Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old July 18th, 2018, 02:13 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: IAmBatman's Design Workshop

This is where I'm at.

HE-MAN
ADAM

ETERNIAN
UNIQUE HERO
CHAMPION
HONORABLE
MEDIUM 5

6 LIFE
MOVE 6
RANGE 1
ATTACK 5
DEFENSE 6

POWER OF GRAYSKULL
Start the game with the Power Sword equipment glyph on this card. He-Man cannot lose this Glyph from receiving wounds unless he receives at least two wounds.

POWER PUNCH
Before rolling dice for He-Man’s normal attack, you may remove any number of unrevealed Order Markers from this card and add that number of dice to your roll. After an opponent rolls defense dice against He-Man's normal attack, if the defending figure is adjacent to He-Man, you may Knockback the defending figure by placing it on an empty space up to X spaces from its current position. X is equal to the number of skulls rolled in the attack. A figure moved by this special power never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A figure moved by this special power can receive any falling damage that may apply.

HEROIC DUTY
If a friendly figure without this special power that is within 3 spaces of He-Man would roll defense dice against a normal, non-adjacent attack, instead He-Man must move adjacent to the figure if he is able to. He-Man must roll defense and take any resulting wounds from the attack instead of the friendly figure. When He-Man uses Heroic Duty, he will take all leaving engagement attacks.

POWER SWORD
EQUIPMENT GLYPH
Add 2 dice to your attack against adjacent figures. If the figure equipped with the Power Sword has the Honorable Personality, when they defend against a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure all excess shields count as unblockable wounds on the attacking figure.

SKELETOR
KELDOR

ETERNIAN
UNIQUE HERO
SORCEROR
ENVIOUS
MEDIUM 5

5 LIFE
MOVE 5
RANGE 5
ATTACK 4
DEFENSE 5

MYSTERIOUS ITEM OF POWER
At the start of the game, place a Glyph of Object of Power, a Glyph of Havoc Staff, and a Glyph of Spellstone symbol-side up into a Glyph Pool, choose one Glyph from the pool at random, without looking at it, and place the chosen Glyph symbol-side up on this card. Set the other Glyphs aside. After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, instead of moving, if Skeletor is unengaged, you may roll one combat die. If you roll a blank or a shield, immediately end your turn. If you roll a skull, flip any symbol-side up Glyph on this card power-side up. Skeletor can equip an Equipment Glyph this way even if there is another Equipment Glyph on this card, up to a maximum of 2.

POWER OBSESSED
When Skeletor is equipped with one or more glyphs, add 2 dice to Skeletor’s Attack and subtract 2 dice from his Defense.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Skeletor is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Skeletor can take for this attack is one.

HAVOC STAFF
EQUIPMENT GLYPH
MYSTIC TELEPORATION
Instead of attacking with this figure, you may choose up to two figures you control within 2 clear sight spaces of this figure and place this figure on any unoccupied space within 10 spaces. After placing this figure, place the chosen figures adjacent to this figure. Figures moved by this Glyph will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

THE SPELLSTONE
EQUIPMENT GLYPH
SPELLBINDING
Instead of attacking with Skeletor, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, take temporary control of that hero and immediately take a turn with the chosen Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to the player who controlled the Hero before the Mind Exchange. All Order Markers that were on the chosen Hero's card will stay on the card.

OBJECT OF POWER GLYPH
PERMANENT GLYPH
The rules for this Glyph vary, depending on the Game Scenario.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 18th, 2018, 02:59 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I personally would keep life at 6. Other than that, looks great!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 18th, 2018, 03:09 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

On Heroic Duty:

Normally I consider this basically a negative power compared to all the better defense powers out there. The Power Sword changes the game quite a bit though, as it turns He-Man into something pretty close to pre-fix Jocasta in certain cases. Probably nothing broken though.

On Skeletor:

Is Skeletor supposed to get his Power Obsessed bonus when the Object of Power glyph is power-side up? Cause it doesn't read that way to me at the moment. He's not really equipped with it given it's not an equipment glyph right?

I feel like he should have some kind of 'no dropping/passing' type clause somewhere. Thematically he doesn't seem the type to give away his toys and it will help with balance and future proofing.

The Object of Power bit feels like it will basically only do something when that something is ruin a scenario, but that's out of my jurisdiction I guess (and I certainly don't care what happens to scenario play personally). I'm wondering how he'll shake out in normal play, my guess is he'll just be too fiddly to bother with but Apocalypse will like the new glyph options.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 18th, 2018, 03:09 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I personally would keep life at 6. Other than that, looks great!
It's something that can be adjusted during testing.

Old July 18th, 2018, 04:16 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
If Skeletor is wounded does he lose all the glyphs on his card including the face down ones?
I would argue that the facedown glyph is not equipped.

Quote:
Actually now that I think about it, that alone may be enough to balance out the magic items he starts with as he will lose them easily.
Where does Object of Power go if he loses it, or would he not because it is not an EQ Glyph?
He would not, because it's not an EQ Glyph.

Quote:
Also since OoP is not an EQ Glyph, it will stand out among the EQ Glyphs?
Or are those placed on Glyphs that are the same color as Permanent Glyphs?
Was just thinking that Treasure Glyphs are a different color not sure if there is an official color for EQ Glyphs.
That's a good point. Can art folks weigh in on this? I'm honestly not sure. We could always make these Equipment Glyphs with the same backings as the Object of Power to help with that. Or I could mix it up to make the random thing work differently somehow (D20?).

As far as Skeletor losing glyphs...Well when they are on his card and face down how do we know if it's one of the EQ Glyphs or the Permanent one.

As to the last question...has there ever been an official C3G stance...Personally I use all of the RotV blanks for all my Glyphs...including reprinting the Mysterious Item and Object of Power stickers. Mainly because there is no way I'd find enough of the Yellow ones to do anything. The Maroon ones are fairly easy to come by and I typically get a few extras thrown in to trades from people since I take the ones with damaged stickers and reuse them anyways...FYI, after pealing off the old sticker use some salt and a touch of olive oil to get rid of all residue. A quick bath and a dry and then your new stickers will stick just like original. I've sent out a lot using this methods and everyone seems happy.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 18th, 2018, 04:21 PM

I'd be fine with making it our official stance to use all the same backs. If folks want to randomize while using the official glyph, they could always just do a blind draw. Sure they'd know once it was placed, but that's not a big deal.

Last edited by IAmBatman; July 18th, 2018 at 09:28 PM.
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:27 PM

Missed this post in my rush to catch up earlier. Reviewing and responding now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
On Heroic Duty:

Normally I consider this basically a negative power compared to all the better defense powers out there. The Power Sword changes the game quite a bit though, as it turns He-Man into something pretty close to pre-fix Jocasta in certain cases. Probably nothing broken though.
Is the vulnerability to special attacks and adjacent normal attacks and wounding powers enough to get around that, though? Do you think it's enough of a concern that making it easier for him to lose the sword (i.e. dropping the two wound requirement) would make sense?

Quote:
On Skeletor:

Is Skeletor supposed to get his Power Obsessed bonus when the Object of Power glyph is power-side up? Cause it doesn't read that way to me at the moment. He's not really equipped with it given it's not an equipment glyph right?
Yes. Good catch. I'll review the wording there.

Quote:
I feel like he should have some kind of 'no dropping/passing' type clause somewhere. Thematically he doesn't seem the type to give away his toys and it will help with balance and future proofing.
Good call here also. I'll look into it. Any current powers with language like that spring to mind to anyone? If not, I'll go diving.

Quote:
The Object of Power bit feels like it will basically only do something when that something is ruin a scenario, but that's out of my jurisdiction I guess (and I certainly don't care what happens to scenario play personally). I'm wondering how he'll shake out in normal play, my guess is he'll just be too fiddly to bother with but Apocalypse will like the new glyph options.
Do any current scenarios use an object of power? If they do, it'd be one that starts on the map, and I think it could easily be FAQ'd that each object of power is unique and the one Skeletor starts with isn't the same thing as the one on the map. But it does open up for if anyone wants to create a scenario for Masters of the Universe and let him basically use the Object of Power as a stand in for some MacGuffin or other. The basic idea was to just give a generic thematic coverall option for his mystical artifact of the week, though, while giving him a bonus that he can't lose as easily as with the others.

As for Apoc and the glyph options, I don't think he'll care any about the Havoc Staff, as it's just a weaker Space Gem. But I could see him being interested in the Spellstone. The instead of attacking should reel it in, though, and if 15+ proves too powerful, we can tweak it.

Old July 18th, 2018, 09:31 PM

Update (also considering dropping He-Man's defense to 5 to help with any pod concerns. Thoughts?):

HE-MAN
ADAM

ETERNIAN
UNIQUE HERO
CHAMPION
HONORABLE
MEDIUM 5

6 LIFE
MOVE 6
RANGE 1
ATTACK 5
DEFENSE 6

POWER OF GRAYSKULL
Start the game with the Power Sword equipment glyph on this card. He-Man cannot lose this Glyph from receiving wounds unless he receives at least two wounds.

POWER PUNCH
Before rolling dice for He-Man’s normal attack, you may remove any number of unrevealed Order Markers from this card and add that number of dice to your roll. After an opponent rolls defense dice against He-Man's normal attack, if the defending figure is adjacent to He-Man, you may Knockback the defending figure by placing it on an empty space up to X spaces from its current position. X is equal to the number of skulls rolled in the attack. A figure moved by this special power never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A figure moved by this special power can receive any falling damage that may apply.

HEROIC DUTY
If a friendly figure without this special power that is within 3 spaces of He-Man would roll defense dice against a normal, non-adjacent attack, instead He-Man must move adjacent to the figure if he is able to. He-Man must roll defense and take any resulting wounds from the attack instead of the friendly figure. When He-Man uses Heroic Duty, he will take all leaving engagement attacks.

POWER SWORD
EQUIPMENT GLYPH
Add 2 dice to your attack against adjacent figures. If the figure equipped with the Power Sword has the Honorable Personality, when they defend against a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure all excess shields count as unblockable wounds on the attacking figure.

SKELETOR
KELDOR

ETERNIAN
UNIQUE HERO
SORCEROR
ENVIOUS
MEDIUM 5

5 LIFE
MOVE 5
RANGE 5
ATTACK 4
DEFENSE 5

MYSTERIOUS ITEM OF POWER
At the start of the game, place a Glyph of Object of Power, a Glyph of Havoc Staff, and a Glyph of Spellstone symbol-side up into a Glyph Pool, choose one Glyph from the pool at random, without looking at it, and place the chosen Glyph symbol-side up on this card. Set the other Glyphs aside. After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, instead of moving, if Skeletor is unengaged, you may roll one combat die. If you roll a blank or a shield, immediately end your turn. If you roll a skull, flip any symbol-side up Glyph on this card power-side up. Skeletor can equip an Equipment Glyph this way even if there is another Equipment Glyph on this card, up to a maximum of 2.

POWER OBSESSED
When one or more glyphs are power-side up on this card, add 2 dice to Skeletor’s Attack and subtract 2 dice from his Defense. Skeletor cannot drop or pass glyphs.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Skeletor is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Skeletor can take for this attack is one.

HAVOC STAFF
EQUIPMENT GLYPH
MYSTIC TELEPORATION
Instead of attacking with this figure, you may choose up to two figures you control within 2 clear sight spaces of this figure and place this figure on any unoccupied space within 10 spaces. After placing this figure, place the chosen figures adjacent to this figure. Figures moved by this Glyph will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

THE SPELLSTONE
EQUIPMENT GLYPH
SPELLBINDING
Instead of attacking with Skeletor, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, take temporary control of that hero and immediately take a turn with the chosen Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to the player who controlled the Hero before the Mind Exchange. All Order Markers that were on the chosen Hero's card will stay on the card.

OBJECT OF POWER GLYPH
PERMANENT GLYPH
The rules for this Glyph vary, depending on the Game Scenario.[/QUOTE]

Found the glyph language I wanted on Larfleeze (All Mine!). I'd forgotten about that one. Super shout out to @SirGalahad btw, as I've been using his awesome index all day.

Old July 18th, 2018, 09:32 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'd look at Larfleeze for glyph-hoarding stuff.

EDIT:
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'd look at Larfleeze for glyph-hoarding stuff.
Just beat you to the punch. (I know, I have a bad habit of asking questions in one post and then answering them for myself and posting again right away .... I blame a restless soul).

Old July 18th, 2018, 10:14 PM

I'm going to give T-Spinny until tomorrow for any last "freeze power" ideas, but any thoughts on which one y'all want to see in the last chance thread first? He-Man is seeming like the more straightforward of the two (though possible competitive issues with the Heroic Duty/Power Sword combo).

Old July 18th, 2018, 10:18 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think it makes sense to tackle He-Man first. Skeletor's the less straightforward, more ambitious one and I think he might benefit from more time in workshopping.

Also, and this is a more minor point, since He-Man is sort of the center of his world, it makes more sense to me to have him set first. Gives you the option to 'tune' Skeletor to He-Man in testing if they don't quite stack up right. I like that better than having to potentially adjust He-Man to suit Skeletor.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy