Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 1st, 2020, 11:14 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Louisville, KY Events 2020 Through the Decades - Feb 1

Bringing all my figs. Running late be there by 11:30. Will need help building maps.
See y’all soon!
Old February 2nd, 2020, 01:13 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Five players (six if you count the kid playing tutorial games against whoever got the bye).

Pros:

Another good way to play units from our collections that were collecting dust

Seemed like every single person in the game store came over to ask "What game is that?"

I won

Cons:

Gen Con glyphs are apparently used for a reason: Other glyphs can by far influence the outcome of a game more than any other factor ... +2 Defense glyph? I'm not a fan if my army doesn't own it

No Arrow Grut

I won

Old February 2nd, 2020, 04:52 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sorry all; 50th birthday party came up. I'll keep my eye out for the next one!

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by Arrow Grut; February 2nd, 2020 at 04:53 PM. Reason: I'll throw my hat in the ring to beat Deroche
Old February 3rd, 2020, 06:23 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Sorry all; 50th birthday party came up. I'll keep my eye out for the next one!
You're 50?

That's the worst lie/excuse I've ever heard. No way you're over 45.

Old February 3rd, 2020, 11:45 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Thanks everyone for coming. I think the army format was good, but both the OP glyph pool and the Fire Swamp map I think detracted. Do like the venue - maybe next time I'l buy some baseball cards there But actually if we play regularly there maybe we'll get some new blood.

I know people were mentioning coming up with some kind of magic-style draft format for next time, please post here if you have ideas on it. However another idea I had to vary the armies people bring while still having no army restrictions is maybe just doing heat-of-the-battle (2.0 where you place your opponent's figures) and/or maps with split starting zones overlapping each other. We could also play on smaller maps such as Scraps, Quick Set-Up & Build, or MOPS and combine with Heat-of-Battle set-up. Post thoughts on small maps, magic-style draft, or other ideas (maybe just go back to classic format).

Also I think bi-monthly is good, so let us know if you can do Mar 28, April 4, or April 11 good for you all? Then @Viideosayg can check on venue availability.
Old February 10th, 2020, 06:30 PM

Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker

Even though I brought the "worst", worst army I had a lot of fun. Thank for organizing it.

Any of the three dates you listed works for me, April 4th slightly less, but Heroscape takes priority over most things if I'm in town!
Old February 15th, 2020, 07:36 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Probably April 4/11 for me.

For the draft, here's what I was thinking. Ideal for 4 players, can be adjusted for more.
  • Each player gets 3 "packs" one at a time. Each "pack" has cards = # players.
  • Each pack consists of card on roughly the same power level (so all 100-ish-point Heroes for example).
  • In general, the overall power level would probably be lower-tier, but individual packs could be stronger, as long as each card is about the same level.
  • Optional: one pack is Heroes, one Common Squads, and one Unique Squads (I like this because it diversifies the units, yet keeps each army's composition similar).
  • Each Common card drafted puts two of that Common in your army.
  • Everyone simultaneously picks one card that will go to the player on their left.
  • Then one card for the player on their right.
  • Then one for the player across from them, and they keep the final card themselves.
  • This order allows you to try to hold counter-drafts in reserve for yourself, as all picks are public and you can see army composition develop.
  • Repeat for all 3 packs. Now everyone has their army and play as normal.
  • If using the above "optional" point, each army should consist of 1 Hero, 1 Unique Squad, 2x one Common Squad.
  • Can do additional packs, like another Hero or another Common, depending on desired army size/rough point total.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 17th, 2020, 12:13 PM

I think I get it. If people brought the armies it would be similar armies to last time where you bring one good part of the army and rest bad to hand off - unless we come up with armies ahead of time. If more than 4 players you would just make army for three people. Only thing I don't get is if you bring [3] packs than you will have 4 * [3] different cards.

How about this alternative:
Each person brings 3 army pods, totaling 420-440 points:
  • 195-225 points of common squads (3-5 squads of once card)
  • 100-120 point of Unique Hero
  • 100-120 points of anything
We dice off to see which pod will go left, which will be handed right, and which you will keep.
  • 1st round pass what you bought for chosen pod to the left
  • 2nd round pass what you bought for chosen pod to the right
  • You keep what you have left
Don't know if we should do one draft for whole tournament or per game. If per game, we would vary direction of the three pods and I think would be more fun, but takes more time. With 1/3 chance of keeping each POD people will bring not so good figures (but not as bad as last tournament), but it does loose the counter-draft of your original idea.

Anyone else got a more clear idea?
Old March 3rd, 2020, 04:41 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Going to be in the area in June. Suggestions on places to check out?
Old March 9th, 2020, 07:03 PM
Wholesome in a Weird Way

Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker

So is April 11th the date that we're going for is there still some debate?
Old March 10th, 2020, 05:59 PM

Hes let's do April 11, as there is a Dayton, OH. Tournament SATURDAY APRIL 4TH. For format I was thinking of next time maybe doing Magic Style (once format is formalized) but this time just doing Heat of the Battle with smaller maps, such as Scraps, Quick Set-Up & Build, or MOPS. @dok has mentioned the online tournament organizers are toying with the below rules for Heat of the Battle and I think it is pretty good - what do you all think?
Quote:
Players take turns placing one card's worth of units of your OR your opponent's army. Go back and forth between both players until all units are placed. All units must be placed unengaged on an empty space (i.e. not on glyphs). All squad figures placed in a turn must be within 3 clear sight spaces of each other.
The unengaged is the only thing I am debating, as if I pick smaller maps it might get to a point where there is no valid placements, and going back and forth might lead to some interesting placements. I was thinking ~500 points armies but I think games will go a lot quicker.
Old March 10th, 2020, 06:32 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Unengaged is critical. In the pre-2009 days before that rule, it was a very degenerate metagame dominated by WoA.

It's pretty much impossible to make placement impossible unless you're both playing 24 hex armies and you are basically cooperating to make it happen (painting alternating stripes of units). Even on smaller maps like Fossil it's not happening. Try it out, or just trust me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events