Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old July 26th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Gencon 2013 - Indianapolis road work

For those of you driving to Indianapolis:

I-70 coming from the west
There has been construction off and on between Terre Haute and Indianapolis all spring/summer. Sometimes there are lane restrictions and sometimes not. Right now there are lane closures for west bound around the Cloverdale exit. The alternate route is to use US-40 -- use exit 11 (IN-46) and go north to US-40 and then east on US-40 all the way to IN-39 and then go south on IN-39 to get back to I-70. You'll go through the town of Brazil (several stoplights), but otherwise it is a 4-lane highway with only a couple of stoplights.

I-70 coming from the east
The work around Mt. Comfort road exit (just east of Indy) is done and there shouldn't be any problems.

I-65 coming from the south
The bridge over the Ohio River at Louisville can be a congested area -- I've been through there twice in the last two months and once was a big back-up and the other time was no problem. There is a way around downtown Louisville -- Use I-265 west to I-64 west to I-264 north to I-65 north (it is about 10 miles longer, but avoids the work zone backups downtown).

I-65 coming from the north
Besides the normal heavy traffic between Chicago and Indy, shouldn't be any problems.

I-74 coming form the east
No problems -- one note: if you use IN-1 to "cut the corner" around Cincinnati, it is closed right now.

I-74 coming from the west
They finally finished the work at I-74/I-465 interchange -- the traffic lanes may be different than they were last year, but just follow the signs.

I-69 coming from the north
Construction work at 116th street exit -- some lane closures possible.

I-69 coming from the south
Well, this road is only half way completed between Evansville, IN and Indianapolis, but it does cut down the travel time compared to coming up US-41 and then over on I-70.

I'll update as we get closer to Gencon if there are any changes.

Last edited by Retlaw; July 26th, 2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Gencon 2013 - Indianapolis road work

The traffic report this morning said there was off and on lane closures on I-65 around Lebanon, IN (between Chicago and Indy). They are adding lanes to the road and also re-working one of the interchanges.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con