Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old October 19th, 2010, 03:39 PM

LazarusDarkeyes is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Heroscape, the Wargame

I'm writing up some extensive rules for adding a layer to the battles of Heroscape in that armies are marching across the world map to be used with my buddies.

There are 2 major problems to which I haven't come up with solutions which make me happy about, both of which, are on teh same topic. that is, as armies are marching around a world map, when then encounter a battlemap is created and a standard Heroscape battle is fought. The battlemap should be relevant to the world map terrain:
1) I need a way to easily create tailored (plains, mountainous, river, ice, lava, jungle, etc.) random maps. I'd hope it could also factor the number of which sets of map tiles I have in my possession.
2) What do the players not participating in the battle do while the battle is fought

As for #1, I dabbled with the idea of trying to compile a huge list of custom maps easily found out there and assign them to different terrain types, but that isn't my first choice.

As for #2, I have been trying to dabble with some idea which gives some justification to allow the other players (Valkyries) to influence the battle so they can minimally participate, but nothing has come up that I was thrilled with.

Thoughts?

Thanks ahead of time. Constructive criticism is highly desired. This is still in development and not ever at a alpha test level.

Sincerely,
LazarusDarkeyes
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape, the Wargame

This has been tried in the past a few times:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30169

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=21893

And one particular 'scaper has regular updates of something of this caliber in his blog. Here is his most recent post:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1365
Old October 20th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Addressing #1, the first thing I thought of was GaryLASQ's MOPs. His website has a bunch of MOPs and a nice handy table of what terrain each one requires. Either using those, or just the map making principles they are based on, you could assemble a bunch of MOPs that represent some regular terrain types, and then go from a hex map to whichever terrain specific MOP is indicated on the hex map when the two opposing forces meet. The start zones could be the "spaces" over the edge of the MOP. Maybe have a set of numbered chits with corresponding numbered trays. The survivors go on the tray, and the numbered chit goes back on the hex map for the large scale army maneuvering.
Old October 20th, 2010, 03:08 AM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarusDarkeyes View Post
2) What do the players not participating in the battle do while the battle is fought
I think the best thing to do for this is to do the big battlemap tactics outside of your Heroscape night, so by email the week prior or you all send your movement orders. Movement orders at the battlemap can be decided at different times, but the moves themselves would be considered simultaneous. If you've ever played Diplomacy, it works something like this. If you know two players are going to fight from the movement order results, then they meet up at the end of the week and battle it out on a Heroscape map. And if there's a player that would otherwise have to wait for other players to get a chance to play, he could show up a half an hour late if he didn't want to sit around and watch people play (this is assuming you have punctual friends that can keep a schedule).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions