Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Notices

Old July 15th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Design Holocron of Swamps of Dagobah (Design Phase)

R2 was pretty rugged. I don't see a Battle Droid coming out unscathed after being grabbed and spit out.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 15th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

R2 would be affected, just wouldn't take damage in the prior version.
Old July 15th, 2014, 03:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

True, R2 has multiple life so whose to say he did not lose one while getting spit out. Common squad Battle Droids are rather fragile and should get taken down.
Old July 20th, 2014, 10:19 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm going to try and knock out some Baroness tests this week. I can use this map for those tests to see how it plays if you want me to. I will be leaving the glyphs and creature rules out though since it is an Initial PT.
Old July 20th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Works for me
Old July 21st, 2014, 06:13 PM
C3G Landlord

I just finished building the map using the VS file with the glyphs still by the trees. When I finished I checked the avilable material and noticed that it was using 1 too many single, & double sand hexes. So I swapped out the double hexes on level 2 by the large tree & glyph for double grass hexes and then replaced 2 of the single sand hexes on level 1 with a double. The base of the large trees hangs over the edges of it's hex footprint such that the double hex is getting pushed off it's perch just a little bit. It is manageable here with the double hex not connected to anything else, but worth noting for future map building.

I do think you will need some reason to go into the swamp, especially with the creature in play. The swamp banks are fairly high in most places and their are limited places to ascend them, so you could find your self blocked off and trapped on low ground for a while once you drop in. Some powerful or useful permanent glyphs should do the trick. No need for the glyphs behind the trees as figures will be in that section of the map anyway to cross the board without entering the swamp water.

I'll post more thoughts once I've actually played some games on it.
Old July 30th, 2014, 09:37 PM
C3G Landlord

I ran two games on it using C3G units & some of my GIJoe units, no glyphs, and no swamp creature rules. I can link them here if you want to count them as official play tests.

Basically I would send an army around one side of the pond or the other, split the army and went around both sides once too. Only crossed the swamp water when on the very ends when I could move through and back up the other side all in one move. This is where the creature roll to see if you get stuck/attacked would be cool. You do shoot across the Pond quite a bit. The trees and bushes do provide some LOS protection and of course the defense bonus. All the action takes place along the edge of the pond or between the start zone and pond. You could just remove the large trees and raised two hex pieces next to them as they don't get any use.
Old July 31st, 2014, 11:35 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Hmm. I might toy around with this tomorrow, on the bright side, I'm getting internet Tuesday so things will hopefully start moving faster on my end.

As a side note, my hard work is paying off. My lowest grade is a 98.4% currently, and that's in Intro to Business.
Old August 13th, 2014, 02:02 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

What is the status of this one? Is it ready for more tests? I will probably have some playtime this evening, so I'm considering building this and running a Lando test on it.
Old August 14th, 2014, 07:50 PM
C3G Landlord

I'd say go ahead and run those Lando tests on it. It is always good to get some more opinions on maps as not everyone has the same game styles.
Old August 14th, 2014, 10:20 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

It's in progress.
Old August 14th, 2014, 11:13 PM
Now moves with Flying.

sorry, been a little swamped with end of the quarter as of late.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape