Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old October 11th, 2010, 10:07 PM

Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker
NHSD Army

For NHSD '10 the Bay Area Brawl has decided on 460 points.

I either want to bring

Warforged Soldiers x3 240/460
Krav Maga Agents 340/460
Fen Hydra 460/460

Lead with Warforged Soldiers to screen/grab glyphs. Krav for range. Fen Hydra lurks around outside staying out of trouble to kill major figure (Q9, Braxas).

Minions of Utgar x3 330/460
Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior 420/460
Deathreavers 460/460

'reavers grab glyphs. Minions kill things. Atlaga for cleanup.

What do you think?
Old October 12th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart
Re: NHSD Army

I like the first one. The Warforged can help get other figures into range for the Krav or the Hydra, and they'll still be able to hold their own. The Hydra also makes for a good cleanup unit (if it survives).

The second one sounds OK, but I don't know if it would work. Even with flying, the Minions would have a difficult time getting into position to destroy those trapped by the rats. And your only range is Atlaga, so if he goes down early and unexpectedly, you're stuck with an all-melee army. That's not necessarily bad, I just think you should try and have more figures with range. Therefore, I pick number one.
Old October 12th, 2010, 06:52 AM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

I like the first army better. The second one is too slow, needs more range, and is entirely medium.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old October 12th, 2010, 08:50 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I personally like the 2nd army, but I'm not really fond of either of them at 460 Points to be honest.

Braxas is tough on both, though the Hydra is a pertty solid counter in the first army. However, in my experience, both the Warforged and the Krav really want Raelin to get the most out of them. I feel like both of those units will underperform without her around.

Minions with 5 move and Flying are actually pretty fast. I'm usually amazed at how much 9 Minions can really kill, especially when their movement is boosted. I'm not fond of throwing in one squad of Rats as filler though, so I don't really think this point total is great for Minions/Atlaga.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 12th, 2010, 09:24 AM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like the second army better, but it needs a little range and something to help with rats.
If you dropped one squad of Minions and the Rats then you could put in Q10.

Old October 12th, 2010, 06:14 PM

Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker

For Army 1 should I drop something for Raelin? I might drop a Warforged squad, but I don't think 2 is enough.
Old October 12th, 2010, 06:47 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotunit197 View Post
For Army 1 should I drop something for Raelin? I might drop a Warforged squad, but I don't think 2 is enough.
Trust me, two's enough for melee, but I'm not much of a tourney player. I seem to have a knack for making single squads work. But yeah, Raelin with Warforged Resolve is going to tie down any squaddies on the opponent's side

Oof...I got nothing to sign with now

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion