Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 13th, 2020, 07:47 PM

SirMarc is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Question Heroscape Wargame

Hello,
I just started playing heroscape again after 10 or so years in storage. Now I have a basement table that I can dedicate to the game.
I am wondering if anyone is having an issue when playing with armies at are over 500 points? Using the numbered shields (1,2&3)and the x shield is great for small games but for larger scale games it makes the game hours to move your units.
I have a lot of figure and some of the online displays are massive and would take dozen of turns to traverse. so here is my question..

Question: Has anyone played a game with modified rules for larger armies?

I was going to try to have more shields to place on the cards (number the Shields 1 through 6) so that we are not rolling for initiative so much.

But this won't really change the problems when I am playing with more units. Is there a modication where all units move in a turn? then your opponent moves their units? more like other wargames.

Reading this you might say.."just play another game" Perhaps but I really like the heroscape units, the abilities and characters.

Just looking for some one who may have had this issue..Thanks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion