Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old June 12th, 2020, 06:56 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth
Re: The Workbook of Orcs of Moria - Design (Fellowship A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
THE WORKBOOK OF ORCS OF MORIA

DESIGNER = @capsocrates @Chris Perkins @Shiftrex

NAME = ORCS OF MORIA
GENERAL = UTGAR
SPECIES = ORC
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD
CLASS = WARRIOR
PERSONALITY = VIOLENT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5

LIFE = 1 (4 figures)
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 35

CAVE DWELLER
When attacking a figure on a dungeon or shadow tile, add 1 to an Orc of Moria's attack.

ORCISH VIOLENCE
After taking a turn with the Orcs of Moria, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-4, destroy a common Orc squad figure you control adjacent to an Orc Of Moria you control. If you roll an 18 or higher, inflict one wound on an opponent's figure adjacent to an Orc of Moria you control.
We hashed this out quite a bit already. I think the questions are:
1. how do we want to adjust the roll based on powers on the Drummer and the Chieftan
and
2. do we want to add any extra-movement ornamentation to Cave Dweller?

Your custom probably has too much Defense.
--
Come join the Heroes of Middle Earth in creating Lord of the Rings Customs!
--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 15th, 2020, 05:27 PM

Shiftrex rolls all skulls baby! Shiftrex rolls all skulls baby! Shiftrex rolls all skulls baby! Shiftrex rolls all skulls baby! Shiftrex rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
THE WORKBOOK OF ORCS OF MORIA

DESIGNER = @capsocrates @Chris Perkins @Shiftrex

NAME = ORCS OF MORIA
GENERAL = UTGAR
SPECIES = ORC
CLASS = WARRIOR
PERSONALITY = VIOLENT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5

LIFE = 1 (4 figures)
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 35

CAVE DWELLER
When attacking a figure on a dungeon or shadow tile, add 1 to an Orc of Moria's attack.

ORCISH VIOLENCE
After taking a turn with the Orcs of Moria, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-4, destroy a common Orc squad figure you control adjacent to an Orc Of Moria you control. If you roll an 18 or higher, inflict one wound on an opponent's figure adjacent to an Orc of Moria you control.
We hashed this out quite a bit already. I think the questions are:
1. how do we want to adjust the roll based on powers on the Drummer and the Chieftan
and
2. do we want to add any extra-movement ornamentation to Cave Dweller?
I like the Orc drummer adding a flat plus to the d20 roll and having an ability that will let him move a bunch of Orcs. I think we had this drafted already.

I feel like any movement addition on Cave Dweller should be conservative. Maybe +1 move if you start on Shadow tiles? Wouldnt want to over complicate it though.
Old June 15th, 2020, 09:03 PM

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

I was thinking something like

"If an Orc moves at least 3 spaces on dungeon and shadow tiles, they may move 1 additional space this turn."

But I haven't looked to at how the Forgotten Forest rulebook described the rule

--
--
Old June 15th, 2020, 09:10 PM

Shiftrex rolls all skulls baby! Shiftrex rolls all skulls baby! Shiftrex rolls all skulls baby! Shiftrex rolls all skulls baby! Shiftrex rolls all skulls baby!

Seems pretty situational and low impact. I'd be fine with what you're thinking there.
Old June 18th, 2020, 03:17 PM

Should I type it up to see how it feels? I think I will when I'm on a computer again, unless one of you beats me to it.
@Chris Perkins @Shiftrex

--
--
Old June 18th, 2020, 03:32 PM

Chris Perkins wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chris Perkins wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chris Perkins wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chris Perkins wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chris Perkins wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chris Perkins wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think reducing the base move and increasing the bonus movement from cave spaces would be a good change (similar to your suggested change for the Troll).

I don't think it's reasonable to think Moria orcs could move 6 spaces in sunlight (grass tiles), but I think it's perfectly reasonable that they could move 7 spaces inside Moria.

Maybe a base move of 4 and the bonus move is +3?
Old June 18th, 2020, 03:48 PM

I dont like base 4 movement figures that are unarmored. Just a personal thing that doesnt make sense to me. Orcs are fast, they arent weighed down. I'd split the difference and go 5, bonus of +2 with you though just to make sure they werent crippled.
Old June 18th, 2020, 05:37 PM

MasterScaper1 knows what's in an order marker MasterScaper1 knows what's in an order marker MasterScaper1 knows what's in an order marker

I feel the same as Shiftrex. The Orcs should be faster and have a base movement of 5 and the +2 from the ability sound great!

Currently Working with the Explores of Valhalla Team.

Old June 18th, 2020, 06:00 PM

So how does this look?
NAME = ORCS OF MORIA
GENERAL = UTGAR
SPECIES = ORC
CLASS = WARRIOR
PERSONALITY = VIOLENT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5

LIFE = 1 (4 figures)
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 35

CAVE DWELLER 1
If an Orc of Moria moves over at least three contiguous dungeon or shadow spaces, you may add an additional 2 spaces to that Orc of Moria's move. When attacking an adjacent figure that is on a dungeon or shadow space, an Orc of Moria's rolls 1 additional attack die.

ORCISH VIOLENCE
I think this is what we were talking about so I'll put it in the OP.

--

That leaves my other question:
Quote:
How do we want to adjust the roll based on powers on the Drummer and the Chieftain?
which I think requires us to hash out the Drummer and the Chieftain

--
--
Old June 18th, 2020, 06:21 PM

Honestly, I'm not sure that we need to yet. As it stands those figures are providing a +1 bonus, requiring you to have 4 boosters to make these orcs not kill themselves at all.

If we leave this as is we can go to testing because honestly the counterplay is simple. Orcs are not hard to kill, busting through this screen to kill their leadership pieces will cause them to slowly unravel which is how an unruly hoarde should play.

With that in mind, I am ok with upping the number for the "fail" rate on Orcish violence.

Btw. I really like this current draft.
Old June 18th, 2020, 07:00 PM

In thinking about this more I'm not sure I'm such a fan of the +2 move. I think it should just be +1.

--
--
Old June 18th, 2020, 07:04 PM

Not opposed to that, makes them in reality a 6 move figure but being in the sun makes them slow down to 5. I like it.

Good call, we have to remember this is on our cave troll too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs