Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 20th, 2006, 11:46 PM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
HeroScape & Geocaching

Well, I thought I would start a thread to let people know that two of my favourite hobbies are getting a fusion of sorts. I like to go geocaching a lot. It is the game where YOU are the search engine. Look at www.geocaching.com for more information.

Anyways, I have found about 82 caches so far and I will be teaming up with a local gaming club to hide a cache. I believe we are going to call it "Big Game Hunt". If you are familiar with geocaching, you will understand the double entendre.

I plan on placing a number of extra figs from the master set in the cache to create as the HeroScape contribution for gaming. Other gaming items going into the cache will be: Monopoly money, Scrabble tiles, Dice, Gaming tokens for local game days, Poker chips, and playing cards.

Anyone else in the community engage in geocaching? Have you started any HeroScape Travel Bugs on a journey?
Old September 21st, 2006, 12:22 AM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Someone on HQ made an extensive thread about Geocaching.

I'm sure those guys'll chime in soon..... it seems quite the committed hobby.
Old September 21st, 2006, 12:32 AM

Thanks Reaper. Hope to hear from them...

It is a great way to explore the outdoors. Kathy & I found Geocaches all over. Many great hikes. So far I have found caches in Nova Scotia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Bristish Columbia, Tennesee, Nevada, and Scotland.
Old January 9th, 2007, 11:01 AM

Stee-Jans has disabled reputation
Well I don't know anything about the old HQ site, but I do enjoy geocaching. It is a lot of fun, and I thought sending a HS fig on a TB tour would be pretty cool. I like your idea of a gaming cache. Maybe I'll make one here in West Michigan. I could call it "Big Game Hunt II." What do you think?
Old January 9th, 2007, 11:26 AM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stee-Jans
Well I don't know anything about the old HQ site, but I do enjoy geocaching. It is a lot of fun, and I thought sending a HS fig on a TB tour would be pretty cool. I like your idea of a gaming cache. Maybe I'll make one here in West Michigan. I could call it "Big Game Hunt II." What do you think?
Hey! Are you the guy who bought all the Wave 6 Heavy Orcs and Shades that were missing from the set at the Roosevelt Wal-Mart?

Glad to see another player in West MI!

Maybe we'll have a chance to get together...
I have been thinking of setting up something on the Lakeshore.
Sorry, Bixby for

Bixby, I would like to try out Geocaching, too.
Once on the HQ I wrote a post about things to do with all those extra Minions you end up with when you try to build up a Marro Drone Swarm.
I remember someone did mention that he was putting his extra Minions in Geocaches! Who was that?

My Dad just got his GPS and is using it down in AZ,
but he's coming back in the spring, and he intends to get into the Geocaching scene around here.
Old January 9th, 2007, 11:33 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
I am in-between Lansing and Flint. The geocaching looks pretty dam cool. I would be in for something like this. My only flaw is I don't travel in winter months.
Old January 9th, 2007, 11:59 AM

1/2ltfightr has disabled reputation
Geocaching

Geocaching is very fun we have almost 200 finds and have 2 out. The 5 yearold thinks its fun to find a treasure chest in the woods full of toys.

1/2ltfightr and ltfightr are a married couple. We have used ltfightr for 11 years. We have always shared that but for some reason she will not share scape and what does she mean her EOV she found 12-15-06 are hers not ours! ....!
Old January 9th, 2007, 02:02 PM

SilverBlade has disabled reputation
Your losing heroscapes...?

Just a minute, let me get this straight. You guys are buying scapes... and then you're taking them outside... and deliberately loseing them?!

... I mean ... ... huh ...?

Gee, that's what my kids have been doing! They've been geocaching my scapes all over the house for years. Now all I need is a GPS that can tell me to "look inside the air vent, stupid!"

The Code:

Let the strong protect the weak.
Let the weak revere the strong.
In all things uphold honor, charity, and justice.
And may fear have no place in the hearts of men.
Old January 9th, 2007, 02:42 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentX-127
I remember someone did mention that he was putting his extra Minions in Geocaches! Who was that?
Found it,
CBS42 did it, and it wasn't the HQ after all:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...?p=21262#23992
Old January 9th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Uniquest Hero and Classic Drafter 2008

Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker
Fellow geocacher here! Started in fall/winter 05'. My screen name on geocaching.com is the same as it is here.

Just got mapping software this winter for my Garmin GPSMAP 60CS, and I'm loving it! Can't believe I waited this long. Makes life (or at least geocaching) much easier.

I've also thought about using a fig (Krug would be good, if I could bring myself to let go of one!) as a Travel Bug - kind of a "heroscapers geocaching ambassador". Put a reference to this website in his TB "bio". Might drum up some more local HS'ers!
Old January 9th, 2007, 07:19 PM

OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker
Oooooo fun fun. Hide me a MS!!! or Wave 6!!!!
Old January 9th, 2007, 09:26 PM

Wow. This thread lay dormant in hibernation then woke up with a vengeance.

I am "ThePhilosopher" on the Geocache site. Just cracked 100 finds this past autumn. Congrats to 1/2ltfightr on the 200 milestone.

This spring, I plan on setting 5 travel bugs loose with alternate missions:

Ne-Gok-Sa for Utgar
Agent Carr for Vydar
Syvarris for Ullar
Sgt. Drake for Jandar
An Izumi Samurai for Einar

I will let you know when I do so you can track their progress.

I use a Garmin 76CS. It is tremendous. Very happy with it. I managed to get all of teh Topographics maps for Canada and the US at a real good price.

Glad to see there are other cachers in the midst.
Happy caching...
-Matt

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion