Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old October 4th, 2019, 11:10 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Interview questions for how C3V and SoV work in sanctum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
VC's always, to me, had a tendency towards the elitist, the insular and the cliquey. Is anything being done to address this?
Are you talking about C3V or SoV?
I'm talking about both - I said VC for a reason.
And I thought these questions were for the article?
Ok, so let me address the SoV side.

What do you feel makes us insular and cliquey?
Old October 4th, 2019, 11:11 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
VC's always, to me, had a tendency towards the elitist, the insular and the cliquey. Is anything being done to address this?

I thought these questions were to be addressed in the article?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 4th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They are but the more specific you want to get now, the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 4th, 2019, 11:15 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Regardless of what others say here, I'm happy to respond to whatever Q asks me. Whether or not Scy (or anyone) has answered the same or similar questions already.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 4th, 2019, 11:17 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Also, if you have questions to ask but don't want to post them in this thread, please PM them to me.

Quote:
Old October 4th, 2019, 11:19 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think it's reasonable for folks to ask for clarifications when the questions are based on feelings they don't share and don't necessarily understand.

You ask what people plan to do about it. They can't do anything if they don't understand where the feelings are coming from.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 4th, 2019, 11:43 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I'm not writing an article on this. As far as I know, the only article being written is a C3V one.

More to the point, though, as Bats said, I simply don't understand what you mean. I know what "insular" and "cliquey" mean, but I don't know why you think those words apply to the SoV. I can guess, but so far my guesses seem to have been wrong. So to address your question I need clarification. What about the SoV makes it insular and cliquey?
Old October 4th, 2019, 12:36 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not writing an article on this. As far as I know, the only article being written is a C3V one.

More to the point, though, as Bats said, I simply don't understand what you mean. I know what "insular" and "cliquey" mean, but I don't know why you think those words apply to the SoV. I can guess, but so far my guesses seem to have been wrong. So to address your question I need clarification. What about the SoV makes it insular and cliquey?
I thought the article was for VC as a whole? That's the indication the thread title gives.
But anyway:

You (note that any use of 'you' is directed towards VC as a whole) don't seem to be interested in outside criticism or engagement. It almost feels as though the main purpose of the customs community is to provide cards for you to judge and to test C3V units for you, and any further engagement, in either direction, is discouraged. Unless someone is in the 'in' crowd, you otherwise seem to not care about their opinions. New ideas or perspectives are discouraged and rejected, both in design and in structure.
SoV nominees often seem to be judged on the basis of personal prejudice (I remember one design from years ago being voted down by a judge who stated that it was, at least partially, because it 'didn't fit his playstyle') rather than accepted for the sake of the people who are interested in them. VC offers zero capability for engagement beyond submitting units to an inefficient system that has very specific requirements, takes an age to do anything, will probably only approve anything specifically crafted for it, gives conflicting messages and demands to any design that wants to go through it, and might not like what you've done anyway - one that asks that no workshopping be done in the thread yet still requires that something be 'perfect'.

SoV judges also tend to have a tendency to treat their opinions as gospel - to respond to people's designs with how it 'should' be done, rather than just advise. There's an undercurrent of arrogance that seems to permeate the whole system.

Honestly, just look at anything I've said in the SoV and C3V Feedback thread or the SoV thread.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 4th, 2019, 12:41 PM

This is for questions about both C3V and SoV and I think that's a good direction for questions. I'll follow up with you, LO.

Quote:
Old October 4th, 2019, 12:44 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
This is for questions about both C3V and SoV and I think that's a good direction for questions. I'll follow up with you, LO.
I'm not looking for a discussion here - I've tried that, I get shouted down. I just wanted to submit my questions for the article. I thought that concerns about the working of VC were the reasons for this article? It almost feels as though people are trying to 'sort me out' now so that it doesn't have to go anywhere.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 4th, 2019, 12:53 PM

I think it's the opposite. Personally, I want this explored to everyone's satisfaction. That's why I want to follow up with you.

Quote:
Old October 4th, 2019, 12:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The only one I’ve seen being the least bit dismissive of you here is me and

1. I’ve explained my perspective on that
2. I’m not remotely active in VC and certainly am not any official voice for them.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs