Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old January 10th, 2016, 10:38 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: SPOILER TALK: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Orange eyes could also help, not sure how many bad things you need to do to obtain them though..
Old January 11th, 2016, 11:54 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

This is a great read. It addresses some of the stuff that I've seen a lot of complaints about in this thread--particularly the end fight between Ren and Finn/Rey.

From a New Hope to No Hope At All: “Star Wars,” Tolkien and the sinister and depressing reality of expanded universes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver King View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
It was never fired in the movies before, hence why it was a big deal in this one.
It was fired plenty of times in the movies. The escape from Cloud City scene comes to mind right away, as well as the escape from the Death Star.
When they were escaping from Cloud City Chewbacca used the Stormtrooper blasters that Lando confiscated when he rescued them. I watched this scene just last night. But Chewie did fire it in the movies several times and it was red each time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
I feel that even if they do bring Phasma back in the upcoming films she won't be as badass as she was supposed to be, like I'll still think back to how cowardly she was when she surrendered to Finn and Han, and that will kind of ruin her character for me.
I think Phasma will be great. I'm looking forward to her getting more screen time in the next movie. If she doesn't I will be disappointed.

--

Also, Finn is not a "janitor." He is a fully trained Stormtrooper who had sanitation duty when he was on base.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 11th, 2016, 09:37 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I really liked it.

Only two question marks really stood out as I watched it the first time: I agree that Rey seemed a bit too quick a study of the force, but I think there were hints of explanation in the next episode(s). Ren's injuries explain at least partially why she was able to keep up in the lightsaber duel, despite being an apparent novice. My other quibble is that Phasma seemed a little quick to go along with her captors demands, but not a big deal.

Most of all, I was just happy to be able to really like a Star Wars movie again.

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old January 12th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Most of all, I was just happy to be able to really like a Star Wars movie again.
Yes!!!

It captured the whimsy and the fun and the simple good vs. evil spirit of A New Hope. It captured everything that was best about that movie, freshening it up a bit and changing enough that it was fresh. I look forward to seeing what's next.

It wasn't the best movie ever made, but Star Wars sure as hell wasn't, either.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 12th, 2016, 09:53 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I dare you to try telling ten-year-old me that.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old January 12th, 2016, 09:58 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ten-year-old me lived in Miami and loved a little hole in the wall pizza joint called Frank's Pizza. We all did in my family, it was a special place. Best pizza, you could get slices, Frank was an old Italian guy behind the counter who knew us. There has never been better pizza than Frank's, and will never be better pizza than Frank's. I'm at peace with that.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 12th, 2016, 10:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Saturday Night Fever was better

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 12th, 2016, 11:22 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Ten-year-old me just kicked nine-year-old you in the shin.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old January 12th, 2016, 11:31 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Ten-year-old me just kicked nine-year-old you in the shin.

Staying alive, staying alive!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 19th, 2016, 06:14 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Arrow Re: SPOILER TALK: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Found this on Youtube today. Anyone who's seen the movie ought to watch it, because as far as I'm concerned, this is canon.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies