Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 17th, 2007, 02:25 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Gorillinators

The Book of Gorillinators
Jandar's Oath - Collection 3 - "Gorillas and Hounds"

Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: When Vydar had a vision of these agents, he was not sure what to think about these reclusive Primadons. He suspected that they were too primitive and lacking in the ways of warfare to be of any use in his army. But Vydar took a chance on them, and luckily, he was proven wrong. The Gorillinators are more advanced than many others on Valhalla. The secret development of superior technology on Marr has given them awesome capabilities in battle: they can move at astounding speeds, overtaking enemy positions in minutes; they can use their ranged attacks to neutralize any threat; and their body armor is made of Kiradium alloy, which makes bringing one of them down a daunting task. (Hasbro)
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - NAKITA AGENTS : Gorillinator Movement Bonding
    As Gorillinators, the Gorillinators may benefit from Nakita Agents’ GORILLINATOR MOVEMENT BONDING synergy.

- LAGLOR : Vydar’s Range Enhancement Aura
    As Vydar units with a range greater than 4, Gorillinators may benefit from Laglor’s VYDAR’S RANGE ENHANCEMENT AURA.

- AGENT SKAHEN: Cover Fire
    When attacking an opponent's figure, if Agent Skahen inflicts one or more wounds, you may move one Tricky figure you control who follows Vydar and is within 8 clear sight spaces of Agent Skahen up to 4 spaces.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Rankings

Jexik: Gorillinators- The Nakitas brought these underappreciated monkeys back into playability, but they still need some help. C

OEAO: C

Cleon: Tier 3 (172/208)

dok (VC inclusive): Gorillinators- Still terribly vulnerable to special attacks, but Zaeus+G'Nators is a nasty firebase against common squads. B-

Master Index

Unit Strategy Review
Unit Strategy Review: Gorillinators

Last edited by superfrog; March 15th, 2019 at 07:08 PM. Reason: vc added
Old May 19th, 2007, 11:49 AM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
While I am here, I would like to dispel the myth that the G'nators suck. If you have two squads of these guys, add in Raelin and the Nakita, you will have an army that is pretty hard to beat.

In fact, you just need two squads of these guys to do some damage.

I think most people forget how the G'nators are different than other ranged units. Here are some of the things that stand out:

1. The G'nators have a below average defense. A defense that is lower than almost every other ranged unit. Sure, they get one certain shield, but they can only get 2 shields maximum.

2. The more defense die they get, the more their ability helps them. On the other hand, if your G'nator had 2 defense dice, they would be a force that is pretty hard to kill. 2 possible shields + 1 absolute shield beats 3 possible shields any day. This only gets better as more defense dice are added to the G地ators. If you have ever tried to kill a G地ator that is rolling 4 dice you will know what I am talking about.

3. They are fast. Very fast. For a range unit at least. They can gain the high ground easily, or they can rush for glyphs faster than other ranged units. (If you don稚 know already, it is better to have ranged units on a glyph.)

So what did we learn from this? The G地ators are weak without an advantage. If you just have them sitting in the middle of the board shooting at the enemy, they will die. Luckily, the G地ators are good at getting the advantages they need. They have a high speed, so they gain height quickly. If you are playing with a G地ator based army, that should be your first priority. Get the gorillas up high. Everything you do on the first few turns should help you do this. (If your enemy gets the high ground first, he will tear you G地ators to confetti. There is no reason this should happen though.)

This is where the Nakita help your army. A few turns with them in the beginning, and your Primadons should have the glyphs, high ground, or any other advantageous position. Once you have your G地ators settled in you can begin a nice rain of death coming from their guns. In order to keep them firing away happily, I recommend having Raelin with you. (Now would be the time to move her forward. Keep her in the back until you have your positions.) A Gorillanator with height and Raelin behind him is a impossible to kill. If you can set up this formation fast, you have won the game.

So, do you guys still think these guys need to be put into the same group as DW7 and Dund?
Old May 19th, 2007, 11:55 AM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
I like your idea chimpy, about the 2x G'nators, Raelin, and Nakita Agents. You still have 120 points left to use on a heavy hitter...... like Krug

Old May 19th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Another reason Wave 3 is my favorite - such fun character designs and varied common squads.
The Gorrilinators rock on elevated, heavy snow.
We had a map that featured an elevated glacier smack dab in the middle of the board during the pre-Nakita days.
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../TUNDRA000.jpg
We played it for 3-4 consecutive weekends. Never got tired of it and the Gorillinators were employed A LOT. They can haul butt and take the top.
Love the way they play: you're moving about fast and two of the three Primadon poses lend themselves really well to crouching and hiding behind glaciers, trees, etc.

Of course it's also fun when your opponent's rolling his attack and he comes up with 1 skull.
"Tough."
Continue playing...
Old May 19th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent_Drake_8
Woah...how many rttf's do you have?
I'm a tree hugger...
10 RttFF

Playing against the Gorillinators and Nakitas, I've found 'Reavers to be good at pinning them down. Tough nearly negates any attacks and Engagement Strike makes it a risky engagement endeavor, but it's fun to nip those Primadons from skirting around while The Monks jump in on them or Keamon fires away with his SA at the Vydar forces.
Wulsinu or the 'Stalkers can be used too.
Old May 19th, 2007, 12:20 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
That is the best defense against them I have heard yet. Once you take away the G'nator's mobility he is useless. I will keep that mind next time my friend drafts the rats.
Old August 27th, 2007, 01:52 AM

manger has disabled reputation
I think that a nakita g'nator combo would fall quickly in our games because when we draft we always make sure to have at least 1 unit or squad that can attack with special attacks just to bypass nakita smoke bombs/ g'nator auto shield, Ninjas dissapear, rats scatter ect.
Old August 27th, 2007, 08:07 AM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by manger
I think that a nakita g'nator combo would fall quickly in our games because when we draft we always make sure to have at least 1 unit or squad that can attack with special attacks just to bypass nakita smoke bombs/ g'nator auto shield, Ninjas dissapear, rats scatter ect.
I love the g'nators, but I hate the Nakita. I don't think in any of the dozen games I've used them in have they ever successfully used their smoke powder. They just die.

Old August 31st, 2007, 07:45 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I really want to get a couple packs of these guys to get full use of the Nakitas. Stupid Wave 3 being gone.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 9th, 2007, 09:48 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Me too.
Here's an army I thought up:
Gorillanatorsx3
Nakita Agents
SoTM Raelin

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old October 10th, 2007, 07:37 PM

marro_master has disabled reputation
monkeys are really annoying to fight. when i go for height i just get beaten to it and shot at. and if i roll just 1 the monkeys have that armor of theirs . i'll roll an extra dice for attack higher than his then he goes "their the same, ur attack won't work, my monkeys get tough" . man i hate those fast monkeys

want to read a good fanfic? read "after the swarm" and if you really liked that please read my sequal, after the swarm, fight for survival!
both of these fanfics have action, dispair, adventure, and marro! it will be worth the read trust me on this one
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:00 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by marro_master
and if i roll just 1 the monkeys have that armor of theirs .
Not armour: just thick monkey hide!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units