Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old September 9th, 2013, 11:35 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers - new write up 11-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Finally tonight, I completed my interview answers for Scaper of the Month. Hopefully I put a few sentences together that make sense.
Sweet! I'm hoping some of the interview was done in character.
Old October 6th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - new write up 11-08-2013

I know its been a while but if anyone missed the Scaper of the Month interview, you can check it out HERE.

I would still like to post some photos from the most recent HelmAverse family battles but I don't really have a computer to transfer my pics to yet. As the home repairs are really coming to a conclusion soon, I'll pick up a computer but furniture is probably first.

As noted though, I found my Daredevil write up and wanted to share it...

-------------------------------------------------------
DAREDEVIL

**** The figure used is the one in the middle ****

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
VIGILANTE
FEARLESS
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 4
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 3
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 5

WITHOUT FEAR
If Daredevil ends his movement engaged to more opponent figures than he was engaged with at the start of his turn, he may either add 2 to his attack dice or attack one additional time.

RADAR SENSE 12
If Daredevil is attacked by an opponent's figure using a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-11 roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 12 or higher, Daredevil takes no damage and may immediately move using his Leap Swing Special Power.

LEAP SWING
Instead of his normal move, Daredevil may use Leap Swing. Leap Swing has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Leap Swing, ignore elevations. Daredevil may swing over water without stopping, swing over figures without becoming engaged, and swing over obstacles such as ruins. Daredevil may not Leap Swing more than 12 levels up or down in a single Leap Swing. If Daredevil is engaged when he starts his Leap Swing, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. Daredevil may only attack adjacent figures on the same turn he uses Leap Swing.

Last edited by Matt Helm; October 6th, 2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old October 9th, 2013, 07:20 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Daredevil draft Oct 06

Old October 9th, 2013, 10:46 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Nicely done, you two. That's a great representation of Daredevil.

I hope those home repairs finish up soon and you can get some normalcy back in your life, Mr. Helm.
Old October 9th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

One of these days you'll have to post some pictures for us. For many of us, the disaster from last year is "out of sight, out of mind". I can't imagine the amount of work you had to put in just to get back to having a normal life.
Old October 9th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Maybe I will post some photos of the house one of these days. By the time I do it, it may all be a distant memory... I hope.

Unfortunately the wife had a mishap with the newer car today. Luckily she's alright but she smacked up the side pretty good. Yet another insurance claim for the Helms. Since I bought the car as a replacement for the flooded Sandy vehicle we've been hit while parked twice, had 5 flat tires and 4 of which were in side walls and needed replacing, and now have the biggest damage of all. The car is only 10 months old and it has been through so much.

Anyway, enough about my ridiculous luck... that Daredevil card looks AMAZING. It's so great how A3n manages to make my write ups look so good. I would stop designing customs but I enjoy his work so much that I cannot stop myself. I just went and updated the Rasputin write up with another figure photo choice so that he can surprise me with dark magic when he gets a chance.

I had some ideas for a Storm card finally start materializing into a real possibility so maybe she's next. I've been real slow at these but still have hopes o utilize the minis I have for Wonder Man, Captain Atom, Power Man, Beast, Cyclops... and of course there is that Scarlet Witch that I've been mulling over for a real long time. Nothing immediately on the horizon but you never know when I get the creative boom.

Thanks again A3n ol' buddy... your labor brings my boys such great happiness. Now maybe they won't be so happy when Daredevil slaps them around a bit and Leap Swings away.
Old October 10th, 2013, 08:15 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Daredevil card is up Oct 9th

Old October 29th, 2013, 05:13 PM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hi Matt,

I've finally got around to printing and laminating your latest cards. Very nice work as usual. You and Adrian make a great team with these.
Between the original Hasbro cards and your cards we have most of the Avengers, Defenders, Invaders, Justice League etc. and even the BPRD now.
So I've put together a list of what I consider (i.e. subjective) to be the Top 30 most significant heroes yet to be covered in the Helmsverse.

Marvel Reinforcements: I started off by finishing the expansion that should have been. All the figures not yet released that were intended for the official expansion.
Then I added the major additions to famous teams: Avengers, Defenders, Justice League, X-Men etc. and finished off with a few other essential figures.

Any plans for any of these in the future?

Last edited by streaky2007; November 1st, 2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old July 29th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Captain Underpants

Wow, Time flies. It's been nearly 10 months since I've posted anything yet it seems like only a few weeks. Luckily I have played Heroscape a few times since my last posting and even ignited an addiction in a few of my son's friends. Unfortunately, I still don't get to play as often as any of us would like.

First I must apologize for keeping streaky's post dangling with no response from me. I totally appreciate the interest in the HelmAverse and love the fact that you have suggested a Top 30 of the unrepresented superheroes. So to answer the question, YES, I do have plans for some of those figures, but I think you may have forgotten a few that probably belong on your list.

One is a famous villain that will explode soon on the big screen in 2015. Another, is the man in the tiara....

---------------------------------------------------
LUKE CAGE

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
FIGHTER
DAUNTLESS
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 5
DEFENSE: 5

POWER MAN
When defending with Luke Cage, each shield rolled counts for one additional block. If Luke Cage is defending against a normal attack from a non-adjacent opponent add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

STREET FIGHTER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
When Luke Cage attacks with his Street Fighter Special Attack, he may attack one additional time.

---------------------------------------
Luke Cage was play tested a few times and works well as low costed lock down figure to slow down the heaviest of hitters. If a player can get Luke engaged to even the toughest of Supers, he can survive long enough with a 300 point power house to allow other units to chip away at the big opponent from afar. Luke won't likely take down the Superman types on his own, but he works great in a group of lesser supers.
Old July 29th, 2014, 11:13 PM
Captain Underpants

In addition to introducing Luke Cage, I'd also like to get around to updating a few of the old favorites that have been through a ton of play testing. The first one that needs adjusting is SUPERMAN. After several years of playing him, everyone here at the Helm table agrees that he needs to lose the restriction on his Man of Steel power that relies on the loss of an Order Marker as it just didn't get used until we changed that. In addition, the range on his Heat Vision needs to be upped to 4.

Therefore, if A3n can forgive an old man who never stops by to say hello, maybe we can dust off the photo bucket cards and make a few changes:

[IMG][/IMG]

THE MAN OF STEEL
After your opponent rolls attack dice for a non-adjacent attack against a friendly figure adjacent to Superman, you may choose to defend that attack with Superman, Roll defense dice as if Superman was the targeted figure. Place any received wound markers on this card.

HEAT VISION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3.

-----------------------------------
The rest of the card can read the same.

Thanks in advance, good buddy.
Old July 30th, 2014, 05:12 AM

Re: HelmAverse Supers are back - Luke Cage draft July 2014

How's it goin mate? Got a nice layer of dust in here. cough, cough.

Hoping your home life has nice a balance now mate.

Anyway Superman has been updated. I will get to Luke probably sometime this weekend.

Cheers
Old July 30th, 2014, 08:30 AM

Re: HelmAverse Supers are back - Luke Cage draft July 2014

Yes!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations