Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old March 18th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I watch a lot of 24 and play its spinoff TCG, and I've wondered what Jack Bauer would look like as a Heroscape card. One thing I'd want him to do is interrogate nearby enemies with a d20 roll or something... a win on his part means the enemy has to reveal his X. WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?
Old March 18th, 2008, 10:16 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
I watch a lot of 24 and play its spinoff TCG, and I've wondered what Jack Bauer would look like as a Heroscape card. One thing I'd want him to do is interrogate nearby enemies with a d20 roll or something... a win on his part means the enemy has to reveal his X. WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?
That would be cool. Somebody here also did a Jack custom that had a "Sole Survivor" power....he got really strong if he was the last figure left alive in your army.
Old March 18th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:
That would be cool. Somebody here also did a Jack custom that had a "Sole Survivor" power....he got really strong if he was the last figure left alive in your army.
I have a custom that starts healing itself pretty fast when it's the sole survivor. I like the idea. But I think it would be hilarious to just go ahead and let Jack come back from the dead like Thanos. Give him long enough, and sure enough, he'll show up in your start zone again for another hard day's work.
Old March 19th, 2008, 10:21 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have a custom that starts healing itself pretty fast when it's the sole survivor. I like the idea. But I think it would be hilarious to just go ahead and let Jack come back from the dead like Thanos. Give him long enough, and sure enough, he'll show up in your start zone again for another hard day's work.
Somehow he needs a "Dammit Chloe..." power too.
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:13 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
Super Skrull - 270 pts (Flight, High melee attack, Thorian Speed, Fire-line Special attack, but all lesser than the Fantastic Four versions of these powers and he'll probably have lower life and shorter range)

Human Torch - 240 pts (I'm imagining he'll be something like Mimring but with DW7000's ability to blow himself up... yet survive. Still, he'll probably have lower life.)

Thing - 220 pts (I think he'll be simple like Iron Man: He'll have the Hulk's base stats, but his only special ability will be double attack. Possibly he'll have some sort of inspirational power to represent "It's Clobberin' Time!")

Sandman - 200 pts (He'll definitely get bonuses for being in the sand, he'll probably get some sort of ranged attack, a weakness to water... but how will they represent his ability to get sandy? Maybe something like Microcorps Agents' pop-up blocker?)

Invisible Woman - 190 pts (I imagine she'll be something like Raelin, but with Thorian Speed)

Doctor Octopus - 170 pts (Quadruple attack with some ability to ignore elevations and attack from range, but probably lower defense and/or life)

Punisher - 150 pts (he'll have a multiple attack from range plus a grenade or two)

Black Panther - 140 pts (I don't know how they portray him in the current comics, but he's basically a melee fighter without any special leaping or flying ability, so probably multiple melee attacks and maybe counter-strike. He's a genius, though, and a leader, so maybe some sort of inspirational ability?)

Bullseye - 125 pts (I'm thinking he'll have a sharpshooter power like Deadeye Dan, but he'll have high defense and counter-strike)

Beast - 120 pts (Maybe some sort of leaping and multiple attacks?)
Old March 22nd, 2008, 03:09 PM
has been BANNED

I'll be surprised if they give Sandman any sort of Sand or Water based powers, unless those tiles come with the expansion set. I'd like to see him get those types of powers, but I don't think it will happen.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 03:56 PM
Best Marvel Role-Player ('07 CoNny Award)

Troll Warrior is surprisingly tart
Super Skrull - 310 (Flying (HT), Super Srength (T), Vanish/no hit zone (IW), may make a melee attack against a non-adjacent figure (MF); second highest stats of each member of the Fantastic Four)

Invisible Woman - 160 (either no hit zone or Vanish 5, big defense bonus; low stats, high defense)

Human Torch - 240 (Flying, weaker Fireline Special, and Super Nova [DW 7K's Self-Destruct minus the whole self ... destruct ... thing]; decent move, attack, and range, but low defense and life)

The Thing - 250 (Super Strength, Stomp Special, and Melee Defense 3 bonus to an already impressive defense; high stats comparable to Abomination, with bonus defense [compared to Hulk] rather than attack)

Black Panther - 150 (Stealth Dodge, Double Attack, and Engagement Strike; decent stats)

Beast - (Stealth Leap, Super Strength, Beast Assault, and Tactician; decent stats; his main thing is being the first Mutant introduced to 'Scape)

Punisher - 190 (Grenade Lob and Machine Gun Special Attacks, potential bonus when attacking Criminal figures; unimpressive stats except for attack)

Bullseye - 160 (Sharpshooter and bonus dice when attacking a non-adjacent figure; stats are nothing special, except for a range of 9 or 10)

Sandman - 190 (Sand Strength 3, Sand Tunnel, Super Strength, and Phantom Walk; incredible stats while on sand, but nothing special while on other terrain)

Dr. Octopus - 200 (Quadruple Attack, Throw 14, Tentacle Walk [allowing easy movement up steep terrain while sacrificing Throw] and Super Strength; low life, decent stats otherwise)
Old March 22nd, 2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I'll be surprised if they give Sandman any sort of Sand or Water based powers, unless those tiles come with the expansion set. I'd like to see him get those types of powers, but I don't think it will happen.
Yeah, I've been wondering myself if it's realistic since there was no sand in the Marvel starter set. Still, it's so obvious, how could they not do it? I'm sure I'll be surprised with whatever they decide to do...
Old March 22nd, 2008, 09:31 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Re: Marvel Wave 1 Predicted Costs

I haven't been keeping up with the Marvel news, so I don't know who's stats or specials have been revealed yet. Based on what I know about the figures, these would be my guesses on their costs:

Thing 330
Torch 260
Invisible Woman 225
Beast 190
Bullseye 145
Sandman 200
Doc Oc 240
Punisher 165

I'm not familiar with the following:

Black Panther 160?
Super Skrull 340? (I hear he's a beast)

**Updated on 25March2008 after much thought**

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 06:57 PM

I'm wondering if we can use our deductive reasoning skills to figure out, at least, where the new Marvel figures will be priced relative to the Marvel figures that have already been released.

For instance, we know that the Thing is unlikely to cost as much as the Hulk, since the Hulk always schools the Thing. Same with Thanos or the Silver Surfer-- the Thing just doesn't hold a candle to either one of them. The Abomination, however, might be a good match-up with the Thing, but the Abomination is stronger than the Thing in the comic books. In game terms, the Abomination has leaping and stomp-- both things that aren't really associated with the Thing in the comics-- and that gives the Abomination a solid ability to attack ranged units and multiple units that the Thing may lack. Unless they give the Thing some way to attack ranged units, I can't imagine him costing 320 points.

I think it's tough to compare the Thing to ranged flyers like Dr. Doom or Iron Man, so the next comparison is Captain America. Cap has similar base-stats to the Abomination, with only 1 less attack and 3 less life, yet costs a full 100 points less-- even with counter-strike, tactician and his shield throw special attack, he's still 100 points less than the Abomination. So if the Thing somehow had the exact same base-stats as the Abomination, but without any special powers, he'd still probably cost less than 220 points... I don't think 3 life and 1 extra attack make up for counter-strike, tactician and shield throw.

So what kind of powers would a Thing with similar base-stats to the Abomination need to cost as much or more than Captain America? I think it's instructive to look at Jotun and Tor-Kul-Na-- the two toughest melee units in the regular game. Both have huge base-stats, can attack multiple targets, and have a difficulty attacking ranged units. If they gave the Thing something like Jotun's Sword Swing special attack, along with the Abominations base-stats, he'd proabably approach 210-230 pts.

If they do decide to give the Thing some way to reasonably attack ranged units, I don't imagine it'll be better than Caps Shield Throw, and so I don't imagine that he'll get much more than a 10 or 20 point boost from it. So if they do give the Thing a ranged attack, I bet he'd cost something like 230 or 240 points.

Anyway, just to overintellectualize things....
Old March 24th, 2008, 03:57 AM

NFCfan has disabled reputation
i pretty much agree with what you said. I see no possible way that Thing can cost near 300, that would put him in Sufer/Thanos territroy plus Skrull has to cost more than Thing. You forgot Krug in your comparison who beats both Jotun and Tor in head to head melee
Old March 25th, 2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCfan
i pretty much agree with what you said. I see no possible way that Thing can cost near 300, that would put him in Sufer/Thanos territroy plus Skrull has to cost more than Thing. You forgot Krug in your comparison who beats both Jotun and Tor in head to head melee
Yes, Krug has to be taken into account. I guess the reason why Jotun and Tor-Kul-Na cost so much more than Krug is because they're potentially able to attack more than 2 figures per turn (if I count right, both Jotun and Tor-Kul-Na have a chance of attacking up to 7 figures per turn).

Now I don't think they'll price him as low as Krug, so I suppose they'll have to give the Thing some sort of multiple attack, ranged attack or support powers. I really don't see him having a ranged attack if they didn't give the Hulk or Abomination one, but I would bet on some sort of multiple attack and possibly some form of inspiration ("It's Clobbering Time!"). I don't think it's likely they'll price him less than Spider-man, so he's got to be somewhere between 170 and 230 points.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion