Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old November 22nd, 2019, 11:39 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
All these look great @Hahma . You captured the characters well. What set do the sentry bots come in? Have you heard of any place doing black Friday sales for walking dead, legion, or fallout? Also did you hear of the smaller skirmish format for legion?
Thanks Trex.

The Sentry Bot is its own little expansion box. It had been on Amazon but I don't see it now. But I had ordered it, the Radscorpions and Radioactive Containers set directly from Modiphius, as some stuff seems to be only really available on their site. It was expensive, but I splurged. At this point for me, it's more about quality and things I really want vs quantity just more stuff. I've actually been trying to control some urges to get more stuff for certain ganes that I already have a ton for. And now that I have gotten Marvel Champions living card game, it gives me something to enjoy playing that doesn't require painting or a lot of time commitment.

I do still have a few smaller things for Legion that I preordered through my buddy, as well as the Assaulton and Protectrons set, Ack Ack, Sinjin and Avery set and Raiders Core set coming. So until they come, I have plenty to catch up on in the meantime.

I haven't really checked too much as far as Black Friday sales, though when I just looked at the Fallout stuff on Miniature Market, I saw some of that stuff marked for Black Friday.

Haven't heard of an official smaller format for Legion, though I know from reading on BGG, that people were wanting something like that. But I still have been having a difficult time getting games in with my buddies, as both have been really busy lately. I only get to play DnD with Brian over the past several months. So solo gaming is my jam at the moment.
Here is the smaller legion format link from ffgs website
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...ng-strategies/
I havent been so controlling over my impulse control lately. Ive been a bit depressed lately and I tend to shop more for junk I dont need. I couldnt sleep last night so I went back on miniature market to have a more thorough look. I seen a couple walking dead boosters on the sale but they werent discounted really that much. I saw some wrath of kings starter sets for dirt cheap, youtubed some reviews and gameplay vids and bought some of those. 1 picked up 3 factions worth of starters x2 of each. The minis with shipping ended up being about 47 cents a piece including the bigger characters. Another 90 minis to add to the pile of shame. Wrath of kings is a wargame and the minis look similar to confrontation minis. I was really hoping to see some legion on there but oh well. At this point I dont really need any of it, its just extra crack. In my defense I did delete 90% of the stuff I had in my cart before checking out. Ive been gearing any painting Im doing towards games I can solo play as Im not really getting any hobby stuff in lately except painting the occasional box of minis. Im chewing through modern zombicide right now but hopping in between some 3d prints, and random single monsters on the shelves.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 22nd, 2019, 01:45 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Nice that you had some control in deleting 90% of the cart

I actually did just find the skirmish mode for Legion @TREX

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 24th, 2019, 02:56 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Nice that you had some control in deleting 90% of the cart

I actually did just find the skirmish mode for Legion @TREX

Pretty cool I think. I guess miniature market is doing a couple rounds of sales so there may be a chance that more items go on sale that have to do with more of the games I like to play. Not sure if you have seen the mandalorian yet but I just finished the 3rd episode and Im loving it. I swear Ive enjoyed this show probably more than the sequel trilogy. I really hope we get some of these characters for legion. My daughter absolutely loves the little guy in the show. Im 3d printing a legion sized version of him right now. I got to play my first completely painted walking dead yesterday. We added a box of painted zombicide prison zombies as well that I also had painted. We did a 4 player free for all and it was a great time. If they do any black friday deals on the call to arms stuff I might bite for that. Im going to go on a painting rampage today. I still need to prime a bunch of boxes of minis as well. I found a nice alternative to curing the minis by putting them in the same room as my woodburning stove. It cures them fast drying them quicker by the fire. I dont do it unless I need to though because it stinks up the house a little still.

Old November 25th, 2019, 07:49 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

@TREX

I don't have Disney+ yet. We'll eventually get it, and I am interested in seeing the Mandalorian for sure. I'm more interested in seeing their Marvel series', but that seems to be a while down the road.

It's great that you got a 4 player game of Walking Dead in. Had ti be fun. Hopefully some Call to Arms goes on sale for you to check out.

I've been playing a lot of Marvel Champions living card game lately, having 9 games in over the last couple weeks. I didn't get the Marvel Crisis Protocol miniatures game because I am trying to be strong and not get into a different genre and scale. So I get my superhero fix with the card game. Loving it.

I did play a solo game of Fallout over the weekend. It was super fun. I'll post a report here when I get a chance.

Old November 25th, 2019, 02:10 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
@TREX

I don't have Disney+ yet. We'll eventually get it, and I am interested in seeing the Mandalorian for sure. I'm more interested in seeing their Marvel series', but that seems to be a while down the road.

It's great that you got a 4 player game of Walking Dead in. Had ti be fun. Hopefully some Call to Arms goes on sale for you to check out.

I've been playing a lot of Marvel Champions living card game lately, having 9 games in over the last couple weeks. I didn't get the Marvel Crisis Protocol miniatures game because I am trying to be strong and not get into a different genre and scale. So I get my superhero fix with the card game. Loving it.

I did play a solo game of Fallout over the weekend. It was super fun. I'll post a report here when I get a chance.
I didnt get disney plus yet either. You can do a seven day trial of it for free. So far I didnt really see anything else on there that I wanted to watch at the moment but it was fun to get to see what was on there.

Old November 27th, 2019, 12:35 AM
Prickly Cactus

I haven't had time yet to do my report for last weekend's game of Fallout, but figured I'd share the radioactive containers set I painted up for Fallout. These were from the official webstore.

With Fallout minis for scale

Also, I did end up doing some Black Friday shopping, as some places already have stuff on sale. I ordered a double-sided 3x3 neoprene game mat from Tablewar. It has a cave floor on one side and grasslands on the other side (despite it saying forest).

The cave floor side will work well for some wasteland gaming for Fallout, or just a dirt play area for Rangers of Shadow Deep or whatever. I can use it also for a cave floor with my walls I got a few months ago. The grasslands side is a nice general surface for just about any game. I got the 3x3 because the double-sided 6x4 mat I have downstairs setup, is more challenging to take other places. I either have to make sure there is a 6x4 table available, or I have to bring my folding table and boards that go on it to make it 6x4, which can be a pain the older I get. I have a 4x4 tundra and ocean mat, a 3x3 cobblestone mat and the 6 2x2's for The Walking dead. Between the cobblestone and the new 3x3 mat/s I ordered, I'll be able to have a variety of choices to be able to take them other places and not have to require a lot of space. Many of the games I play are meant to be played on 3x3 anyway, so I'm happy to downsize mats.

It was normally $65, but marked down to $52. Shipping was $10, so $62 for essentially 2 mats, including shipping is fine for me. It's the only thing I'll buy this Black Friday, despite my buddy Chris listing many gaming sites on our local hobby FB page.

http://www.tablewar.com/3x3-dbl-side...6pNA1wN2B9ey34

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures