Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old September 30th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Fellowship of the Ring

This has probably been discussed before, but I looked back quite a few screens and didn't find anything on it. How would you assemble a Fellowship of the Ring using only official heroscape figures? Here's how I see it lining up:

Hobbits: Tarn Vikings. Slow, but decent defense, and can do some damage to orcs. Make a scenario rule stating that if all are killed, Sauron wins. Another option would be to use MacDirks x1 for the hobbits. I don't have Wave 3, so I wouldn't know.

Aragorn: old Drake/new Drake. He does a little bit of everything. Thorian Speed and the grapple gun make him seem more like a stealthy, elf-trained Ranger and less like just another brawler. In a campaign, it would be fun to start with old Drake and level him up later, but the new grapple gun is so convenient, I would hate to go without it in Moria, Helm's Deep, etc., so I would hope the switch to new Drake comes soon.

Gandalf: Sonlen/Thanos. Start with Sonlen to represent kindly old firework-peddling Gandalf the Grey, then use a scenario rule to replace any dead Sonlen with a dead Thanos. Thanos is good at opening doors, has massive otherworldly power, and won't stay dead-- not too bad of a match.

Boromir: Sir Hawthorne. Pretty self-explanatory. Now, if only I had one! I'll get a repaint of him one of these days; until then, maybe Crixus or Denrick or a viking champion can stand in for him. Hawthorne would really work best of all, though, because he lends the Fellowship some multiple-attack against orc swarms.

Legolas: Syvarris.
Gimli: Eldgrim.

I think we all saw those coming. And let's not forget:

Bill the pony: Theracus.

So the Fellowship could start out below 600, but potentially go as high as 850 if Aragorn and Gandalf upgrade while Boromir is still alive.

Is there someone I'm forgetting who would be a better match for Tolkien's characters? I thought of Kaemon Awa, but he seems too range-oriented for Aragorn.
Old October 1st, 2007, 08:07 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
You could add Kyntela Gwyn as Galadriel, I think.
Old October 1st, 2007, 08:43 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
For Aragorn, I would go with Alastair Macdirk. Overextend seems like a very Aragorn thing to do. Although, Alastair is more or a Return of the King version of Aragorn that Fellowship.

The Tarn Vikings just seem to big to be hobbits... maybe the Sacred Band? The Macdirks might be good too - I've never seen their sculpts up close.

As far as Sculpts go, I think Morsbane or Acolarh is closer to Gandalf. These are weak characters, they would have to be upgraded somewhat to represent Gandalf. Although, I think we can use Sonlen for Lord Elrond.

I also see Thorgrim as Theodan. Maybe its the whole Th thing, i dont know...

Eowyn - I would probably use the sculpt of a Warrior of Ashra but maybe the stats and abilities of someone like Shiori.

Eomer - Sir Gilbert or Sir Dupuis. I see the Return of the King scene with Eomer carrying the flag to the Black Gate. Although, he's always on a horse too.

Faramir - Sir Denrick or Gilbert. Could also be Finn the Viking Champ.

Gollum - Marcu Esenwein. Eternal Hatred - nuff said.

The Nazgul - Shades of Bleakwoode painted black. Cyprien might be a good figure for the Witch King.

Saruman - Probably Morsbane... again, souped up.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 1st, 2007, 09:08 AM

elf326 is surprisingly tart
This sounds cool I'd like to maybe try a campaign with this. You'd probably have to up gimli's stats though.
Oh also,
Army of the Dead- Shades of Bleakewoode x1000
Old October 1st, 2007, 10:53 AM

Ted has disabled reputation
But what would you use for some of the cool orc characters that are out there? All the orc heroes are on mounts.
Old October 1st, 2007, 11:11 AM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
I don't know what you could do for Lurtz (the guy that kills Boromir). Maybe a souped up Arrow Grut custom? Or an Aubrien painted blue? The guy from Return of the King with a bad arm (his name escapes me) I would probably use a Marro for, maybe Ne-Gok-Sa's figure with different stats and abilities (that guy is on a Warg for some time though, maybe Nerak or a beefed up Swog Rider). Krug makes a perfect cave troll.

For the regular run-of-the-mill orcs, I think this:

Blade Gruts = Orcs from Mordor that attack Minis Tirith
Arrow Gruts = Orc Archers from both Mordor and Isengard
Swog Rider = Scouts from Isengard
Heavy Gruts = Uru'khai from Isengard that attack Helm's Deep and the Fellowship

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 1st, 2007, 02:08 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
For Grimm Wormtongue or what ever his name is I would use Sir Hawthorne.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old October 1st, 2007, 04:47 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Yes, but who would play Vin Diesel?
Old October 1st, 2007, 06:04 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
Yes, but who would play Vin Diesel?
Sean Connery.
Old October 1st, 2007, 09:04 PM

chewbaccapits is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Fellowship of the Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
How would you assemble a Fellowship of the Ring using only official heroscape figures?
This is such a great idea...I know one thing for sure, you could use one of the GLYPHS as the ring....Wherever the "Frodo" character moves, he'll always stand on top of it or, at the same time, anyone else ho could take possesion of the ring. It would be great just as great to use LOTR story as the basis for cool scenarios that involve protecting a character....

Raaaawwww
Old October 1st, 2007, 10:38 PM

ares834 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus
The guy from Return of the King with a bad arm (his name escapes me) I would probably use a Marro for, maybe Ne-Gok-Sa's figure with different stats and abilities (that guy is on a Warg for some time though, maybe Nerak or a beefed up Swog Rider).
Middle Earth freak coming through..The orc's name is Gothmog, he is mentoined in the book but it never says if he's orc, nazgul, or maiar (Demi-gods, Gandalf, Sauron, and the Balrog are maia.) in orc form.
He is probably named after the lord of the balrogs as that guys name is also Gothmog.Just like Grond being named after Morgoth's warhammer.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus
The guy from Return of the King with a bad arm (his name escapes me) I would probably use a Marro for, maybe Ne-Gok-Sa's figure with different stats and abilities (that guy is on a Warg for some time though, maybe Nerak or a beefed up Swog Rider).
Middle Earth freak coming through..The orc's name is Gothmog, he is mentoined in the book but it never says if he's orc, nazgul, or maiar (Demi-gods, Gandalf, Sauron, and the Balrog are maia.) in orc form.
He is probably named after the lord of the balrogs as that guys name is also Gothmog.Just like Grond being named after Morgoth's warhammer.
I guess I just always assumed he was an orc (the age of men is over.... the time of the orc has come) but he really doesn't look like the rest of them. I, however, have only seen the movies, which I know is a travesty. I have to get to reading those books.

I would love to try this LotR campaign, but I dont think I have enough terrain to do it (one RotV, SotM, tundra, marvel and castle). I would need at least 2 RttFF and 2 Lava sets i would think

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion