Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 20th, 2006, 04:43 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Strategy: A Desperate Rescue Attempt

Anyone still play the official scenarios? I do!

So, I just played a couple games of a "A Desperate Recue Attempt" on the trollsford swamps battlefield, and the defender got owned both times!

It seems that if one attacker gets a ranged squad like the (marros, Kravs), and the other attacker gets a long range cannon (deadeye, syv, Q9) then you can force the defender to get off the hill, or get slowly pecked to death. The problem is that once he gets off the hill, you can just tear into him from high ground with both attackers. Very few units can withstand a barrage by two players before they get to move again.

Note that the sandy attack glyph area is on low ground from the other side of the water. If the attacker steps onto the sand, the tables are turned! In one of my games, Jotun moved off the hill to kill a Krav on the attack glyph, and got 4 wound markers in a turn from syvarris across the river.

Also, getting the 4th mass line as a defender is good in theory, but terrible in execution. They die easily, even with Raelin, and then must constantly move to get within attacking range, negating their wait then fire bonus.

I need to try going heavy snakes or microcorp agents as the defender. Maybe snipers.

So, has anyone rescued Drake recently?
Old May 20th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I was going to suggest the Microcop Agents for the defender. Getting both the extra attack dice and defense dice at the same time would be nice. You might want to correct the subject line.
Old May 20th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hahah. DesperRAPE. HAHA!

Definately try the Corp Agents for the defender.
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:09 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation
I have won that game after moving down off the height, but then the fight revolves around control of the attack and defense glyphs. As you've pointed out, they're in low ground, so they're hard to get to and negate height advantage. I played with several squads of grut archers, so I could make my move and keep fire coming down from the height. I also had a line of them coming in so as quickly as one was shot off the glyph, another took its place. Syvarris on that glyph across the stream is fearsome. We took very heavy losses dislodging him, too. They took hideous losses - over 75% - but they're orcs, who cares.

I don't hold glyphs with the 4th Mass. You're likely to disperse your firepower into insignificant parts or the board, which are often not on advantageous terrain. You need to get 4th Mass to commanding high ground. Then they're rolling 3 dice, even if they move. I would hold the rest of them in place to get 1 or 2 4-die attacks with wait then fire. Taking an all valiant army gives them that automatic + to defense, so now they can stand up there. What else? It sounds like you took 1 squad of them. Since they're common, take 2; you can fire and maneuvre all over the board.

I do play a lot of the official scenario boards since they're all constructed from one Master Set and are fairly easy to construct.
Old February 12th, 2016, 05:34 PM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart
Re: Strategy: A Desperate Rescue Attempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornPuff View Post
Anyone still play the official scenarios? I do!
me too, is that weird?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion