Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 27th, 2019, 12:14 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Crossbones (Initial Playtesting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I have this guy if you need pictures and like this mini.

Pretty sure that’s the mini I have as well. So I’d be happy if that’s the one we choose. It will be nice to have the actual official mini for a change.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 27th, 2019, 05:53 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm happy with that mini! I think the one with the giant minigun doesn't feel right for this design.

Any thoughts on point value here? If we can estimate one ASAP I might be able to start the initial tonight. Calculator is telling me 100 for his base stats and 50 for his powers. (I guessed their values as 3,1,2) So a total of 150 points?
Old November 27th, 2019, 08:10 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

150 sounds reasonably close to me.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old November 27th, 2019, 09:24 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I calculated 150 as well. Wouldn't be shocked to see him go slightly up from there, but I think it's a great starting point.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 1st, 2019, 05:31 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Ran 3 games with Crossbones so far (3 losses), planning 1 more game. I'm really leaning towards making this change;
Quote:
BRUTALITY 4
When attacking an adjacent figure with Crossbones, if the Attack number on the defending figure's card is 4 or less and the defending figure does not have the Superstrength special power, that figure rolls 1 fewer defense die.
First off, added in the SS exception clause. I was hoping we could slide by without it under the logic of "game, not simulation" but it just feels too weird having him bully fully-charged Lanterns.

I know we argued that having only bully figures with 3 Attack or lower was more thematic, and I generally agree. But the problem I'm looking at now is that the power is generally feeling ineffective. Sure, we can say __% of C3G designs have under >4 attack and no SS. But how many of those designs is Crossbones really benefiting from subtracting a defense die from? Like... cool, I took a Civilian down from 1 defense to 0 defense, but that Civilian was probably already going to die from Crossbones' attack anyways, so does it really matter all that much?

Basically, the more I look at it, the more the cross-section of "figures that have >4 attack" and "figures that Crossbones wouldn't usually destroy with his normal attack anyways" seems pretty small. There are a few matchups where it'll come into play often (Sidekicks), but other than that it currently feels a bit "why bother."

The 4 attack change is a bit more thematically shaky, I admit, but I could see him getting the upper hand against somebody of equal prowess by just being an especially bad dude. And it's not like the effect (-1 defense) is really that big of a deal anyways. The figure most affected by this change would probably be Nightwing, but honestly...I'm okay with that. And if you want an anti-Nightwing unit, there are better picks out there anyways.
Old December 1st, 2019, 09:50 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't know why you are obsessing over the 3rd most important power on a 3 power card. Soundwarp made a pretty detailed break down of the cards competitive highlights and the other two powers are what make or break the card's performance. If he's feeling a bit weak, boost up one of the other two powers instead of focusing in on the minor flavor themed power. Try lowering the roll for human shield, that seems like a really fun and unique power, much more than -1 def. when punching someone, so lets make sure it's firing a couple of times per game. Blocking 2 or more wounds per game would be a big boon to him.
Old December 1st, 2019, 10:22 PM
Just A Head

Because it’s the power that doesn’t feel right to me?

I’ll totally cop to letting the pre-testing discussion of the power go on too long. I just honestly didn’t have a huge preference over the nitty gritty of how the power functioned so I wasn’t providing a clear guiding backbone through the conversation, and that’s my bad.

But after playing 3 games, this is the power that’s still not sitting right with me. Trigger Man is great, Human Shield is great (if a bit niche at times), the design as a whole is fun. Brutality is just not where I envision it should be. I’m all for minor flavor powers, but after playing the current iteration, it just crosses the line into being too minor for my personal tastes.
Old December 2nd, 2019, 02:38 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I believe YKs point was more that Brutality isn’t really going to contribute much either way of he is not living up to his points right now. Boosting one of the others may help more.

Saying that, I don’t have a real issue with your proposal but if he lost all three pretty poorly that may not fix it. Especially if he lost three 150 point games. 150 is a pretty low floor here I’d say. I would have thought 180 would be more reasonable for him.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 2nd, 2019, 02:51 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't think he's better then Hawkeye (150 & 160 w/a jet cycle) or Black Widow (170). Those are the types of heroes he faces and loses to, other non-powered but highly skilled humans. 150-170 seems like a fitting range.
Old December 2nd, 2019, 03:38 PM
Just A Head

I was willing to go as low as 140 (to make a nice substitute for Madame H in the 1,000 pt Hydra build) but I’d be hesitant to go any lower than that. I don’t know the character that intimately though. Whenever I’ve seen him, he’s never struck me as being above those “peak humans” YK mentioned.

He doesn’t really feel all that underpowered, so I’m sorry if I gave that impression.

Does anyone disagree with making the change I suggested?
Old December 2nd, 2019, 04:22 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's what I was originally in favor of, so I'm still in favor now if testing shows a desire for it.

I agree that it's the third most important power on his card, though, fwiw, and not to sweat it too terribly much either way.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 2nd, 2019, 05:47 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I still don't like two conditionals for a power that's more theme than anything else. That's more messy than fun. I'd rather it just be non Super Strength if we had to choose between that and 4 Attack.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library