Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old January 14th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thanks for the pricing info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatespuppet
Regular old hot glue? The secret is out!
Low temp hot glue so that you don't melt the foam. I think every customizer should have a couple of hot glue guns. They are cheap and so quick to use!
As a parent, teacher, and casual customizer, I love glue guns!
Low temp? So your glue gun has variance settings or something?
Old January 14th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:
Quote:
Low temp hot glue so that you don't melt the foam. I think every customizer should have a couple of hot glue guns. They are cheap and so quick to use!
There are actually guns and associated glue that have a lower melting point. Look in any craft store and you should be able to find botha low temp gun and low temp glue sticks.
Old January 14th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:
Quote:
No they come in high and low temp models. The low temp ones are made for flower arranging as the low temp hot glue will not melt the foam used in flower decorating whatever. Mine cost me $5.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 14th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Ah, something new to learn everyday. And $5 is not a bad invest price.
Thanks Cav and GB.
Old January 14th, 2008, 07:46 PM

Fatespuppet has disabled reputation
It sounds like you could get a really good start on this for around $30, give or take.

$9 for the foam(a ton of it at the size mentioned )
$5 gluegun
$10 for material(glue stick, xacto, brush)
$5 for paint(brush on)

Add another $10 for more exacting brushes and smaller jars of various paint colors.

That's not a bad investment for some serious terrain making.

This is not the path I thought.
This is not the place I sought.
This is not the dream I bought,
just a fever of fate I've caught.
Old January 14th, 2008, 08:52 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
That looks ludicrously easy. I'm going to buy some stuff tonight and make some things.
A monkey could do it!
Heeeeeey!

Well yeah, OK, he's right.
Old January 14th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Here's a link to the spray paint that started this topic:

http://www.krylon.com/main/product_t...roduct_details

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old January 20th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Been working on some more room types. This one is almost finished, I think I just need to add details such as some slimy water in the fountain etc.. I am trying to add color to the rooms as I go.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old January 20th, 2008, 01:32 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
GB....will you adopt me?
Old January 20th, 2008, 01:35 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Nice work GBob! As good as I've seen anywhere. I may have to purchase some insulation foam today.
Old January 20th, 2008, 05:36 PM

KevHead has disabled reputation
The painting on the set-up and the figs it great!

I've been using the pink/blue foam for years in 1/6th and smaller scale buildings. The H2O paint has been out for some time and I've seen some really nice work done with it, including this great dungeon layout.

I've also used foil crumpled in a ball and then press it into the foam to give it a texture ( this is for those of you without access to rocks.

Hot foam cutters work on this too but take alittle more time because of the density.

A word of warning, low temp hot glue is great but whatever you do keep your goodies out of the hot car or sun!

I built half a 1/6 city for a huge dio shoot in the middle of July. Everything started to fall aprt becuase of the heat. Damm lucky I had a lot of pins.
Old January 20th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevHead
The painting on the set-up and the figs it great!

I've been using the pink/blue foam for years in 1/6th and smaller scale buildings. The H2O paint has been out for some time and I've seen some really nice work done with it, including this great dungeon layout.

I've also used foil crumpled in a ball and then press it into the foam to give it a texture ( this is for those of you without access to rocks.

Hot foam cutters work on this too but take alittle more time because of the density.

A word of warning, low temp hot glue is great but whatever you do keep your goodies out of the hot car or sun!

I built half a 1/6 city for a huge dio shoot in the middle of July. Everything started to fall aprt becuase of the heat. Damm lucky I had a lot of pins.
Wow! Good info. The foil trick sounds like a good one and thanks for the warning about the heat. I won't store these in the garage then!

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles