Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 30th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Non-definitive Handedness List

OK, here is a most non-definitive list of the “handedness” of the currently released HeroScape figures. There is always some ambiguity about this, of course, and some of the figures do appear to be ambidextrous. If a figure is holding a staff with one hand, freeing the other, I have usually placed that holding hand as the less dominate. If the figure is swinging, I’ve used the common baseball stance; if stabbing, the opposite. When a figure has two weapons in hand, I’ve generally gone with the larger being on the dominant side. Animals are ambidextrous, I assume, although I know that is not always true in real life. Shields are held in the non-dominant hand. Guns are held in the usual way, with the dominant hand on the trigger.

For squads, the number of each is given, such as 2R, 1L. For ambiguous or ambidextrous, I've used "?" and also when guessing but not sure.

So, this is what I get...please feel free to disagree all you want. I did not include the new figures because I don't have them in hand at this point.

I've also not done any analysis. I'll leave that to the next insane person. <grin>

Jandar

4th Massachusetts Line - 4R
Airborne Elite - 3R, 1L
Alastair MacDirk -R
Concan the Kyrie Warrior - R
Dzu-Teh - 1R, 2L
Eldgrim the Viking Warrior - R
Finn the Viking Champion - R
Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan - R?
Kelda the Kyrie Warrior - R
Knights of Weston - 4R
MacDirk Warriors - 3R, 1L
Nilfheim - ?
Omnicron Snipers - 3L
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior - R
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (SotM) - R
Sentinels of Jandar - 3R
Sgt. Drake Alexander - R?
Sgt. Drake Alexander (SotM) L?
Sir Denrick - R
Sir Gilbert - R
Tarn Viking Warriors - 4R
Templar Cavalry - 3R
Thorgrim the Viking Champion - R

Utgar

Anubian Wolves - ?
Arrow Gruts - 3R
Blade Gruts - 3/4R, 1L?
Brunak - R
Cyprien Esenwein - R?
Deathreavers - ?
Deathstalkers - ?
Deathwalker 7000 - ?
Deathwalker 8000 - ?
Deathwalker 9000 - ?
Dumutef Guard - ?
Grimnak - R
Heavy Gruts - 2R, 2L
Isamu - R
Iskra Esenwein - R?
Kee-Mo-Shi - L
Khosumet the Darklord - R
Krug - R
Marcu Esenwein - ?
Marrden Hounds - ?
Marrden Nagrubs - ?
Marro Drones - 2R, 1L
Marro Drudge - ?
Marro Hive - ?
Marro Stingers - 3L
Marro Warriors - 4R
Me-Burq-Sa - R
Mimring - ?
Minions of Utgar - 3R
Ne-Gok-Sa - R
Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider - R
Obsidian Guards - ?
Ornak - R
Rechets of Bogdan - ?
Runa - L?
Shades of Bleakewoode - ?
Sir Hawthorne - R
Sonya Esenwein - R
Su-Bak-Na - R?
Swog Rider - R
Taelord the Kyrie Warrior - R
Tor-Kul-Na - L
Tornak - R
Warden 816 - R
Wolves of Badru - ?
Zettian Guards - ?
Zombies of Morindan - 2R, 1L

Ullar

Acolarh - L?
Armoc Vipers - ?
Aubrien Archers - 3R
Charos - ?
Deadeye Dan - L
Elite Onyx Vipers - ?
Jotun - R
Kyntela Gwyn - R?
Morsbane - R?
Saylind the Kyrie Warrior - L
Shaolin Monks - ?
Sonlen - R?
Syvarris - R
Theracus - ?
Venoc Vipers - ?
Venoc Warlord - ?
Warriors of Ashra - 2R, 1L

Vydar

Agent Carr - R?
Blastatrons - 4R
Braxas - ?
Dünd - ?
Gladiatrons - 2R, 2L
Gorillinators - 2R, 1L
James Murphy - R
Krav Maga Agents - 2R, 1L
Laglor - ?
Major Q9 - ?
Major Q10 - ?
Major X17 - ?
Microcorp Agents - 3R
Nakita Agents - 3R
Sudema - R?

Einar

Ashigaru Harquebus - 4R
Ashigaru Yari - 4R
Crixus - R
The Einar Imperium - ?
Empress Kiova - R
Guilty McCreech - R
Izumi Samurai - 3R
Kaemon Awa - R
Kozuke Samurai - 2R, 1?
Marcus Decimus Gallus - R
Ninjas of the Northern Wind - 3L
Parmenio - R
Retiarius - R?
Roman Archers - 3R
Roman Legionnaires - 4R
Sacred Band - 4R
Shiori - R
Spartacus -R
Tagawa Samurai - 1R, 2L?
Tagawa Samurai Archers - 3R
Valguard - R

Aquilla

Master Win Chiu Woo - ?

Just a couple of comments:

I think it is neat that there are so many mixed squads. I find it interesting that the Omnicrons are all left-handed. Several figures, like Runa, were a close call for me. I liked that the Gladiatrons were evenly divided. The Ninjas of the Northern Wind all being left-handed was a surprise, but Saylind wasn't.

Last edited by Revdyer; May 30th, 2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old May 30th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Non-definitive Handiness List

Oh boy!
The Rev could have too much time...but on which hand?

Fun thread! Go Lefties.
Old May 30th, 2008, 10:57 AM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker

Rev,

I salute you sir, for being one of the only people left who can post something truly Original in the general section.

Great Analysis!
Old May 30th, 2008, 11:04 AM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Oh boy!
The Rev could have too much time...but on which hand?

Fun thread! Go Lefties.
Actually, I had to get my car serviced this morning; and what are you going to do while you wait, but look at a bunch of toys you've toted in?
Old May 30th, 2008, 11:06 AM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!

Good job, Rev.

But you left off the Grok Riders that started this whole conversation.
Old May 30th, 2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
Good job, Rev.

I did, indeed, Finrod; since, as I mentioned, I only did the ones that I had the figures "in hand" for. <grin>
Old May 30th, 2008, 11:37 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

What happened to the 4th Heavy Grut? Otherwise, that was a great list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:12 PM

Re: Non-definitive Handedness List

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
Cracks! There are all these cracks, and guys slip through them. Especially the 2nd leftie in the group.

Please accept my apology for my mistake. I'll correct it now.

Last edited by Revdyer; May 30th, 2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:21 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Quote:
Good job, Rev.

I did, indeed, Finrod; since, as I mentioned, I only did the ones that I had the figures "in hand" for. <grin>
Either I missed that, or you edited it in. <grumble> Probably me... It's been a bad week at work and I'm half-blind from pounding my head in frustration against the desk.
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Good job, Rev.

Either I missed that, or you edited it in. <grumble> Probably me... It's been a bad week at work and I'm half-blind from pounding my head in frustration against the desk.
Nope, didn't edit that in...but it's OK.

Next week I'm doing the "Non-Definitive List of Who's Married, Who's Singles, Who's dating, and Who's moving to California." <grin>
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:26 PM

SVD997 knows what's in an order marker SVD997 knows what's in an order marker
Talking You guys are funny :-)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
Cracks! There are all these cracks, and guys slip through them. Especially the 2nd leftie in the group.

Please accept my apology for my mistake. I'll correct it now.
I have to laugh. Only on Heroscapers.com will someone put together an extensive, thought-out list, and the first thing out of some peoples fingers is what they missed. I'm not dissing anybody, it just struck me as funny that out of all the things that could be said for this time-consuming (if not insane ) task that rev undertook, the first thing you guys do is tell him what he missed.

Nice list though, rev.
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:29 PM

Re: You guys are funny :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVD997 View Post
Nice list though, rev.
Thanks, SVD997, for the comment and the revised thread title for your post. <smile>

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion