Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old May 17th, 2020, 05:14 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 2] Sorin of the Eternal Thirst

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Probably gonna be a hard from me on the current version of Ruthless Warlord. Stingers, Rats, etc don’t need a cheap Taelord.

Maybe if the power was only a 1-turn buff I can see it being less of a problem.
In my defense, I always read it as turn not round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I thought there was hesitation to card actual people.?
I don't see why there should be. As noted, Spartacus and friends exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
We need to keep in mind complexity levels. 3 powers is a lot, especially when they do everything that they do.

Also, yeah, we should probably find another Romanian name that still brings to mind Vlad.

Making him a warlord is a great idea.

What about combining the “bonus for killing” with an aura - if he destroys a figure, the rest of the round he adds 1 to all figures adjacent and himself?
Absolutely agree we don't want many, if any, 3-power cards in this set.
His name should be Vlad Tepes or Vlad Dracul, though.
I could get behind Warlord, but it depends on whether or not he has some kind of attack buff that competes with Marcus'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
I personally love the Gore ability moreso than any Stare ability, although the way I worded it is more like Cleave tho, I realized...*face palm*
Cleave would also be a reasonable power for him.

I like the idea of a front-line cheerleader. One power that helps his own offense, be it Stare, Gore, Cleave, or something else. One power that helps allies, like Ruthless Warlord (limiting it to a turn ), Attack Aura, etc.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 17th, 2020, 06:55 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Maybe he has attack aura, but only under certain conditions - Tagawa-like markers, or having a certain number of wounds activates his aura.
Old May 18th, 2020, 08:52 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Vlad Dracula (Per wikipedia, Vlad Dracul was his father)

Human/Warlord/Terrifying/Medium 5
5 Life/5 Move/1 Range/4 Attack/3 Defense (or 3 attack/4 def.)

Ruthless Warlord
If Order Marker 1 is placed on Vlad, then instead of taking a turn with Vlad, you may destroy an adjacent Squad figure you control, then immediately take a turn with up to 2 (same figure?) Squads you control who follows Utgar. Each figure in the Squad moved in this way may add 1 to their Movement and Attack dice for this turn. (All Squad figures used in this way must be within 8 clear sight spaces of Vlad before moving.)

Gore
Version 1: When Vlad successfully wounds a figure, you must place an additional wound on that figures Army Card.

Version 2: When Vlad successfully wounds a Unique Hero, you may choose an adjacent Squad figure, and destroy it. (Cleave 2.0?)

So my reasoning for letting him use 2 squads for a turn is since this is gonna be a once per round/turn thing, I don't think in many cases players would be inclined to sacrifice a squaddie for using just 3-4 figures, who may not all be able to even attack this turn. At least when you're moving 6-8 figures you have more of a shot at dealing some damage.

I'm all for giving him 3 powers, but some folks want more simplicity.

Also, what if we made him Relentless instead of terrifying? I can totally picture Vlad and 3x Squads of Blaackguard knights rushing across the map, lol! (Although Terrifying makes sense too, just a thought)

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 18th, 2020, 03:47 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

"Partial squad turns" are a no-go.
Old May 18th, 2020, 06:20 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

PARALYZING STARE

GRUESOME INSPIRATION
When Vlad destroys a small or medium figure, you may place the destroyed figure on this card. If there is at least one revealed order marker on this army card, adjacent figures add 1 to their attack for each destroyed figure on this card. Remove all destroyed figures from this card at the end of the round.

No need to cap the amount of the bonus or limit it to adjacent attacks--you're spending order markers on Vlad to get the bonus. If players want to spend two OMs to get a +2 attack for their third OM (but only for figures standing next to Vlad, a melee figure) let 'em do it.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 18th, 2020, 06:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Love that caps. Pretty close to what I imagined but much cleaner. Nice.
Old May 18th, 2020, 06:29 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

It might be better to use markers (why not the sword markers or the star markers or something?) to not step on cards with spirit powers.

--
--
--

--
Old May 18th, 2020, 08:39 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Right, so far placing dead figures somewhere other than their own card only happens for whoever controls the card. Allowing displacement of enemy figures causes a lot of conflict there. Vlad very well could be a good place for sword/shield/sunburst markers.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 18th, 2020, 10:34 PM

I like that. Ruthless Warlord was a good idea but this is a good refinement. Definitely gives him a different role than Marcus - a wider effect but harder to activate.

It would rarely ever get to 2 attack as a bonus because he’d need to kill two figures in a round. Could we make it effect himself as well, or is that a bridge too far?
Old May 18th, 2020, 10:55 PM

Is Paralyzing Stare not enough of an attack boost?

--
--
--

--
Old May 19th, 2020, 08:47 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

It's a cool power, but I'm not sure it'll really be worth triggering (making him not worth playing). As a player I'd rather get a consistent amount of attacks over a chance of his attack bonus not happening (Paralyzing Stare is still a d20 power and thus prone to failing... 3A is really only going to kill a squad figure), and STILL have to lose an important OM for it. The reason Marcus, Finn, and Gilbert are any good for their respective builds is because they don't eat good OM's.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 19th, 2020, 10:26 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
It's a cool power, but I'm not sure it'll really be worth triggering (making him not worth playing). As a player I'd rather get a consistent amount of attacks over a chance of his attack bonus not happening (Paralyzing Stare is still a d20 power and thus prone to failing... 3A is really only going to kill a squad figure), and STILL have to lose an important OM for it. The reason Marcus, Finn, and Gilbert are any good for their respective builds is because they don't eat good OM's.
I agree, its a unique wording but I wouldn't see myself trying to activate it. It's gonna be a for me regarding the Gruesome Display power as currently worded.

Also I'm strongly against any regular "attack aura".

We already have a Taelord like flameslayer has said, and there are a number of figures who already give a +1 attack for being adjacent. (Marcus and Brave Arrow say hey)

I'd like Vlad here to be more unique in activating any kind of attack special, especially involving the death of a fellow squad mate.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs