Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old July 28th, 2012, 01:09 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of Matter-Eater Lad

The Book of Matter-Eater Lad

C3G DC SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 38
HEROES OF THE 31ST CENTURY

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Superman set.
Its model number and name are #025 / Matter-Eater Lad.

Character Bio - Matter-Eater Lad (Tenzil Kem) is the fifteenth member inducted into the Legion of Super-Heroes, joining soon after Bouncing Boy. Tenzil comes from Bismoll, a planet where microbes had made all their food inedible, and as a result the inhabitants evolved their ability to eat all matter as a survival mechanism. Tenzil is able to bite through and consume all forms of matter; including that which is supposedly indestructible like Amazonium or Superman.

Tenzil was constantly being drafted into his planet's political system due to his fame as a Legion member and as such has been unavailable for many Legion missions.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • If the Ice Rock placed by Frost Giant to trap a figure is removed by using Matter-Eater Lad's Matter Eater special power, does the trapped figure return to the battlefield?
  • No. The Matter Eater special power removes the Destructible Object from the game without destroying & without triggering powers that activate when the object is destroyed.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:
  • N/A
Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 09:40 PM. Reason: png
Old July 28th, 2012, 01:10 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Matter Eater Lad - Design Phase

NAME = MATTER-EATER LAD
SECRET IDENTITY = TENZIL KEM

SPECIES = BISMOLLIAN
UNIQUENESS= UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEGIONNAIRE
PERSONALITY = STALWART

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 60

MATTER EATER
Instead of attacking, you may either choose a tiny, small, medium, or large destructible object that is adjacent to or occupies the same space as Matter-Eater Lad or an unequipped glyph within 1 space of Matter-Eater Lad and remove it from the game. Place any figure that was on the destructible object or glyph on the corresponding space previously occupied by the destructible object or glyph. If the destructible object was a vehicle, place all figures that occupied the vehicle on spaces previously occupied by the removed vehicle. Figures moved with this special power will not take any falling damage.

EXPLOSION SWALLOWER
If a destructible object within 4 spaces of Matter-Eater Lad would be destroyed, Matter-Eater Lad may immediately move adjacent to that destructible object and use his Matter Eater power. When Matter-Eater Lad moves with this special power, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

FLYING

Last edited by tcglkn; May 22nd, 2020 at 12:51 PM.
Old July 28th, 2012, 01:20 AM

Ok, here is the lamest super hero ever. But he is part of the Legion & has a clix so he has to be done. Even the writers don't use him, as they are constantly making up reasons why he isn't there. Having said that he did save the universe once by eating a device that was supposedly indestructible which would have ripped the universe apart.

So basically he can eat anything & that's the whole extent of his power. I had no idea what else I could do with him except what I have put down - I doubt makes him draftable . So feel free to suggest anything else. I just wanted to get him out of the way & he was next in the planning list for me. I hope this LD is to be like ripping off a band aid.
Old July 28th, 2012, 01:35 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Here's what I wrote up for him a while back. Not a whole lot to do with the character, so it shouldn't be too hard to come up with something.
Quote:
MATTER EATING
Figures may not add any dice or shields to their normal defense number in any way. Destructible objects may not use any special powers when being attacked or destroyed by Matter-Eater Lad. If Matter-Eater Lad destroys a figure or destructible object, remove 2 wound markers from this card.
Old July 28th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Been waiting for this guy. It'd be cool if he could eat single space terrain tiles.
Old July 28th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
MATTER EATER
Instead of attacking, you may remove a glyph, or a destructible object that is either adjacent to; or occupies the same space as Matter Eater Lad.
Not knowing this epic character I would ask if there is a size limitation to what he can swallow or can he just shove anything in there?

It could have some interesting uses in getting rid of Evergreen Trees and also 18-Wheelers so that people can use them as height advantage.

I guess my other question would be, what about figures occupying a vehicle DO? I can't recall off hand if the vehicle DO rules have a provision for vehicles being "removed" from the game with a figure in them. I know what goes on when the vehicle is destroyed, but "removed" is different. We can't say in his power that the DO is considered destroyed when he swallows it because then you have to deal with "destroyed" effects from Evergreen Trees and Ruined Battlements. Also, how would that work with a Ice Rock with a figure in it? Would they be eaten too? That would be pretty powerful if he were on the Frost Giants side.

Quote:
EXPLOSION SWALLOWER
If a destructible object, within 4 spaces of Matter Eater Lad, is to would be destroyed, you may instead place Matter Eater Lad on space adjacent that object and use Matter Eater power immediately.
I'm not the wording expert, but those edits seem a little better to me, but I'm not sure if it passes muster.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 28th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Been waiting for this guy. It'd be cool if he could eat single space terrain tiles.
Mini Galactus. That would be cool.

A3n, does eating Matter heal him at all by chance? That'd be a good game mechanic, but I'm not sure if it's accurate.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 28th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I love Matter-Eater Lad. I actually have his figure already.

One thing that would make sense to me would be that figures don' receive auto-shields, as he can eat through indestructible things (such as Cap's Vibranium or Ultron's Adamantium), but it wouldn't make sense with Close Combat Expert and such. I dunno, thought I'd throw it out there.

Ability to destroy glyphs and swallow explosions is cool. He'd be a niche figure but definitely a good counter-draft for E-Glyph heavy characters or on a DO-strewn battlefield.
Old July 28th, 2012, 11:58 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I think he's going to be a lot like Leech, in that he's primarily a counterdraft.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 28th, 2012, 01:08 PM

I don't believe that he ever ate terrain. It really is more unnatural objects. Size wasn't an issue just that it would obviously take a bit longer to eat it but I thought it would be simpler not to worry about size for HS mechanics because he can eat anything.

No he doesn't heal by eating, anymore then you or I do when we eat normal food. Basically the objects he eats is his normal food. His race can't eat plant or animal life of their world due to some microbes contained in them.

I agree that we need to consider figures on top of DOs, so maybe something like this (which is loosely based off our Warehouse Ruin DO).

Quote:
MATTER EATER
Instead of attacking, you may remove a glyph, or a destructible object that is either adjacent to; or occupies the same space as Matter Eater Lad. Place any figure that was on the top of the glyph or destructible object on the corresponding space previously occupied by the glyph or object.
I agree with Johnny's assessment of the ability limiting additional attack dice, whilst cool not always appropriate.
Old July 28th, 2012, 02:48 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

What about glyphs on DO's? Should we add that in there after figure? But then it would be weird to say "any glyphs on glyphs."
Old July 28th, 2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
What about glyphs on DO's? Should we add that in there after figure? But then it would be weird to say "any glyphs on glyphs."
I think we have a few powers out there now that don't specifically provide for that scenario. I think we can fudge it and FAQ as necessary.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library