Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old December 6th, 2017, 01:51 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Glyphs - Which ones do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post

Range(changed to +1)
You'd probably be interested in the C3V Glyph of Lorja Ivor, which does exactly that. It's admittedly just a weaker version of Ivor, but still worth a look.
Yeah, we actually based it off that since we recognized how overpowered the +4 was especially since on our multiplayer maps its even more broken, we just never changed the glyph itself. I've been meaning to though.
Alright, I just wanted to make sure that you knew about it!

I still need to get around to making those C3V glyphs to liven up my options for matches, come to think of it...
Old December 6th, 2017, 03:04 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is Range +1 even worth it? I admit Range +4 is far too strong, but it feels like Range +2 would have been a better balance. Ranged squads do tend to be the biggest factor in overpowering glyphs, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the C3V settled on Range +1.
Old December 6th, 2017, 03:07 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

I use both Range +1 and +2 (not at the same time!) and think they're both in the reasonable zone. Usually worth grabbing but not overpowered.

Edit. The other C3V one I use pretty regularly is Disengage. Can be quite powerful for some army/opposing army combinations though.
Old December 6th, 2017, 10:32 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Outside of tournaments I think I've used glyphs like... 3 times? And one of those times were with crazy house rules where they were more-or-less treasure glyphs (sans traps) that gave 4 space auras of the glyph's normal effect around the Hero that had it (like the defense +2 glyph would turn that Hero into Raelin basically).

I've never had a big problem with any of the ones I've seen in the online tourneys. There are a bunch of stupid ones that should never show up though, like the dumbass insta-kill or insta-revive glyphs that just turn the game into a skill-less dice off.

We might have used a version of treasure glyphs that had the dumbass dungeon crawl crap removed (I reaaally hate the whole dungeon crawl concept). Like seriously, the trap stuff should have just been a scenario rule, not something semi-baked into the glyph rules.

Honestly, my biggest issue with glyphs though is probably just that they look stupid. Too 'boardgamey'' for me when they're just a chip with a sticker.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 7th, 2017, 01:11 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm surprised how many people rarely or never use glyphs. I've always really enjoyed them for providing points of interest on the battlefield (just dislike when they are overpowered). Height is often a sufficient focal point, but glyphs also add an element of variety to the map and another layer of decisions.

Does it make it feel more gamey? Perhaps. But it is indeed a game. Order markers make it feel more gamey than glyphs do but I would never play without those (unless maybe teaching kids).

Any thoughts on Treasure Glyphs? I prefer Treasure Glyphs in general as emphasizing the use of Heroes. Any thoughts on which ones are balanced? Any typical TG pool that tournaments use?
Old December 7th, 2017, 04:25 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
Does it make it feel more gamey? Perhaps. But it is indeed a game. Order markers make it feel more gamey than glyphs do but I would never play without those (unless maybe teaching kids).
Honestly, it doesn't make it feel 'gamey' to me. I always look at the official Heroscape permanent glyphs as Valhallan artifacts bound with a powerful magic, and the Treasure Glyphs and C3G glyphs are always clear in what they represent.

Haven't played with Glyphs in a while, though... I miss them a bit, honestly.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 7th, 2017, 05:07 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

"We miss you too L_O." ~ Lonely Glyphs
Old December 14th, 2017, 10:45 AM

Bump. Still curious about Treasure Glyphs. Is the general opinion that they are pretty well balanced or are there some that should be removed from a common pool? Which ones do tournaments use?
Old December 14th, 2017, 12:17 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
Bump. Still curious about Treasure Glyphs. Is the general opinion that they are pretty well balanced or are there some that should be removed from a common pool? Which ones do tournaments use?
No clue.

Maybe remove the situational ones (+2 attack vs undead, for example?). The Master Set ones are all pretty balanced.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 15th, 2017, 10:56 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I generally don't use them, but am working up new rules for using both the original purple glyphs and the gold treasure glyphs in the same game. For these rules, see The New York City Gang of Four thread in this General Discussion section.
Old December 16th, 2017, 10:34 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Treasure glyphs can be less balanced, imo, because they only impact one figure, and because they are always random. This ensures that nobody sells out to get the glyph because they know it will benefit their army. It just adds more risk into the decision than "I'm stepping on Crevcor, and my commons will stomp you".

I like Atk +1, Def +1, Healer, Giant Slayer, and Disengage off the top of my head. I also think the C3V glyph of Searing Intensity is a good T-glyph.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion