Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old December 31st, 2008, 05:39 PM

donko1998 Woo who?
im totally lost plz help!!!

I have a very limited collection right now and need some help creating and army. I have seen the post on AN IDIOTS GUIDE TO CREATING A COMPETITIVE ARMY guide and both post that talk about order maker placement, but i cant seem to find out why some units are so good. The look like crap to me(excuse my language please) Im not new to HeroScape i just never used this sight. I don't have many figures so i could use the help. If someone has some time could someone explain the order marker placement types i sort of understand what there saying but some units i don't understand what make them that type if u choose to help me could u use my units as an example because i don't know a lot of the units write now. I have:

Raelin RotV

Charos

guilty Mc Creech

Nakita agents

Spartacus

Retiarius

Zettian guards

DW9000

DW8000 X2 (I KNW U CAN ONLY USE 1)

Thorgrim the viking champion

Su-Bak-Na

Mimring

Sgt. drake RotV

Tagawa samurai

Syvarris

ninjas of the northern wind

Ne-Go-Sa

Brunak

Grimnak

Concan the kyrie warrior

Setinels of jandar

Airborne elite

Krav maga agents

Saylind the kyrie warrior

James murphy

Dund x2 (again i can only use 1)

DW7000

Deadeye dan

Crixus

Agent carr

any help would be appreciated. I'm very lost right now so please help me. My brain is going to explode because i have been reading so many post trying to get understand what people are talking about. It confuses me mostly about the unit types like bread and butter and cheerleaders i don't understand any of them please help me.

Last edited by donko1998; December 31st, 2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old December 31st, 2008, 05:47 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: im totally lost plz help!!!

Order Marker placement is the way that you can have some hidden strategy, so you may beat your opponent. You place them so that in the order you use them it sets off threats that trouble the opponent. The units are highly related to the order markers because some have well defined order marker placements written on their card, like Spartacus and Ornak, while other units are placed in a certain fashion within a round to maxmize the threats that your opponent suffers. Order markers are mainly just the way to keep your strategy hidden and set off chain reactions to cause a massive threat.

Also, make sure to use good grammar so that you don't get hammered by some of the more prominent members on the forums.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 31st, 2008, 05:48 PM

Archkyrie11 is surprisingly tart

Proper Grammer and capatilization are something you should look into first.

Welcome to the sight.

Alderaan shot first
Old December 31st, 2008, 05:53 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Try the Competitive Armies place. Theres an Idiots guide there. Welcome to the Site!

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old December 31st, 2008, 05:54 PM

donko1998 Woo who?

Okay i get it you guys want me to capitalize everything that needs to be and also do all that weird stuff they teach in Language Arts. Maybe I'm just kind of out of all that school stuff because were on Christmas break.
Old December 31st, 2008, 06:01 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Go back and put that post in English so we can actually help you. As it stands right now, your post is a jumble of letters, some of which make sense. And that school stuff actually carries over into real life; learn it and use it.

I'm sure if you fix your post, you'll get plenty of help. Also, I would do it fast. I've never done it, but I've seen neg rep thrown around for less. Again, I'm not saying I'm neg repping anyone for this, but I have seen it.

I might also suggest rereading some of those articles and my own about building a competitive army, its a very specific breakdown. Here's the link to it: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...159#post682159

Also, I would check The Index. That is full of useful threads most of which can help you figure this out.

The last bit of advice I would give you is check the Books of Heroscape. They give a lot of advice on each individual character in the game.
Old December 31st, 2008, 06:11 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donko1998 View Post
Okay i get it you guys want me to capitalize everything that needs to be and also do all that weird stuff they teach in Language Arts. Maybe I'm just kind of out of all that school stuff because were on Christmas break.
It's not "weird stuff," it's a language with set rules so anyone who can speak/read that language can understand what is said. Anyone can read stuff with good grammar, but not many can read stuff without it.

An besides, it gives you a good feeling to know that you're better than 90% of the internet.
Old December 31st, 2008, 06:20 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Wink Re: im totally lost plz help!!!

lyk, dude. it tolly sux 2 b u! Lol Roflao rofl!

Seriously, though. Order Marker placement is all about how many activations you can get out of each order marker. If you put an order marker on a 4-unit squad (like the Tarn Vikings), you get four activations for it (in other words you get to move and attack with 4 figures). That's generally better than placing an order marker on a 2-figure squad (like the Zettian guards) which gives you half the activations that the four-member squad would.

Now placing an order marker on a 4-figure squad with bonding (like the MacDirk Warriors) gives you 5 activations (1 for each squad member and one for the bonded hero.

Activating a hero like Syvarris gives you two attacks. Nilfheim gives you a possible 3. These are generally better than activating a Sgt. Drake, who only gets one attack.

Those are the basics. There's no secret knowledge you need. Just play and tinker and learn. And lyk, njoy yrself, K cuz its lyk toaly fun to ply dis game, yo! rofl lol lmfao omfg...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old December 31st, 2008, 06:35 PM

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Ok, thank you for fixing your post, and, as promised, I'll help you out a little bit.

I think you what you're saying is you don't understand the roles of some units that you have. So here is a quick little army that I came up with using what you have (don't know if you have multiples):

Raelin - 80
Krav - 100
2x Sentinels of Jandar - 220
TOTAL - 400 points

Raelin is blue because she is a cheerleader. She really won't kill anything, but she makes the Krav nearly impossible to kill at range and any Sentinels in range of her aura nearly impossible to kill period.

The Krav are purple because they are menacers. They going to be the main power of this army. Also, as long as they're protected from melee rushes they're going to be very hard to kill with 5 defense and stealth dodge.

The Sentinels are green because they are going to defend Raelin and the Krav from melee rushes and can also be used to hold glyphs.

Hope that helped. Not everything in Heroscape is going to kill their points in worth. In fact, only about half of any army build is going to kill anything at all. Those that do kill, when played well, will kill way beyond their points worth, pretty much your opponents entire army.
Old December 31st, 2008, 06:38 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Also,
Warning, the

following advice will

empty your pocket

you should buy multiple squads. I makes it even easier to take full advantage of your squads. Example; with one set of knights, you get the five attacks per turn(including champion) but when even one dies, you lose all the possible activations in one turn. With two sets, you can lose 4 units and still maintain all the possible attacks. With 3 and up, you almost always have the full activations.

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old December 31st, 2008, 06:44 PM

donko1998 Woo who?

Wow that help a lot KCU master, seeing an example were i know the units. That help open my eyes up and understand what everyone is talking about. Thank you for the help and i took a look at the links u put in the last post and that also help. Again thanks!(and also when you told me to "learn it and use it" which was kind of funny, I'm learning it and i can use it to. I sort of like school and get good grades I just never applied it to the internet but i will it would be good for me to practice language arts over the internet because at least I am doing something i like and using school).

Last edited by donko1998; December 31st, 2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old December 31st, 2008, 06:50 PM

No problem. Just take the time to look through the site and read some of the great article's out there such as Jexik's, the Books, and UPC's strategy blog (think you can find in the Index) you'll be playing competitively with what you have in no time.

Also, what temp.nerd said about multiple commons will help out greatly. Many armies that have won in the past used 3x some units, even 4x some other units. If you want to play on par with some of the prominent members here, multiple commons are a must. With wave 2 recently rereleased you would be wise to pick up 3-4 of the Minions and Drones and probably 3 of the Knights and Swog and Minute Men and wolves, or at least what you can afford. If I had to pick I would grab the Minute Men, then Knights, followed by the Minions and Drones. Get the Heroes pack for sure though, Krug will come through for you main times over.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion