem to be implying, but then I'd have to increase the tree's life or defense (both most likely) to an annoyingly high level to still have some amount of truth to it, or I can keep it as it is and just go with what's more realistic for attacking a tree...something that's bigger than it or something that burns it/blows it up. It's just going by my own experience of chopping down trees and cutting wood, but why would we want any kind of realism?

Syvarris uses his second attack on the tree...roll...and the tree is destroyed.
Old October 1st, 2007, 08:40 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
You might not have known, but because of how a trees fibers are bullets don't do much against them without using massive amounts, swords don't have the effectiveness of an axe regardless of their sharpness, and axes take a good bit of time to get through a tree.
Yeah, I'm aware of all that, thanks.

Quote:
I could alter what I said to include everthing like you seem to be implying, but then I'd have to increase the tree's life or defense (both most likely) to an annoyingly high level to still have some amount of truth to it, or I can keep it as it is and just go with what's more realistic for attacking a tree...something that's bigger than it or something that burns it/blows it up. It's just going by my own experience of chopping down trees and cutting wood, but why would we want any kind of realism?

Syvarris uses his second attack on the tree...roll...and the tree is destroyed.
I'm not against the huge figures part, or about making it difficult for ordinary guns and swords to destroy a tree. I am against making distinctions based on a special attack's name.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units