Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Notices

Old August 16th, 2006, 12:21 PM

djsmith has disabled reputation
Wallyworld's stocking mystery is solved...

I had quite a long conversation with one of my local wallyworld managers yesterday, and she told me something very interesting.

The reason why some stores have the new stuff on the shelves and others don't is not due to location at all. Corporate headquarters gives the store a certain amount of time to rearrange their shelves during this particular time of year. Once the store is done with a department's shelves (i.e. the toy department), then the store manager has to approve and sign off on it. Once that takes place, then the new product (i.e. HS Castles) ships from a distribution center, and not before. It's all tied to when that manager signs off on the rearranging. Then it's just a matter of the shipping time to get from distribution to store.

I haven’t seen anywhere that this was already known, so I thought I would let everyone know. I apologize if I repeated anyone.
Old August 16th, 2006, 12:26 PM

Vette71 has disabled reputation
Re: Wallyworld's stocking mystery is solved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsmith
I had quite a long conversation with one of my local wallyworld managers yesterday, and she told me something very interesting.

The reason why some stores have the new stuff on the shelves and others don't is not due to location at all. Corporate headquarters gives the store a certain amount of time to rearrange their shelves during this particular time of year. Once the store is done with a department's shelves (i.e. the toy department), then the store manager has to approve and sign off on it. Once that takes place, then the new product (i.e. HS Catles) ships from a distribution center, and not before. It's all tied to when that manager signs off on the rearranging. Then it's just a matter of the shipping time to get from distribution to store.

I haven’t seen anywhere that this was already known, so I thought I would let everyone know. I apologize if I repeated anyone.
So theoretically, I could organize a small commando raid on the local distribution center just up the road and escape with all the castles I want!
Old August 16th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!
But you would have to deal with the horde of Wal*Mart Greeters they keep as security.

You would never escape alive.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old August 16th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Lee
But you would have to deal with the horde of Wal*Mart Greeters they keep as security.

Buddy Lee
Yes extremely old men are like zombies and the chineese. Their power lies in sheer numbers.
Old August 16th, 2006, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Lee

Buddy Lee
CURSE YOU WAL MART!
Old August 16th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Most Wanted

HyperactiveSloth is surprisingly tart
Yeah, I knew this, but only because I used to work at Wal-Mart. If you want a little further info, you can recognize when the toy isles are going to be "rearranged" soon because they'll hang these sheets of paper every 4-8ft on the middle shelf of the isle that has a diagram of the new shelf slots. Find the one that has a square labeled Heroscape and look at what slots are going in next to it. If it just has one big one for MS and a small one next ot it saying something like "expansion asst", then prepare to be screwed. If instead they have individual slots for different sets e.g. Fortress OR the "asst" slot is at least 18-24 inches wide (you can tell by looking carefully at the diagram) then prepare to be delighted!

If you're really impatient, you can find out who is on the "modular crew" for that store and try to sweet-talk/bribe them into finishing the board game isle/toy deparment first.

At 24 hour stores you can go in during the middle of the night and find the isle that's being ripped down and rebuilt and just ask the people doing it what to expect (they're the modular crew).

...MASQUERADE Registration Now Underway... (Click for Details)

[Don't have "permission"? ...Click Here to give yourself access...]
Old August 16th, 2006, 01:11 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
During our travel to GenCon: Rÿchean, Imax, and I passed by the main WalMart HQ in Bentonville, AR, twice. I told them that we should do a commando-style raid on the facility to liberate the Castles and Wave 5s. However, when they started "debriefing" themselves, I said, "WTF?"

Then they both replied, "Isn't that what you meant by 'going in, commando-style'?"

At that point I realized that it was a failed endeavor and told Ry to just keep on driving to Indy and put his underwear back on.

True story. Mostly.
Old August 16th, 2006, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
During our travel to GenCon: Rÿchean, Imax, and I passed by the main WalMart HQ in Bentonville, AR, twice. I told them that we should do a commando-style raid on the facility to liberate the Castles and Wave 5s. However, when they started "debriefing" themselves, I said, "WTF?"

Then they both replied, "Isn't that what you meant by 'going in, commando-style'?"

At that point I realized that it was a failed endeavor and told Ry to just keep on driving to Indy and put his underwear back on.

True story. Mostly.
Old August 16th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc

True story. Mostly.
After meeting you guys, this story doesn't surprise me at all.

Newb.
Old August 16th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Most Wanted

HyperactiveSloth is surprisingly tart
Oh CRAP!

I just visited my local Wal-Mart (the nearest one anyway) and saw exactly what I was talking about! Unfortunately, their new stocking modular is exactly what I described under "prepare to be screwed".

*sigh*

Oh well, on to the next store. That's a good thing about living in a major city. There are a dozen other Wal-Marts, and about a half dozen Targets and TRUs within easy driving distance. Should find them eventually.

On a related note, the nearest Target to me I found out already stocked a shipment of Wave 5 AND Castles, but sold them out in a day-and-a-half. I've got a line on a TRU nearby that is expecting them, but they haven't arrived yet. I'll be checking that out regularly.

...MASQUERADE Registration Now Underway... (Click for Details)

[Don't have "permission"? ...Click Here to give yourself access...]
Old August 16th, 2006, 03:50 PM

bushi96 has disabled reputation
According to this, I am screwed too.

"I'm not a vegetarian, but I eat animals who are"
~G. Marx~
Old August 16th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
Ah, last week I zipped through a Walmart that had lots of those sheets up in the toy section, but didn't give it a second thought.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales