Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 16th, 2020, 08:53 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 5/16/20: Draft Horses]

I really dig. Makes me wish I had a third horse mini.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 17th, 2020, 12:52 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Heh. I wish that I had any horse minis.
Old May 17th, 2020, 03:35 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

A little confused by the huge price tag per squad. Is the idea to only have 1 squad in each army? Also...I'm just not sure horses on their own should have that much attack/defense...unless these are supposed to be like the massive war horses of the medieval ages where they were trained to attack?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 17th, 2020, 03:56 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
A little confused by the huge price tag per squad. Is the idea to only have 1 squad in each army? Also...I'm just not sure horses on their own should have that much attack/defense...unless these are supposed to be like the massive war horses of the medieval ages where they were trained to attack?
The huge price tag is mostly to discourage them in tournament-style games. I'm concerned about being able to freely reposition up to 3 figures with any powers for a single Order Marker, even if it's kind of prohibitively expensive to take that many units in one army. It has a lot of combo potential with pretty much any kind of unit, so I'd rather that they turn out to be a C unit competitively (or even F, though I don't think they're that bad) so long as they're fun in casual scenarios. They're really intended more for 700 or 1000 point games.

Horses are pretty tough creatures. Their kicks are extremely strong and dangerous, so I feel like anything less than 3 attack is kind of unthematic regardless of the time period. I still considered 2 attack in earlier iterations of the squad that were cheaper, but since I want these guys to be very expensive, I figured that 3 attack gives them a better chance at filling out their points.
Old May 31st, 2020, 09:29 PM

Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 5/31/20: Raging War]

LT. COL. JAMES SMITH
Skilled Tank Commander

Saviors of Valledonn - Heroes of a Lost Time (2/4)

The figure pictured is Heroclix's Haunted Tank or Military Tank, but any miniature tank at a compatible scale works. Lt. Col. James Smith is a double-spaced figure.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • CAPT. JOHN VARAN : PURPLE HEART
    As a Human who follows Jandar, Lt. Col. James Smith may benefit from Capt. John Varan's PURPLE HEART wound reassignment.

• EBON ARMOR : ANIMATED MATERIEL & ETERNAL WAR
    As a Unique Human, a destroyed Ebon Armor you control may be placed on Lt. Col. James Smith's Army Card to replace the figure upon his own destruction.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • 8TH INFANTRY PATHFINDER / 77TH INFANTRY MEDIC : MARCHING ORDERS
    As a Unique Soldier Hero that follows Jandar, Order Markers revealed on Lt. Col. James Smith trigger the 8th Infantry Pathfinder and 77th Infantry Medics' MARCHING ORDERS ability.
    As a Unique Soldier that follows Jandar, Lt. Col. James Smith can also be used as the end-of-movement adjacent figure for the MARCHING ORDERS ability.

• SIR ORRICK : A BROTHER'S CALL
    As a Human who follows Jandar, if engaged, Lt. Col. James Smith may aid Sir Orrick's movement with his A BROTHER'S CALL ability.
As always, any comments or feedback are appreciated.

Last edited by Astroking112; May 26th, 2021 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Added 77th Infantry Medic synergy.
Old May 31st, 2020, 10:46 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 5/31/20: WWII Tank Hero]

Could you post a picture of the scaling next to a human figure? I know we discussed that in the discord but I'm curious.
Old May 31st, 2020, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Could you post a picture of the scaling next to a human figure? I know we discussed that in the discord but I'm curious.
Sure thing! I don't own the miniature myself (I'm looking for a more readily available option), but @IAmBatman provided this excellent shot:

It's certainly smaller than a tank should be, but it fits well on two hexes and the scale doesn't bother me too terribly.
Old June 1st, 2020, 12:54 AM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

While I'd love a tank/mechanized hero of some kind of Jandar, and you've done a great job representing it mechanically, the scale would bother me. It's not as bad as it could be, though.
Old June 1st, 2020, 02:30 AM

That's totally fair. If it helps, I've done a bit more research and found out that the scale isn't as unreasonable as I had first thought. Several light tanks in WWII were just a bit over 7 feet tall... Now, as to whether this mini is a light tank or something else, I have no idea.

Here's some quick pictures of some smaller tanks from Wikipedia if you're interested:
Spoiler Alert!

It falls within the range where I'm willing to ignore it for blowing stuff up with a tank the gameplay, but I get that your mileage might vary. I've been bothered by plenty of stuff like Tomoe Gozen being on a smaller scale than the Samurai before, which is much less noticeable.
Old June 1st, 2020, 02:59 AM

Huh. That is less than I thought, actually.
Old June 1st, 2020, 03:52 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Tanks are cool. The small size is historically inoffensive for a light tank.

I can completely understand the price tag on the Draft Horses. Triple Carry is extremely strong, especially since you could hypothetically carry the same figure three times in a row as you move with each horse individually.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 3rd, 2020, 12:52 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

The Haunted Tank is specifically an M3 Stuart, that's part of why it's haunted in the first place. The M3 is a light tank, so the scale seems pretty decent here.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards