Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old August 9th, 2006, 03:25 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
see here http://www.heroscapers.com/community...611&highlight= and learn why you can't properly play HS in a balanced, remotely-competetive way without Order MArkers.
I didn't see any valid reasons why removing order markers would unbalance the game. Could you enlighten us?
You missed my posts then that detailed exactly why it's a bad idea, if balance is important to you in HS.
I think you are still confusing no order markers with the Kepler system. You have some good points for the (still undeveloped) Kepler system but I don't remember any for just removing order markers and using alternate activations.
Old August 9th, 2006, 03:32 PM

Vette71 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dyzzle
why should the figure get a def die. i think the attacking fig should lose an attack die. if the def fig in concealed then its harder to get attacked. not easyer for it to deffend

id go for a 20 die roll myself. luck to see if the shot hits.
-1 attack die or +1 defence die should still work out to be the same % of success for the attacking figure. But it's only for a partially concealed figure. In the heroscape rules, if any target zone is visible in LOS, then it can be attacked as normal even if it is only, for example, the defender's arm. That just seems to beg for modification...
Old August 14th, 2006, 04:00 PM

Darconus has disabled reputation
Reactive Order

-We play with no order markers placed on specific characters, but with three markers to be placed as you use a character. It's very reactionary, which is good, because the automatic reaction may not be your best course of action.
Old August 18th, 2006, 08:20 AM

IX Legion has disabled reputation
i have some custom rules for me and my friends.

1.you may move 3 armis and not attack

2.you may move 2 armies and attack with 1

3.you may move 0 armies and attack with 2

also we dont us order markers either, me and my friends beleive that it makes the game a bit more realistic, in a battle, everyone doesnt stop and say "ok you guys go that way, and you guys go the other way", its all spur of the momen.
Old August 18th, 2006, 12:24 PM

Something I had been tossing around, but haven't tried yet, to get more figures on the table while still using the order marker system is for each order marker, use 1 unique hero and 1 squad under that hero's command.
For an example round: Marker 1: Sgt. Drake and Airborne Elite; Marker 2: Su-Bak-Na and Marro Squad; Marker 3: Grimnak and Orc squad; Marker X: Finn and tarn Vikings etc...etc... I'm sure you get the idea.
So on a scale of 1-10 with one being, "I can't play 'scape tonight, American Idol is on!" and ten being, "I think I'll pick up these last three RTTFF clearance items for $5 a pop!" How stupid is that idea?
Old August 18th, 2006, 12:30 PM

Darconus has disabled reputation
Actually, that seems fairly realistic. It's not every battle that the leader runs in first, and then waits a turn or two for his squad to catch up. Of course, your idea is highly dependant on the point values for your armies. If you play, realistically, anything under three hundred points, it'll be kinda stiff play. But for 500+ points, I think it would definitely be worth playtesting.
Old August 18th, 2006, 12:31 PM

Gambit has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette71
-1 attack die or +1 defence die should still work out to be the same % of success for the attacking figure.
umm an atk dice has 3 skulls as opposed to a defence dies 2 shields so there would be a different % of success

i dont post that much

-Utradoug
a warhammer/HS site,im a mod there> www.miniwargames.net/forums
Old August 18th, 2006, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette71
-1 attack die or +1 defence die should still work out to be the same % of success for the attacking figure.
umm an atk dice has 3 skulls as opposed to a defence dies 2 shields so there would be a different % of success
D'oh! My bad...
Old August 18th, 2006, 01:06 PM

Gambit has disabled reputation
your punishment

me> <you

sorry i just had to do that

i dont post that much

-Utradoug
a warhammer/HS site,im a mod there> www.miniwargames.net/forums
Old August 18th, 2006, 02:26 PM

hehe
Old August 18th, 2006, 06:11 PM

Avenger has disabled reputation
no order markers for me...
Old August 23rd, 2006, 08:29 PM

theats has disabled reputation
agreed

Theophilus.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions