Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old June 24th, 2020, 06:35 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HoME General Discussion Thread

I think something else to keep in mind with playtesting is that we need to split a difference between testing against classic scape and testing against HoME figures primarily/exclusively.

So, for example with Aragorn, we might want 6 tests with him working with the fellowship and 6 tests with him working with various classic squads and heroes.

If one person is playtesting the same figure multiple times, I think trying to have one army / game be primarily HoME figures and the other primarily classic 'scape is a good goal.

Obviously we wouldn't be able to do this at first, so some of our initial figures will likely need to get playtested again before releasing Master Set 1. After that we should have enough HoME figures that it wouldn't be an issue.
Old June 24th, 2020, 07:48 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I would prefer the 12 test threshold be mostly focused on non HoME figures. I had forgotten about that distinction, which is important.

Maybe we could split the difference and say at least 8-10 with non-HoME figures.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 24th, 2020, 08:01 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm perfectly fine with that. I like testing a lot, when I'm not out of town on work I can usually play a game or two every other day. Shouldn't take long to get some data built up.
Old June 24th, 2020, 09:15 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just my thinking, but 12 is too many, 5 would be good 10 max, especially to avoid a Gandalf scenario, unless something really needs some reworking.
Also if these tests are to gauge a fair point value, playtesting the initial wave of figures should be exclusively done against Hasbroscape, with the exception of running stuff designed to work together through bonding/etc. Once we have some solid releases, I think it'd be fine to use HoME figure armies.
Old June 24th, 2020, 09:34 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

12 is certainly not "too many"

--
--
--

--
Old June 24th, 2020, 10:39 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

From our discussion in Fellowship A, we think it would be beneficial to have a 72-hour window after we're done with the revision of the card for playtesting to gather feedback from all members of HoME.

Our first card, "Orc Deep Drummer", is ready for this stage. Here's the thread:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=57517

You won't need to read through the whole thread, just look at the first post, which contains our current version, and post any comments you have in that thread. We'll wait 72 hours (through Saturday night) for any comments ya'll have, then spend some time considering the feedback before possibly making alterations and then proceeding to playtesting.

We welcome any thoughts on the card, no matter how big or small.
Old June 24th, 2020, 11:03 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I will literally do 5 tests on each figure we can get to 12 easily I'm sure.
Old June 25th, 2020, 02:29 PM

We are ready for y'all to "review" the Cave Troll of Moria also. You can just comment on what's in the OP; there is no expectation that you read the thread. We'll close the thread to outsiders again sometime this weekend.

--
--
--

--
Old July 1st, 2020, 11:12 AM

I think we are well past our review timeline. Correct? Does that put us in playtesting?

I'll get our other fellowship threads up a little later today.
Old July 3rd, 2020, 06:15 PM

Unless we got feedback that would want us to tweak something then yes, Fellowship A has a few cards ready for playtesting.

Sorry for my absence. I went back to work this week after a couple weeks off and I am still getting in to the swing of things.

I will swing by through all the threads sometime this weekend.

--
--
--

--
Old July 3rd, 2020, 06:42 PM

I created a "Welcome Mat" thread: Hobbiton.

--
--
--

--
Old July 4th, 2020, 08:38 AM

MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby!

See it, very nice!

Currently Working with the Explores of Valhalla Team.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs