Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 19th, 2018, 08:28 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Metamorpho - Breathing Period

I'm the one who suggested the current water power if I remember. I always interpreted One Shield Defense off of the Warriors of Ashra as being really good at dodging, since it's the melee version of Stealth Dodge off of the "obviously this is a Matrix reference" Krav Maga Agents. So that clicked with Bruce Lee's "be like water" philosophy of martial arts, which... well, Metamorpho is obviously very good at being like water.

That was my train of thought on it, at least.
Old September 19th, 2018, 09:10 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun

I agree. I don't think that the current liquid power is anti-liquid in feeling. I'm open to another idea, though. He could heal a wound if there are excess shields, or have some sort of tunnel ability on defense a la Submerge, or have a weaker stealth dodge type of thing against range as well. Food for thought.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 19th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

OK, so that's two who are cool with the current version. No consensus on an alternative.
@Yodaking @Ronin @japes where are you at on this debate? I'm open to moving off the current version, but I'm not going to do it just to do it if the general consensus is satisfaction with where we are.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 19th, 2018, 12:28 PM
A Sock (So, obviously, not a cat)

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun

I feel like water could maybe use one other minor bonus or something to give it some flare. Solid will be great for a big bruiser, Gas will be good for movement and such, but Liquid feels like the odd one out currently as why not be Solid for power and survival? Would the different forms maybe see more use if it were before taking a turn rather than before the round so you can adjust more on the fly as needed?

Old September 19th, 2018, 12:31 PM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm with Arkham about it needing a tiny bit more of a flare. Maybe:

If there are two Shapeshift Markers on this card, before rolling defence dice for Metamorpho, roll a single combat die. If you roll a shield, ignore the attack. If you roll a blank, ignore the attack and remove a wound marker from this card.

My Family's Classic Customs
- Foolish Filler
=====================
Old September 19th, 2018, 12:40 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
OK, so that's two who are cool with the current version. No consensus on an alternative.
@Yodaking @Ronin @japes where are you at on this debate? I'm open to moving off the current version, but I'm not going to do it just to do it if the general consensus is satisfaction with where we are.
I'm not to worried about what the power is as long as there is a reason to have 2 markers on his card. Otherwise it's a toggle of 4 or 0 pretty much all the time.

Right now the extreme ends are nice. In Solid Form he's a slow bruising Melee Tank with SS. In Gaseous Form he's an invisible flying blaster. Liquid form needs a reason to be chosen that falls somewhere in there. Right now stats wise he's pretty tough at 2 markers so the 2 shields thing may turn out stronger than we think. On Height or with range he'd be rolling 6 defense and that averages 2 shields. What about allowing multiple targets in liquid form. Sort of a tidal wave sort of thing.

Solid - 3/1/7/7 - SS, Terrain protection
Liquid - 5/3/5/5 -
Gas - 7/5/3/3 - Flying, Range Protection

Spitballing...

LIQUID FORM
If there are two Shapeshift Markers on this card, when choosing a figure to attack with his normal attack, any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected.

EDIT: Wow it took me a long time to type all that...I was double ninja'd there.

Quote:
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old September 19th, 2018, 01:25 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I can see why people would like to see a little more something from liquid form, it is currently the most plain version even though 2 auto-shields might be really good. Since you do have to pick the form at the start of the round, I see the liquid form being used quite a bit. Solid form will be great once he's engaged with an opponents figure, but since the move is 1 in that form, he'll have to switch out once that opponent is dead or fled. Gaseous form is just too fragile at 3 defense to really want to stay in for an entire round, so I'd only use it when I needed to fly and/or disengage. Otherwise I'm looking for allies that can move him while he's in his other two forms. Martian Manhunter types that can move a figure 4 spaces even if their move value is only 3 or 1.
Old September 19th, 2018, 01:47 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I plan to keep the Start of the Round restriction on it due to it being a reused power. I know that'll make him somewhat less effective, but if that means his cost goes down some, I'm OK with that. Ultimately I'm wanting him to be a part of a team, not a world-breaker by himself.

I agree with Yodaking (let me know if I'm misinterpreting you here) that the stat changes by themselves will probably give you plenty of reasons to park in Liquid Form. And I agree with japes that the two shields block all has definite utility.

There are some interesting suggestions here. Looking at the powers again, as reluctant as I am to pile on text, I'm thinking folks probably are wanting the powers themselves to be a bit more parallel in terms of complexity and that Liquid State could benefit from a secondary effect to make the theme "pop" more. I'm thinking of going back to the idea floated (pun) here earlier and building a Slither effect into it.

I'll put up a poll in a bit as to what mechanic we might combine that effect with. I have three or four different options I'd consider and I want to see where the prevailing tide is (pun).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 19th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

OK, here are all the reasonable options I was able to compile.

I added a slither effect to each option to make them more parallel with the Gas and Solid Forms.

A would otherwise keep it as it is. B adds a healing factor. C adds a double attack to represent him being able to move more fluidly in combat. D adds a wound limiter to represent him lacking vital targets. E just lets you be more tactical in-round with his shapeshifting, as it's a "fluid" state.

Please give me your favorite option and we'll go from there.

Quote:
A. If there are two Shapeshift Markers on this card, Metamorpho does not stop his movement when entering a water space, and when you roll defense dice for him against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, two shields will block all damage.

B. If there are two Shapeshift Markers on this card, Metamorpho does not stop his movement when entering a water space, and after taking a turn with him, remove 1 Wound Marker from this Army Card.

C. If there are two Shapeshift Markers on this card, Metamorpho does not stop his movement when entering a water space, and when he attacks, he may attack one additional time.

D. If there are two Shapeshift Markers on this card, Metamorpho does not stop his movement when entering a water space, and when he is attacked by an opponent’s figure, the most wounds he can take for this attack is one.

E. If there are two Shapeshift Markers on this card, Metamorpho does not stop his movement when entering a water space, and after taking a turn with him, you may place or remove any number of Shapeshift Markers on this card.

Old September 19th, 2018, 02:12 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun

b > d > a > c ~ e

Damn this website's new insistence on lowercase.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Public Exclusive 94 - Hellblazer)
Old September 19th, 2018, 02:20 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun

Thinking about it more and seeing these five options, I'd prefer C or E. Solid and Gaseous are both defensive forms, though Gaseous is more movement based as well. He currently has no offensive ability aside from the stat changes. It would be neat to see something offensive and C and E both accomplish that (E a little less but you can move in with Liquid and then become Solid for the next turn).

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 19th, 2018, 02:30 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Gut reaction is that as Geo is set now that ability to heal after taking turn might be too much since he can heal multiple times a round without an OM. But If you are locked into that state for the full round maybe it's not too bad. But then again Range 3 and 5 attack/5 Defense isn't a penalty for sticking in that form.

I'll have to think about this one a bit more.

Maybe we don't focus as much on boosts to his self here and we investigate an angle where in liquid form he's providing more benefit to his team. I can't think of anything off the top of my head but it's the thought that counts, right.

I'm trying to think of it strategically. For the most part I see Round 1 being gas state so you can fly off to get in the action and then switch to solid state pound on the enemy.

Quote:
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library