Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 30th, 2010, 06:08 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Thor - Design Phase

EDIT: Pester, pester. Second double post today.
Old March 30th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I personally like both suggestions made by Wulfhunter. I am not crazy about the idea of Thor using this to possibly decimate WW and Supes and oneshot kill Hal all on the same turn. That is over a thousand points of figures he could nearly take out. If were to lead with this and then have no damage himself I think he coudl take them all out. Especially since its a place wounds, not attack thing, it would bypass GL's marker power and Green Shield. Just my
This scenario requires you to allow your Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Superman to all be clustered around Thor (within 2 spaces) and then to roll 16 or higher three times in a row.
If Thor hasn't used his Thunderstrike yet, there's no way I'm letting him get within 2 spaces of all three of my heavy hitters at the same time.
If this criteria is filled, it's great tactical maneuvering by the Thor player and poor tactical maneuvering by the DC player, and I don't at all mind seeing that rewarded.
Especially since the second criteria, rolling 16 or higher for each of them, is really hard to pull off.
I think right now the interesting strategy is deciding when to use the power (and then hoping and praying it works!).
I think it's silly to say that it's too powerful, honestly. It's a once per game thing, with a pretty limited aura and a high roll. It's on a unit that we want to be worth around 400 points. Think about Runa (120 points) and her ability to constantly roll the D20 for everything within 3 clear sight spaces and destroy any small or medium figure on a roll of 20 or higher. So, if she lasts, Runa could realistically (at 120 points) have a significantly better chance of completely destroying Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Superman and even Thor too, than Thor could of taking out GL, WW, and Supes on one roll. And he's likely to cost about 280 points more than her (more than three times her cost).
If the power is that scary, I'd rather see the D20 roll go up than see the power get overly complicated. Right now I think it's really clean, straightforward, but strategically interesting at the same time.
I've yet to see a rewrite that does it for me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 30th, 2010, 06:09 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Got some wording ideas for you...

THUNDER STRIKE
Instead of attacking, you may roll the 20-sided die once for all figures within 2 spaces of Thor. If you roll 16 or higher, you may place up to 6 Wound Markers between among any of those figure's cards. Thunder Strike may only be used once per game.

Reducing the possible damage that attack could do might help reduce the cost a little. Just an idea.

MJOLNIR THROW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1 + Special. Attack 4.
All figures adjacent to Thor are affected by Mjolnir Throw Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all adjacent figures. Choose a figure to attack within 6 clear line sight spaces of Thor and attack one additional time. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Maybe that will help, or at least put you into a new thought process.
Questions: With THUNDER STRIKE, are you rolling the 20-sided die once for all figures collectively, or once for each figure separately? As it is worded now, it seems unclear. Without the "you may," you could be forced to put Wound Markers on your own figures cards.

With MJOLNIR THROW SPECIAL ATTACK, does he need LOS on the non-adjacent figure?
Better wording on Thunder Strike? (Interesting that one word can make all the difference.)
And the "line" thing was my mistake. You're right about the "sight." My bust.
Old March 30th, 2010, 06:10 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm, for the hammer special attack, do we need to clarify that he can attack non-adjacent figures even when engaged, ala Mystique with Incognito, or is that not something we want to allow (the power currently reads as if we do, but it's not 100% clear).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 30th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

My intent was that he could. The whole idea is that he swings his hammer around, then flings it.
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:04 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Updated "Thunder Strike" to "Lightning Strike", wording on Mjolnir Throw Special Attack, Deity to Champion, and changed Defense to 5.

I'm shooting for the 400-420 range for him. Honestly, I'd like his point cost to be just slightly higher than Superman's.
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:11 PM

Why the change to Lightning Strike? He's not the God of "Lightning" is he? I liked the original better.
I like him at 400-420 as well.
There will be naysayers who don't want him exceeding Supes in cost (or even equaling him) but I figure we're bound to have a 450ish point Superman with Heat Vision eventually, and Hulk and Surfer in their future C3G versions will likely be beefier as well, so it seems like a perfectly reasonable cost range to me.

Old March 30th, 2010, 07:13 PM

I changed the name because of Griff's comment that thunder can't strike people, and thematically the power representes a lightning strike, doesn't it?

But he is the "God of Thunder", so maybe we could call the power "God of Thunder" or "God of Thunder Strike" ?
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:25 PM

Still like my "Spread-The-Love" around version of Lightning Strike, but, your card, your call.
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

We might want to talk to Matt. His Thor custom used to have 5 times 2 defense, but he recently changed it because it was just too powerful. Keep in mind that 5 times 2 is still 6 times 2 with height advantage.
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Still like my "Spread-The-Love" around version of Lightning Strike, but, your card, your call.
I think the mechanic of your ability seems really cool, but I'm not sure it fits the theme of the attack.
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
I think the mechanic of your ability seems really cool, but I'm not sure it fits the theme of the attack.
It's kinda twofold. First, lightning is somewhat unpredictable. It might strike someone standing up, or it might strike that tree over there. Second, "Spreading" 6 wounds instead of a possible 24 definately reduces the need for Thor to be over 400, IMHO.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library