Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Old December 30th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: More Marvel Heroscape? When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogusoid View Post
I thought Marvelscape was a lot of fun even on its own, but it needs those new figures to remain interesting; and of course they need some new terrain. I just don't understand why they gave up on it so quickly, I imagined it a strong shoulder for former Heroclix players to lean on.

I assume the real issue is more with playstyle integration. It's really hard to draft a regular war party where one hero can cost as much as 370 points. The Hulk is a one-man army!
There will be more figures and rules coming but not from WOTC. C3G has a DC Master Set that will hopefully be released by the end of January with figures like Batman, Superman, Darkseid and Joker, just to name a few. Speaking of Heroclix, the figures used for this set are Heroclix that are re-based to similar bases as Marvel Heroes. Also, C3G is also in the early stages of an X-Men Master Set. So hopefully those who enjoyed the Marvel set, can be rewarded for their patience with new figures to use in the not too distant future.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 30th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I thought Marvelscape was a lot of fun even on its own, but it needs those new figures to remain interesting; and of course they need some new terrain. I just don't understand why they gave up on it so quickly, I imagined it a strong shoulder for former Heroclix players to lean on.

Frankly, I find Marvel characters easier to integrate into classic HS than the D&D characters - is the D&D set actually canon to the story? This set has humans, elves, dwarves, trolls, and dragons coming from a planet that isn't Earth, Feylund, or Icaria, and that just messes up all kinds of continuity. At least the Marvel universe has humans from Earth and so on. Not to mention the figures just look more like D&D miniatures slapped onto Heroscape bases. Even the dwarf is a Medium 4, as opposed to Feylund's Small 3 dwarves.

I assume the real issue is more with playstyle integration. It's really hard to draft a regular war party where one hero can cost as much as 370 points. The Hulk is a one-man army!
How does summoning from a new planet mess with the story? Yes, D&D is cannon, it is part of the ongoing story line. The Valkyrie Generals have discoved an 'underdark' on Valhalla and so have summoned warriors who are familiar with that type of enviornment. It is the Battle of All Time, not the battle of sometime but only on the already used worlds.
Old December 30th, 2009, 06:58 PM

Bogusoid is surprisingly tart

DC and X-Men Heroscape, you say? Bring it on! Forgive me, but what is C3G? The abbreviation does not ring a bell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
How does summoning from a new planet mess with the story? Yes, D&D is cannon, it is part of the ongoing story line. The Valkyrie Generals have discoved an 'underdark' on Valhalla and so have summoned warriors who are familiar with that type of enviornment. It is the Battle of All Time, not the battle of sometime but only on the already used worlds.
All I'm saying is that Heroscape is its own universe (so technically Marvel and DC shouldn't really go in it, but it works better than others). If humans come from Earth in this continuity, why would they also come from the D&D planet? It's virtually impossible that two entirely identical species would develop on two completely different worlds. I figure the traditional fantasy worlds like Middle Earth take place in just that, a fantasy, where Earth as we know it does not exist.

Don't get me wrong, I like D&D and this new Master Set looks great with the dungeon crawl and everything. I just have trouble accepting that it's canon to story of Valhalla when it's taking another licensed universe with its own perception of the universe that clashes with the Heroscape universe.

But really, I guess I shouldn't over-think a game that is awesome enough to let you pit Batman and Spider-Man against a bunch of alien robots and dragons.
Old December 30th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
All I'm saying is that Heroscape is its own universe (so technically Marvel and DC shouldn't really go in it, but it works better than others). If humans come from Earth in this continuity, why would they also come from the D&D planet? It's virtually impossible that two entirely identical species would develop on two completely different worlds. I figure the traditional fantasy worlds like Middle Earth take place in just that, a fantasy, where Earth as we know it does not exist.
Nothing's imposable with magic.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old December 30th, 2009, 07:43 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
DC and X-Men Heroscape, you say? Bring it on! Forgive me, but what is C3G? The abbreviation does not ring a bell.
C3G stands for "Comic Custom Creators Guild." We're a community-driven project focused on producing unofficial, but playtested and balanced customs to expand your superhero games. You can find all our work, completed and in progress, in the C3G subsection of the Comic Customs section of the forum. Once we start releasing our finished products, please try them out while you wait for more Marvel Heroscape (when?).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 4th, 2010, 07:36 PM

Bogusoid is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
C3G stands for "Comic Custom Creators Guild." We're a community-driven project focused on producing unofficial, but playtested and balanced customs to expand your superhero games. You can find all our work, completed and in progress, in the C3G subsection of the Comic Customs section of the forum. Once we start releasing our finished products, please try them out while you wait for more Marvel Heroscape (when?).
Oh snap, I thought it was an official set coming out. Ah well, sounds like you guys put a lot of work into this - I look forward to seeing it.
Old January 7th, 2010, 01:44 AM

Ivellius knows what's in an order marker Ivellius knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I figure the traditional fantasy worlds like Middle Earth take place in just that, a fantasy, where Earth as we know it does not exist.
Not to be too picky, but Middle-earth is actually the idealized past of this world. I'm not entirely sure how proud Tolkien was of this concept. It's somewhat muted, but there's evidence that reveals that, as written, The Lord of the Rings is meant to take place in the ancient past. No, it doesn't entirely make sense.

I would like to applaud the C3G in their efforts to continue the "superhero" genre, even though I doubt I'll ever track down figures with which to use their new stuff. I hate that the writing on the wall is there for this line, but I suppose abandoning all hope is for the best, now.
Old January 7th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Heroclix aren't too hard to find at all, but I would encourage you to give the cards a try even if it's just with proxies.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 7th, 2010, 09:25 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Is there a prize for The Thread That Most Refuses to Die? We should get one!
Old January 7th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Some things are their own reward.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 7th, 2010, 05:46 PM

Bladethorne is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Thumbs down Re: More Marvel Heroscape? When?

Nevermind.

Yeah let's all just jump onto a newbie and neg-rep him for not liking Marvel.

My sig would like to say that it is a sig. Let's all wave hi to the sig.
Can't find what your looking for? Try the Index.

Last edited by Bladethorne; January 9th, 2010 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Ugh...
Old January 9th, 2010, 11:33 AM

Jdet is surprisingly tart

I just read on the wikipedia article about heroscape that WOTC are planning on releasing Marvel Wave 1 some time in 2010. Is there any truth in that?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News