Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old June 28th, 2016, 04:12 PM

TheGlassBee is surprisingly tart
My Gf's birthday present was a great success!

Here's an imgur album of the fun: http://imgur.com/a/sXzGI

Huge thanks to OrcElfArmyOne, arp12, and SpriteMichaeler for all of the figures and terrain that made for such an epic gift! Neither of us had ever played before, and I think it is easily one of our favorites. I just can't seem to shake the need to keep playing again and again haha!

Seriously huge thanks to you guys! Now to finish acquiring materials so I can follow Grishnakh's guide to flocking my terrain =D
Old June 28th, 2016, 05:40 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!
Re: My Gf's birthday present was a great success!

That was a huge map for a first game!! Congratulations on the success.

pd: I hope you wrote a contract in case you split (joking). I have my HS secured just in case :P (not joking)
Old June 28th, 2016, 05:58 PM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker

Awesome dude the best birthday present for somone else is the one that is also youre birthday present.
Old June 28th, 2016, 08:34 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlassBee View Post
Here's an imgur album of the fun: http://imgur.com/a/sXzGI

Huge thanks to OrcElfArmyOne, arp12, and SpriteMichaeler for all of the figures and terrain that made for such an epic gift! Neither of us had ever played before, and I think it is easily one of our favorites. I just can't seem to shake the need to keep playing again and again haha!

Seriously huge thanks to you guys! Now to finish acquiring materials so I can follow Grishnakh's guide to flocking my terrain =D
That's awesome, glad it all worked out! And flocking terrain is time consuming but absolutely worth it in the long run, Grish's tutorial is absolutely fantastic.
Old June 28th, 2016, 10:16 PM

TheGlassBee is surprisingly tart

Orc, have you flocked your hexes too? What are your experiences? Any tips or tricks? How is it holding up over time? Does the Dullcote varnish he recommends last?
Old June 29th, 2016, 01:58 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I just can't seem to shake the need to keep playing again and again haha!
That is the beautiful curse of Heroscape...once you start, you're hooked and you never stop There is always a continual urge to play over an over.

and by the way, Great map for a first time!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 29th, 2016, 10:59 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Orc, have you flocked your hexes too? What are your experiences? Any tips or tricks? How is it holding up over time? Does the Dullcote varnish he recommends last?
I have flocked (I could be mistaken though) 2 RotV, 1 SotM, 3 RttFF, and 1 FotA. Basically, just put the flock in the gallon bags like Grish suggests and follow what he says. I don't remember what finish I used but what he suggests will absolutely work, along with most other spray finishes. @Grishnakh can, of course, tell you more about it.
Old June 29th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the addiction, er, hobby!

I have a few flocked sets. But I also am fortunate enough to have additional sets that I did not flock. We use the un-flocked sets for casual play and tournaments. The flocked sets are somewhat reserved for special events, or when we use it during our RPG games (using a different system).

As for holding up, well, the flocking is doing just fine. It's the age of the tiles that seems to be making the plastic brittle. Done right and the flocking doesn't come up. However, I have broken a couple of tiles of late. Not much I can do about that. Good luck if you decide to do it. It does take a while for sure but the results look pretty good if you ask me!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports