Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #37  
Old May 24th, 2020, 05:42 PM
Confred's Avatar
Confred Confred is offline
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect
 
Join Date: April 26, 2008
Location: USA - VA
Posts: 2,376
Images: 432
Blog Entries: 2
Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: [Pod 2] Kiora, the Rising Tide - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
While she does look alot like Aquilla, after looking t her bronze colored armor, she could be Durnipia/Einar after all. Einar tends to have orange/bronze colored themes.
What is Durnipia?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old May 24th, 2020, 07:04 PM
Captain Stupendous's Avatar
Captain Stupendous Captain Stupendous is online now
 
Join Date: May 21, 2015
Location: Country - State - Major City (Town)
Posts: 258
Captain Stupendous rolls all skulls baby! Captain Stupendous rolls all skulls baby! Captain Stupendous rolls all skulls baby! Captain Stupendous rolls all skulls baby!
Re: [Pod 2] Kiora, the Rising Tide - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
While she does look alot like Aquilla, after looking t her bronze colored armor, she could be Durnipia/Einar after all. Einar tends to have orange/bronze colored themes.
What is Durnipia?
Durnipia is the name of a character referenced in the official bios for Valguard and the 10th Regiment of Foot. She is a healer associated with Einar. Other than that, little else is known about her officially.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old May 24th, 2020, 11:45 PM
Pumpkin_King's Avatar
Pumpkin_King Pumpkin_King is offline
A Happy Extradimensional Horror
 
Join Date: August 4, 2006
Location: VA-Culpeper
Posts: 7,742
Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 2] Kiora, the Rising Tide - Design

We just thought, in previous brainstorming, that we wanted a healer for the box and it would be nice to tie it in with previous lore.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old May 29th, 2020, 04:29 PM
Amarant Amarant is offline
 
Join Date: September 7, 2010
Location: USA - PA - SELINSGROVE
Posts: 34
Amarant is surprisingly tart
Re: [Pod 2] Kiora, the Rising Tide - Design

I apologize for the slow response. I did not get an email notification when I was mentioned, but I usually do.

I'm in favor of tying her into the lore as a healer.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old June 1st, 2020, 02:55 PM
Astroking112's Avatar
Astroking112 Astroking112 is offline
 
Join Date: March 15, 2011
Location: USA - TX - Dallas
Posts: 2,620
Images: 32
Blog Entries: 43
Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 2] Kiora, the Rising Tide - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Mika Connour sets a precedent for referencing land spaces. We can look at cribbing the C3V wording when **-***-** releases (there are a couple of differences, but the unit should be releasing relatively soon, so I'll leave it at that until then).
Following up on this, Re-Tak-Shi was recently released with the following power:
Quote:
SWAMP OOZE
All land or water spaces within 1 space of Re-Tak-Shi that are no more than 5 levels above or below Re-Tak-Shi's base are considered swamp water spaces.
If the pod is still interested in some kind of terrain-changing ability, then something along the lines of this wording would be a good precedent to follow. It is worth noting that swamp water is also counted as water for all abilities, so Re-Tak-Shi already "helps" the Water Elementals and other units that rely on water tiles.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old June 9th, 2020, 09:46 PM
Pumpkin_King's Avatar
Pumpkin_King Pumpkin_King is offline
A Happy Extradimensional Horror
 
Join Date: August 4, 2006
Location: VA-Culpeper
Posts: 7,742
Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 2] Kiora, the Rising Tide - Design

Bumping. What are we feeling here?
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old June 11th, 2020, 10:10 PM
Confred's Avatar
Confred Confred is offline
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect
 
Join Date: April 26, 2008
Location: USA - VA
Posts: 2,376
Images: 432
Blog Entries: 2
Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: [Pod 2] Kiora, the Rising Tide - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Mika Connour sets a precedent for referencing land spaces. We can look at cribbing the C3V wording when **-***-** releases (there are a couple of differences, but the unit should be releasing relatively soon, so I'll leave it at that until then).
Following up on this, Re-Tak-Shi was recently released with the following power:
Quote:
SWAMP OOZE
All land or water spaces within 1 space of Re-Tak-Shi that are no more than 5 levels above or below Re-Tak-Shi's base are considered swamp water spaces.
If the pod is still interested in some kind of terrain-changing ability, then something along the lines of this wording would be a good precedent to follow. It is worth noting that swamp water is also counted as water for all abilities, so Re-Tak-Shi already "helps" the Water Elementals and other units that rely on water tiles.
I think the Merfolk Hero could be the terrain changer. and Kiora doesn't need to be one

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old June 11th, 2020, 10:23 PM
Confred's Avatar
Confred Confred is offline
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect
 
Join Date: April 26, 2008
Location: USA - VA
Posts: 2,376
Images: 432
Blog Entries: 2
Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: [Pod 2] Kiora, the Rising Tide - Design

She looks good in Jandar.

What if the waves at her feet was actually ice?


My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old June 11th, 2020, 11:15 PM
Captain Stupendous's Avatar
Captain Stupendous Captain Stupendous is online now
 
Join Date: May 21, 2015
Location: Country - State - Major City (Town)
Posts: 258
Captain Stupendous rolls all skulls baby! Captain Stupendous rolls all skulls baby! Captain Stupendous rolls all skulls baby! Captain Stupendous rolls all skulls baby!
Re: [Pod 2] Kiora, the Rising Tide - Design

I'd be a little hesitant to add a snow or ice terrain based power when there's not any in the set, and the fact that it is currently very difficult for new players to obtain snow or ice makes the problem worse.

Healing Prayer is an interesting take on a healing ability, although I'm not sure I like it more than the previous direction based around treating adjacent spaces as water, complimented by a healing ability that was more effective when targeting figures in water.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old June 13th, 2020, 02:48 PM
Confred's Avatar
Confred Confred is offline
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect
 
Join Date: April 26, 2008
Location: USA - VA
Posts: 2,376
Images: 432
Blog Entries: 2
Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: [Pod 2] Kiora, the Rising Tide - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
I'd be a little hesitant to add a snow or ice terrain based power when there's not any in the set, and the fact that it is currently very difficult for new players to obtain snow or ice makes the problem worse.

Healing Prayer is an interesting take on a healing ability, although I'm not sure I like it more than the previous direction based around treating adjacent spaces as water, complimented by a healing ability that was more effective when targeting figures in water.
I agree with all said here.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old June 17th, 2020, 04:51 PM
Pumpkin_King's Avatar
Pumpkin_King Pumpkin_King is offline
A Happy Extradimensional Horror
 
Join Date: August 4, 2006
Location: VA-Culpeper
Posts: 7,742
Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 2] Kiora, the Rising Tide - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post

Quote:
WATER HEALER
Aquilla (Or Einar if named Durnipia)
5 Life / 5 Move / 1 Range / 3 Attack / 3 Defense

CARRIED BY WAVES
While Kiora is on a land space, that space and all same-level spaces adjacent to Kiora are considered water spaces. Kiora and friendly figures who start or end their move adjacent to Kiora do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space.

HEALING WATERS
After taking a turn with Kiora, you may roll the d20 for each friendly figure within four clear sight spaces on a water space. If you roll a ?15? or higher, remove a wound from that figure's army card.
I like how this version of healing waters makes her more unique as a healer by allowing her to heal multiple heroes at once, but I'd also be on board with Zetsubo's version which has the potential to more consistently heal a single hero.
I really liked Cap S's draft here. How do we feel about this as a starting point? I added a phrase to the first power, bolded.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old June 17th, 2020, 07:38 PM
Captain Stupendous's Avatar
Captain Stupendous Captain Stupendous is online now
 
Join Date: May 21, 2015
Location: Country - State - Major City (Town)
Posts: 258
Captain Stupendous rolls all skulls baby! Captain Stupendous rolls all skulls baby! Captain Stupendous rolls all skulls baby! Captain Stupendous rolls all skulls baby!
Re: [Pod 2] Kiora, the Rising Tide - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post

Quote:
WATER HEALER
Aquilla (Or Einar if named Durnipia)
5 Life / 5 Move / 1 Range / 3 Attack / 3 Defense

CARRIED BY WAVES
While Kiora is on a land space, that space and all same-level spaces adjacent to Kiora are considered water spaces. Kiora and friendly figures who start or end their move adjacent to Kiora do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space.

HEALING WATERS
After taking a turn with Kiora, you may roll the d20 for each friendly figure within four clear sight spaces on a water space. If you roll a ?15? or higher, remove a wound from that figure's army card.
I like how this version of healing waters makes her more unique as a healer by allowing her to heal multiple heroes at once, but I'd also be on board with Zetsubo's version which has the potential to more consistently heal a single hero.
I really liked Cap S's draft here. How do we feel about this as a starting point? I added a phrase to the first power, bolded.
I think this works as a good starting point, and I really like your added phrase for the most part. Personally, I would prefer the wording "Kiora and friendly figures who start their turn adjacent to Kiora do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space." I think that only applying this ability to figures who start their turn adjacent to Kiora is just slightly more intuitive than applying it also to figures who end their turn adjacent. Also, making a movement power conditional on where a figure ends their movement seems like it might run into the same problems that plague charging assault? Namely, what happens when a figure moves through water in an attempt to end their move adjacent to Nahiri, but ends up dying from a leaving engagement or falling damage along the way? All that being said, I still think your version is clear enough and would be happy to move forward with it if others preferred it as well

How are we all feeling about 15 as the target number for the healing ability? When I first proposed the power I hadn't put too much thought into the specific number, and basically just chose something I didn't think would be too broken.

I also think an argument could be made for giving her a range of 5-7 with her normal attack if we wanted to. Not saying that's necessarily a better direction, just a possibility to consider.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Book of Kiora, the Rising Tide TREX Official Units and Spell Cards 5 May 27th, 2017 01:07 AM
Kiora german version JOCA AotP General Discussion 2 February 14th, 2017 04:23 AM
Nagrubs Change the Tide of Battle hobosock Battle Reports 7 August 9th, 2009 11:06 PM
Tide of Iron info from FFG's website Logrey Other Board Games 100 August 11th, 2008 03:37 PM
Tide of Iron The Super Atheist Other Games 2 September 13th, 2007 08:12 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:41 PM.

Heroscape background footer

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.