Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old August 26th, 2007, 05:02 PM

naps420 Woo who?
Marvel Maps & Scenarios

I've made my own marvel tile pieces and added them into VirtualScape to build my own marvel maps. I've also just recently bought a marvel set to actually start building real maps as well. I've been posting them into the normal Maps & Scenarios section but have noticed that I've gotten a couple messages from people that didn't know people have been adding marvel maps and scenarios into the normal area. Not sure if this has been brought up yet or discussed at all, but does anyone else feel their should be an actual Marvel Maps & Scenarios section? Just thought I would see what others thought about this idea.
Old August 26th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I don't see why Marvel maps need their own section. What purpose does it serve? Lots of people don't have castle sets or multiple master sets, or a full range of terrain packs, and they just sort through to find the ones they can build. No reason to treat Marvel any differently.
Old August 26th, 2007, 06:01 PM

naps420 Woo who?
Yeah, that was my feelings towards the idea as well. That is why I posted all my maps in my thread just like any other map. Was just surprised to hear from a few people who hadn't thought to look in there for any. I was just trying to see what other people thought about it.
Old August 26th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
I'd like to find a way to get more exposure for marvel maps and scenarios, but I'm not sue the best method.
Old August 29th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
I am for a Maps & Scenarios section for Marvel if only for the scenario aspect. If someone is looking for a scenario that has that comic book super hero feel they will know just where to look.
Old August 29th, 2007, 04:05 PM

webhead817 Woo who?
I would vote for a separate section for both maps and scenarios.

MARVEL AttackTix Battle Figure Game Game Developer
TRANSFORMERS Bot Shots Battle Game Game Designer
The Avengers Loki's Mercenaries
Old August 29th, 2007, 04:19 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
I am for a Maps & Scenarios section for Marvel if only for the scenario aspect. If someone is looking for a scenario that has that comic book super hero feel they will know just where to look.
That's sort of my feel on it. A separate Scenario section might really generate some good ideas for super hero scenarios. Especially with ideas that are more desired in the Super Hero setting, like destructable/throwable objects and yellow glyphs.
Old July 12th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Marvel Maps & Scenarios

Sorry to be a thread necro, but I had the idea of making a sub-forum in the Maps and Scenarios part. I recently bought the Marvel Set and am trying to find some good maps for it, so I think the subforum would help.
Old July 12th, 2008, 09:25 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Sorry to be a thread necro, but I had the idea of making a sub-forum in the Maps and Scenarios part. I recently bought the Marvel Set and am trying to find some good maps for it, so I think the subforum would help.

This is probably the best idea, as it would make marvel maps easier to find without cluttering up space on the forum index. I know how much of a pain it is to find the few marvel maps that are out there, as I was looking for them today, and only found 2 (I know there are more, I've seen them before, but I didn't see them this time), one of which required 2 marvel sets. So, yes I am for a separate section for Marvel Maps and Senarios.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old July 14th, 2008, 11:32 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I think a sub-forum For Marvel maps and scenarios would be would be good to at least make those types of things easier to find.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:24 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I cannot help with scenarios. However, all maps currently available in the Downloads section are included in my Map Database. The "Marvel" view lists 21 maps that incorporate the Marvel set, 5 of which can be built without a master set (a 6th, Hopscorch by Elstree, is not available).

Maps that use only the Marvel set are pretty scarce. A few examples were posted in this thread; reconstructing the maps from the images should not be too difficult.

I would rather not see a separate sub-forum for Marvel Maps and Scenarios (I also think the current Marvel forums should be combined with their classic Heroscape counterparts). Finding scenarios can be a challenge, but that is true even for classic Heroscape.

Last edited by GameBear; July 15th, 2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old July 15th, 2008, 12:40 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

In the "Media" section there are subsections for books, movies, and music. "Marvel Maps and Scenarios" can be a subsection for "Maps and Scenarios" section. Marvel maps should have exposure.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion