Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old September 25th, 2019, 07:14 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] UNIT NAME (Leyline Phantoms) - Design

Either would probably work for me. Having the same name as their project is reasonable, and so is adding Alphas (because it's cool to imply there's more in the lore, and implying there could or couldn't be more in the game doesn't matter since we've obviously got a set pool of figures to work with).

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 25th, 2019, 07:17 PM

Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That puts us at 2 in favor of Project Velnesh Alphas, 2 in favor of just Project Velnesh, and 1 for either/or. If @All Your Pie has no strong preferences, then I'm fine with just settling on Project Velnesh.
Old September 25th, 2019, 08:30 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I prefer Project Velnesh. If we wanted to expand on designs with a similar theme, I would rather call them "Project _____" rather than "Project Velnesh Betas" or something.
Old September 25th, 2019, 11:28 PM

Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I say that we go ahead with Project Velnesh and a Velnesh species, then.

Looks like the last thing we need to decide for the initial card is a points value. My first guess is around the range of 70-90 points because of their 4/4 stats and essentially having 6 move, although Blink could be a good defensive power against weak ranged builds that increases their value in practice. Does anyone else have alternate starting point suggestions?
Old September 26th, 2019, 03:06 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun

I agree with caps that just having them be spacetime weirdness monsters (Stranger Things is a great comparison) was my preferred source, but hey.

Let’s start with 90.
Old September 26th, 2019, 02:50 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

90 seems like a good start. I don’t think these guys will be much better than the Ninjas, but I’d rather they be priced conservatively so as to not drastically outclass them for non-Ninja builds. Disappearing Ninja being an effective way to block wounds will help them remain distinct from the Velnesh playstyle too.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 26th, 2019, 03:00 PM

The Ninjas are a good point. I could see us going to 100 just to avoid outclassing them (although they do get Kantono Daishi synergy).

While Project Velnesh doesn't have Disappearing Ninja, it does have 4 defense and an easier way of closing the distance against range. The teleportation is less flexible in avoiding engagement than Phantom Walk, but provides more utility for general movement around the map, so they're relatively close in my eyes.
Old September 26th, 2019, 04:59 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

90-100 seems like a good ballpark start.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.

--

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades
Old October 1st, 2019, 10:03 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] Project Velnesh (Leyline Phantoms) - Design

OP updated at 100 points.

In the interest of simplification, don't we think we ought to make Shift either before or after attacking, not a choice between both?

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 2nd, 2019, 12:09 AM

Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun

After moving, you mean?
Old October 2nd, 2019, 01:17 AM

I actually think that Blink is the more complicated power here. Removing the option of when to trigger Shift wouldn't really cut down on as much complexity IMO.
Old October 2nd, 2019, 01:24 AM

I like the choosing, too. You can Shift out of engagement or past an enemy screen to attack.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs