Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 1st, 2007, 05:01 AM

Roufus has disabled reputation
Vietnam/Landmines

In celebration of the jungle set coming out, my brother and I decided to have a custom flat scenario with alot of even lines of water.

And landmines.

Every time you stopped moving on a nonwater space, you rolled a 20 sided dice. Roll a 20, and BOOM, two wounds.

It made it an incentive to be in water, let me tell you.

We rolled 7 20's that way. I got four of them The 'best' rolls I've ever gotten in a game.
Two of my Emperium bit it that way.

It was pretty hilarious.

Old December 1st, 2007, 08:56 AM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker
sounds like a cant think of any good puns, good time.
Old December 1st, 2007, 02:38 PM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
That sounds really fun. I'm definitely going to have to try it out sometime.

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old December 1st, 2007, 03:33 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
I'm definitely doing this when I get the jungle set!
Good idea!
Old December 1st, 2007, 11:23 PM

Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker
Mighty fine idea. But a little too creepy for me having gone through real minefields.

As an aside you might want think about an optional "freeze" roll and get an engineer to pull you off of it safely.
Old December 1st, 2007, 11:40 PM

Roufus has disabled reputation
They way we're going to do it next time is that you only roll for it when you land on a sand piece. But, of course, there will be alot of sand pieces strown about. Not so random, but a general 'minefield' like application with a few patches here and there so they are hard to avoid.

Mostly sand, except for hills and cliffs.

The freeze rule might work, but with a little bit of a stipulation.

If you roll a 20 for a kaboom, IF you have a friendly character standing next to you, you may roll a d20 to see if it can be saved. 14 or higher, they don't go kaboom.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 07:07 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvaris
Sounds like a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 12:21 AM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvaris
Sounds like a blast.

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 12:44 AM

that guy has disabled reputation
Sounds cool. Less dangerous than lava but just as exciting.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 01:36 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Seems like it'd definitely increase the value of heroes versus squaddies a bit. At least the high defense/high cost heroes. Heroes could live through a mine blast (many of them two or more). A squaddie gets one unlucky roll and they're gone.
Of course, this isn't true to the extent that it unbalances things. It's a lot less of a threat to squaddies than Braxas, for instance.
Sounds like a lot of fun, too, btw.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 3rd, 2007, 01:42 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
I think you're going to need a lot of these trees to make it work (to make it feel like jungle warfare, that is), but it still needs to be done!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion