Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 11th, 2008, 11:19 AM

Geet has disabled reputation
Where to buy?

I've been playing/collecting heroscape for several months now, and I'm having trouble finishing my collection.

I go to all the Wal-Marts, Targets, and ToysRUs on a regular basis. I visit housemouse, hasbro, amazon, and funagaingames online pretty much daily. I have still yet to acquire the following:

Wave 1 Romans
Wave 2 Minions and Drones
Wave 5 Soulborgs
Wave 5 Ninjas and Samurai
Any Wave 7

Is there some secret source that I just haven't come across yet? Or are these particular packs difficult for others to find as well?

I can get most of those on eBay, but for some reason ALL the heroscape on there seems to run $20+ per pack once you factor in shipping (some are much more). Also, in my area, every store has 3 billion packs of Nakitas and/or Zombies and nothing else. Are you guys seeing a similar thing in your neck of the woods?
Old January 11th, 2008, 11:30 AM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
You juts got to keep your eyes open. You may get a good deal on Ebay. Or you may be able to buy/trade with some people on this site. Keep looking in stores because you never know when they may get some new stuff in. I guess its down to a hit and miss until you get your set complete. Thats pretty much what I had to do to complete mine. Although I suggest this sites trade thread over ebay.

Long live Heroscape.
Old January 11th, 2008, 04:28 PM

aerofool Woo who?
What you need to do is learn your fave stores receiving dates. This is when they get their new stuff in and put it out. I usually hit those stores then to get first crack. My two local Wal-Marts usually get their scape stuff in late Wednesday/early Thursday. Depending on who is working the dept that day determines when they will be put out. I try to be nice and let the stockers do their jobs before raiding the cases. Almost always, the stock is out by Thursday evening.

At this time, there are a few things you may not get your hands on unless you hit them early...

Any Wave 8 (when it finally comes out)
Wave 7 Templars and Ashigaru
Wave 4 Greeks/Vipers
Wave 3 Senitnels/Monks
Wave 2 Militia/Wolves and Minions Drones
Wave 1 Orcs and Romans

****! I must be having a bad week!
Old January 11th, 2008, 04:38 PM

Geet has disabled reputation
I actually had no trouble at all finding grut orcs, militia, and monks online for a cheap price. Actually the orcs took a little while before they showed up, but they were cheap when they did. The greeks I found easily at Target. I'm not sure I've ever seen any hint of Wave 7 anywhere though I did get lucky and found 1 pack of Soulborgs (blastatrons) at a FLGS today, but I'd still like to get one more (me thinks you need 2x of every common at a minimum)

Oh well, I guess I'll have to keep the hunt going. If it's this hard to find stuff now, I can't imagine how bad it will be if/when wave 8 comes out. When did Wave 7 hit the shelves, and have they been this difficult to find since day 1?
Old January 11th, 2008, 04:44 PM

thaddeus p whirl has disabled reputation
This is a difficult time for a Scaper to try to find ANY Heroscape products. With the new year, store restocks, and the silence from Hasbro, Heroscape is scarce all over the place. Good luck though! Keep looking, eventually you'll find that stuff if you try hard enough.
Old January 11th, 2008, 04:47 PM

aerofool Woo who?
What I listed is what I've struggled to find. And of course every experience is differant!

Wave 7 was supposedly released this past summer. We had one case arrive in a local store in October, and that was it. Someone got there before me and picked up the Templars. That is the only booster expansion I have none of. The release for wave 7 was extremely limited. Most stores have not seen much of it on their shelves if any at all. We did see a few large influxes on the hasbrotoyshop web site but they did not last long either. The usual Scape releases start off limited, then in several months we see more, and a few months later we see a bit more... then a new wave hits and the cycle repeats itself. I would expect the same for wave 8. At this time, we will possibly be seeing wave 8 online around March, then see it trickle into stores in June/July. Then if you don't get it then, look for a replenishment of wave 8 in stores around November if not early 2009.

****! I must be having a bad week!
Old January 11th, 2008, 06:19 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
I'm still looking for those stupid Ninja & Samurai...... I can't find them anywhere....

I guess we must just have patience and keep looking.
Old January 11th, 2008, 06:30 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofool
What I listed is what I've struggled to find. And of course every experience is differant!

Wave 7 was supposedly released this past summer. We had one case arrive in a local store in October, and that was it. Someone got there before me and picked up the Templars.
Several WalMarts, KMarts, Target and TRU combined resulted in only ONE case of Wave 7, of which I bought the Templars. I've not seen Wave 7 around here since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre
I'm still looking for those stupid Ninja & Samurai...... I can't find them anywhere....
I can't believe I passed these guys up for so long. When I finally wanted them I couldn't find them. That's why I now buy anything I don't have, or maybe possibly want multiples of, whenever I see it, even if it's priced at $12.99.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old January 11th, 2008, 07:55 PM

Squitter The Spider has disabled reputation
I got my Ninjas and Samurai at Target for 10$.

Old January 11th, 2008, 10:14 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I can get Ninjas and Samurais locally if anyone still needs them.
Old January 11th, 2008, 11:01 PM

CH4071C has disabled reputation
I can get 2 or 3 Samuri and Ninjas and 2 greeks and vipers if anyone needs them, thought it might be a little while(no money right now).
also, if anyone needs soulborgs, rats, zombies (or any wave six), I might be able to do something.

And I'm pretty sure they will still be there next time I have money, they have been there for 5 weeks now. I seem to be the only one buying 'scape in my area.

(anyone need niketas, I can get 9-12 , there taking up to much space for new things to come in.)

P.S. anyone need Marvel , my walmart has 25-30 setting on the shelves, and only 6 SotM. sadly, no RotV at walmart, but Kmart has them for $30 (I'll wait until they go down some)

CH4071C

Are you a Heroscape Addict? Check the Symptoms.

My Maps
Old January 11th, 2008, 11:46 PM

Sphere knows what's in an order marker Sphere knows what's in an order marker
Re: Where to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geet
I have still yet to acquire the following:

Wave 1 Romans
Wave 2 Minions and Drones
Wave 5 Soulborgs
Wave 5 Ninjas and Samurai
Any Wave 7

Toysrus has Soulborgs in stock:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2502957

Fairplaygames has them, too, a couple of dollars higher.[/url]

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion