Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old July 8th, 2016, 07:21 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Garada's Customs - 05/12/16 - ALL 4 TMNT!

Nothing. Three attacks of 3 with no range is not that powerful even with the blanks mechanic. Squads can throw a lot more dice.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 8th, 2016, 12:00 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Great work!

However, I don't get Michelangelo's power at all. He can move and attack 3 times with all blanks counting as skulls? This seems really powerful and there doesn't seem to be a downside. Raphael can make one extra attack, but he takes a wound marker.

What am I missing here?
Thanks for the feedback!

Please note that all 4 of these guys are currently just rough 1st drafts, and haven't been playtested yet. I fully expect them to change quite a bit before I'm happy to consider them 'finished' - I just like to throw down a completed card that captures my initial thoughts on how the character should 'feel' on the table, then tweak them as I play. Perhaps Mikey is too powerful and needs to be nerfed, or maybe Raph is too weak and needs a little buff - I just don't know yet. The only thing I do know is that I want to keep them in this price range so that all 4 combined will cost 500 points.

I am, as always, open to any and all suggestions, and if you get a chance to try them out in an actual game, please let me know the results!
Old July 8th, 2016, 12:21 PM

Mr. White is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nothing. Three attacks of 3 with no range is not that powerful even with the blanks mechanic. Squads can throw a lot more dice.
Yes, but that's a total of 9 dice on one opponent if need be. On top of that, if I remember right, four of the sides are going to be hits?

Maybe not allow the blanks to be hits?
Old July 8th, 2016, 12:27 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, but that's a total of 9 dice on one opponent if need be. On top of that, if I remember right, four of the sides are going to be hits?

Or to limit him to not hitting the same target more than once.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 8th, 2016, 12:39 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Or to limit him to not hitting the same target more than once.
I am more inclined towards the 'not hitting the same figure more than once', since I specifically included the 'blanks count as skulls' language to simulate the bone-crunching power of Nunchucks - when Mikey hits, he hits HARD [and it hurts]. I can also change this ability to a Special Attack so that it doesn't benefit from Height Advantage [and I can play with the Attack value a bit more].
Old July 8th, 2016, 01:41 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

It seems like modeling the power on Kumiko would be the way to go:

Old July 8th, 2016, 02:22 PM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
It seems like modeling the power on Kumiko would be the way to go:

Not a bad idea at all, Mr. Davies.

I actually looked at Kumiko [and all of the other official HS ninja] when I was creating the cards. No reason Mikey's special ability couldn't be 'Nunchaku Barrage Special Attack' with the addition of 'blanks count as Skulls' and just call it a day.

The only problem is that this won't give me much room on the card, so I'll have to axe 'Cowabunga'.
Old July 29th, 2016, 04:37 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

I love the choice of using the red mask wearing Turtles from the original concept rather than the multi-colored kids version we've all become accustomed to. That's the way I would go, too.

It just looks less childish when mixed in with other... little plastic toys that represent comic book super heroes who wear brightly colored spandex tights. I really just went with that thought, did't I.
Old July 29th, 2016, 05:45 PM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
I love the choice of using the red mask wearing Turtles from the original concept rather than the multi-colored kids version we've all become accustomed to. That's the way I would go, too.

It just looks less childish when mixed in with other... little plastic toys that represent comic book super heroes who wear brightly colored spandex tights. I really just went with that thought, did't I.
Ha ha! That's true, they do look much more 'realistic' on the board next to Superman, Spider-Man and a bunch of Roman Gladiators and Marro Warriors when they're wearing their Red bandannas!

To be honest though, I went with the All-Red for 2 reasons:

1) The minis were cheaper [that's reason enough right there!]
2) It's the version of the Turtles that I was first introduced to, via the early comics and more importantly the old Palladium Games RPG books

On a side note, it's good to see you posting here again, even if it's just for a short while - I think we're both in the 'tired, busy old man' category and don't create as much 'Scape stuff as we used to [or would like to], but it still comes in little spurts here and there.

I actually PLAY quite a bit [not just 'Scape, but lots of different board games], I just don't come up with a whole lot of original custom content these days. This is mostly because C3G has it covered, and I've otherwise already made or found suitable cards for the characters I most want to see on the table. Every once in a while a new mini is released that strikes my fancy and pulls me 'out of retirement' - most recently the Turtles, before that it was Death's Head.

Sometimes I look back on all of the customs I've made [and the ones we created together] and think "How the hell did I have the time to do all of that?!" - I mean, I think I have over 100 customs in my gallery, and I would wager that about 40% or more were Helm Words / Garada Art.

Good times!
Old December 24th, 2016, 12:43 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

I always wonder how we had the time. My kids were smaller than and needed more direct attention yet somehow I was up to 1 AM every night chatting it up with you and the other C3G Founding Fathers. Crazy good memories and a time I will always cherish.

Now it seems I'm running to a baseball/basketball game, a practice, a school function, a whatever. I certainly miss the days of scape chat but I'm also really enjoying this stage of life (despite the bad things that happened to too many friends this year now that we have crested the top of the middle age curve). I'm no fool and I know the good times don't last forever. Before I know it, my kids will be running around with girls and then off to college. I should have plenty of time to play online then... unless of course Mrs. Helm has other ideas.

By the way, I want to not only wish @Garada a Happy Holiday, but also a Belated Happy Birthday. Hope all is well.
Old January 5th, 2017, 05:00 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
Quote:

Ha ha! That's true, they do look much more 'realistic' on the board next to Superman, Spider-Man and a bunch of Roman Gladiators and Marro Warriors when they're wearing their Red bandannas!

To be honest though, I went with the All-Red for 2 reasons:

1) The minis were cheaper [that's reason enough right there!]
2) It's the version of the Turtles that I was first introduced to, via the early comics and more importantly the old Palladium Games RPG books

On a side note, it's good to see you posting here again, even if it's just for a short while - I think we're both in the 'tired, busy old man' category and don't create as much 'Scape stuff as we used to [or would like to], but it still comes in little spurts here and there.

I actually PLAY quite a bit [not just 'Scape, but lots of different board games], I just don't come up with a whole lot of original custom content these days. This is mostly because C3G has it covered, and I've otherwise already made or found suitable cards for the characters I most want to see on the table. Every once in a while a new mini is released that strikes my fancy and pulls me 'out of retirement' - most recently the Turtles, before that it was Death's Head.

Sometimes I look back on all of the customs I've made [and the ones we created together] and think "How the hell did I have the time to do all of that?!" - I mean, I think I have over 100 customs in my gallery, and I would wager that about 40% or more were Helm Words / Garada Art.

Good times!
Quote:
I always wonder how we had the time. My kids were smaller than and needed more direct attention yet somehow I was up to 1 AM every night chatting it up with you and the other C3G Founding Fathers. Crazy good memories and a time I will always cherish.

Now it seems I'm running to a baseball/basketball game, a practice, a school function, a whatever. I certainly miss the days of scape chat but I'm also really enjoying this stage of life (despite the bad things that happened to too many friends this year now that we have crested the top of the middle age curve). I'm no fool and I know the good times don't last forever. Before I know it, my kids will be running around with girls and then off to college. I should have plenty of time to play online then... unless of course Mrs. Helm has other ideas.

By the way, I want to not only wish @Garada a Happy Holiday, but also a Belated Happy Birthday. Hope all is well.
This is the surest sign that we are getting old - nostalgia! When we wax poetic about "the good old days" its very obvious that we aren't young anymore! I too miss those days, but I can't begin to figure out how I had time to keep up around here and also keep up with work (and later going back to school and working!) Happy holidays to you both and to all the old crew (and the newbies too!)

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations