Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 20th, 2019, 10:43 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: How will C3V units affect the Metagame?

Oof. This discussion is making some waves. Watch your footing, or you might fall...
Old November 20th, 2019, 10:45 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

What I got from all that is that people aren't going to be asking us to run VC events at GenCon anymore...
Old November 20th, 2019, 10:47 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Your last post said quite a bit about stuff that I wasn’t even talking about, referring to, or thinking about. Please feel free to reread my post and then shoot me a pm or text if you want further discussion. I will bow out of this discussion because I don’t have info to make this discussion meaningful.
Hmmmm...

- DS states OD's didn't do as good a job of balancing units as C3V does
- MM states it's unfair to make that claim because OD's had no idea game would be cancelled and we can't assume they didn't have future plans of balancing the game further
- DS responds with an in-depth reasoning as to why his previous claim is a fair and reasonable claim

Not sure what I missed, but seems like he covered what was being discussed.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 20th, 2019, 10:50 PM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
What I got from all that is that people aren't going to be asking us to run VC events at GenCon anymore...
I mean, I think it would be super neat if GenCon ran VC events every year... This whole tidalwave of drama aside, there's some fun stuff that's come out of VC, and while they don't always hit the mark, they do try. I hope that the stirrings here, between a relatively small selection of the VC staff, and some of the GenCon Legends, doesn't have to ruin things for everyone else.
Old November 20th, 2019, 10:52 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
I mean, I think it would be super neat if GenCon ran VC events every year... This whole tidalwave of drama aside, there's some fun stuff that's come out of VC, and while they don't always hit the mark, they do try. I hope that the stirrings here, between a relatively small selection of the VC staff, and some of the GenCon Legends, doesn't have to ruin things for everyone else.
I just want to point out that none of us are legends. We're all just regular old dudes (and, in the case of Ken, actually old).
Old November 20th, 2019, 10:53 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

What constitutes poor play on Marutuk’s part? Good play?

She’s a wrecking ball for sure. But in a typical game she eats LEA’s and can usually club one decent time before being made moot. Often that single swing of 8 won’t OHKO the big bads she’s meant to hunt. Unless it’s Q9, who she might render moot.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 20th, 2019, 10:54 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
In a thread of puzzling posts, this one puzzles me the most of all. But like my friend Matthias, I will invite anyone who wishes to discuss it further - particularly you, OEAO - to send me a PM.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 20th, 2019, 10:55 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
In a thread of puzzling posts, this one puzzles me the most of all. But like my friend Matthias, I will invite anyone who wishes to discuss it further - particularly you, OEAO - to send me a PM.
Mostly a joke, but also:

"I'm not saying you, or even you plural at GenCon, need to like something you don't like. Go ahead; leave us out. I am satisfied that we've achieved what we set out to do, with or without appearing in Indy." -DS
Old November 20th, 2019, 10:58 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I just want to point out that none of us are legends. We're all just regular old dudes (and, in the case of Ken, actually old).
Wait a minute, how many games can I be a legend in?

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old November 20th, 2019, 11:00 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Mostly a joke, but also:

"I'm not saying you, or even you plural at GenCon, need to like something you don't like. Go ahead; leave us out. I am satisfied that we've achieved what we set out to do, with or without appearing in Indy." -DS
Well, I've been persuaded by a friend of mine that that was the wise course of action. So I've persuaded myself on the point. I give up; you guys do what you want. We'll take pretty much the rest of the country.

One quick follow-up: In private communication with another person, I discovered I was not crystal clear on one important point. The *only* thing I'm saying we do better than the original designers is keep a tight bell on the grading curve. That's it. Heaven knows I'm not saying we are better designers, in any larger sense.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 20th, 2019, 11:01 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
0.3: you get .1 for each person who actually plays the game you're good at (like, three people play Dungeon Dice...)
Old November 20th, 2019, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
All I know is that one of you won the main event with Hatamoto Taro, and that's Legendary status in my book. There's also the all Drow Chainfighter army, which I absolutely love, and was my favorite unit at the time that happened.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs