Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old September 6th, 2020, 10:46 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Sujoah body (new) matte
Sujoah left wing large matte
Sujoah left wing small matte
Sujoah right wing large matte
Sujoah right wing small matte
Old September 11th, 2020, 01:00 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey, those prints look pretty great!
I got to do a second print of all the more expensive squads. The spiders are one that definitely need printing without the base, I lose a few legs trying to remove the supports. I'm thinking about giving this photogrammetry a try. I have not read through all on this thread, is that what was used for these? If so it's pretty impressive. You do need to prep a photo space somewhat though, right?
Old September 11th, 2020, 09:47 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
I got to do a second print of all the more expensive squads. The spiders are one that definitely need printing without the base, I lose a few legs trying to remove the supports. I'm thinking about giving this photogrammetry a try. I have not read through all on this thread, is that what was used for these? If so it's pretty impressive. You do need to prep a photo space somewhat though, right?
Yes, I used photogrammetry and a free program called 3DF Zephyr Free.

The two most important things to get a good scan are
1) good lighting
2) some kind of background

For the background, I use a Heroscape map of Valhalla, but magazine pictures work as well.

You'll need to take 40-50 pictures around the figure. A cell phone can be used, but I use a canon SLR camera and put it on fixed focus. I also use a motorized turntable and a camera trigger so I can start the scan and come back in few minutes after it's done.

A computer with a good graphics card will make the 3D model generation a lot faster--for me, a good model on ultra mode takes about 12 hours on my computer.

After that, the scans need to be cleaned up a little. That's the time consuming part. I remove the background and then try to smooth out/fix any holes.
Old September 14th, 2020, 06:19 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:

1) good lighting

For the background, I use a Heroscape map of Valhalla, but magazine pictures work as well.

You'll need to take 40-50 pictures around the figure. A cell phone can be used, but I use a canon SLR camera and put it on fixed focus. I also use a motorized turntable and a camera trigger so I can start the scan and come back in few minutes after it's done.

A computer with a good graphics card will make the 3D model generation a lot faster--for me, a good model on ultra mode takes about 12 hours on my computer.

After that, the scans need to be cleaned up a little. That's the time consuming part. I remove the background and then try to smooth out/fix any holes.
That sounds like a very nice minimal setup.
A bit more work than I had imagined. Will have to still try it sometime.
Is there a difference in quality of the scan between using a phone camera opposed to a dslr or something?
Old September 14th, 2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:

1) good lighting

That sounds like a very nice minimal setup.
A bit more work than I had imagined. Will have to still try it sometime.
Is there a difference in quality of the scan between using a phone camera opposed to a dslr or something?
The important thing is to have a wide focus. I set the focus to maximum on my camera to make sure the background is in focus also.
Old October 2nd, 2020, 07:31 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey White Knight! I was printing some Death Chasers and wondered which bases would you use for them? I downloaded your small base - that seems to be the base for the Wyrmlings, but I feel like the one for the Death Chasers is different... is that right? I tried putting a Death Chaser on one but it had some overlap...

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old October 3rd, 2020, 12:04 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Here's a couple of files for you @Flash_19 to max out that Ender build plate, so you can rest easy while your printer does the work while you sleep or are at work. I'll add the smaller singles and smaller peanuts shortly.
36 Standard Scape bases scaled Flat

25 Large Single Hex Bases scaled flat

12 Large Peanut bases scaled flat
@White Knight , feel free to add these to the OP if you would like. I have them scaled, and have them made to max out a standard 220x220 mm Ender 3 build plate. Enjoy guys. I'll throw the other ones on as soon as I can.

EDIT: I want to add, that these are scaled correctly, and oriented where they are support free and ready to slice.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 3rd, 2020, 12:45 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Here's one more:
18 Small peanut bases scaled flat

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 3rd, 2020, 10:02 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Here's a couple of files for you @Flash_19 to max out that Ender build plate, so you can rest easy while your printer does the work while you sleep or are at work. I'll add the smaller singles and smaller peanuts shortly.
36 Standard Scape bases scaled Flat

25 Large Single Hex Bases scaled flat

12 Large Peanut bases scaled flat
@White Knight , feel free to add these to the OP if you would like. I have them scaled, and have them made to max out a standard 220x220 mm Ender 3 build plate. Enjoy guys. I'll throw the other ones on as soon as I can.

EDIT: I want to add, that these are scaled correctly, and oriented where they are support free and ready to slice.
These look awesome Trex!!! You are too kind!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old October 3rd, 2020, 02:22 PM

Herofly knows what's in an order marker Herofly knows what's in an order marker

So I'm wanting to start putting stickers on my bases for my prints. I know a file is floating around somewhere but i haven't found it yet. Could we possibly get it posted on the 1st page to be easily found?
Old October 3rd, 2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Hey White Knight! I was printing some Death Chasers and wondered which bases would you use for them? I downloaded your small base - that seems to be the base for the Wyrmlings, but I feel like the one for the Death Chasers is different... is that right? I tried putting a Death Chaser on one but it had some overlap...
The Death Chasers should be on the small D&D base as well (1" diameter), but I don't have them so maybe someone who has them can measure the bases.

Here is a scan of one of the Deathchasers along with some an Anubian Wolf and a Mohican (which use standard bases) and a Death Knight (which also uses the standard D&D base).

Old October 3rd, 2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herofly View Post
So I'm wanting to start putting stickers on my bases for my prints. I know a file is floating around somewhere but i haven't found it yet. Could we possibly get it posted on the 1st page to be easily found?
PDF
WK's base stickers

Powerpoint
WK's base stickers ppt

Also see Grey Owl's post here:
Grey Owl's stickers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing