Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old December 1st, 2010, 07:20 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The HelmAverse REINFORCEMENT PACKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
The opposite of what Helmsy does on a dance floor?
Old December 3rd, 2010, 11:26 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Hey Matt, I remember you ERBing a design a while back at which you scoffed at the term "Move normally" asking what is a normal move. So I will return the favor, even though I know what it means and it is an official term, What does it mean to "move normally"?
When you're right, you are right. Even a broken Griff is right 2 times a day.

I still don't like the "moving normally" thing but like you say, it is official and I guess (or hope) it means using your normal movement and not a Special Power on any army card or glyph. Not sure if some other card giving an "add 1 to another figures movement" bonus, would still count as moving normally?
Old December 5th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death!

My dad used your Fantastic 4 in two battles last night on X Marks The Spot. They remain his favorite army. Just thought you would enjoy hearing that. It's about the only army he will play so I'm not complaining. It gives me someone to face and use new units against.

Welcome to C3G | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Books of Index | C3G Sortable Index

Praise about C3G: "This is great. The cards have everything you need to know about the figure on them."
Old December 7th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Papa Tobaggon is the man. I love the fact that he is so stubborn with his army choice... he must be one from my stubborn generation.

Eventually I'm going to fix the cost on the Skrull Warriors, write up their skrull hero booster (they lost their boost when Super Skrull was edited last) figure, and get A3n to update the fuzzy photographs on that card. Then you'll be able to through a thematic skrull army against him.
Old December 8th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death!

Yea literally I can't get him to play a different army. But a fun Skrull army sounds good.

Welcome to C3G | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Books of Index | C3G Sortable Index

Praise about C3G: "This is great. The cards have everything you need to know about the figure on them."
Old December 15th, 2010, 10:36 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

MH, the Bigfoot you wrote for the Hellboy got a lot of love in a recent Battle Royale I hosted. He's my friend Zak's new favorite figure, and even though he was eventually destroyed [by Kraven The Hunter, no less], a good time was had by all. It's funny that amongst the folks I play with, the 2 most popular characters from HellboyScape [besides Hellboy himself, who I personally use all the dang time] are Bigfoot and especially Nessie. Who woulda thunk it?! Anyway, just wanted to give you props on writing such great stats!
Old January 7th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Captain Underpants

That's great to hear G-Man! Bigfoot getting some love. That should make my mini feel better, he just sits and collects dust in my house. What makes Zak all giddy for him?

Nessie us definitely fun (even though I've have an unreleased version that makes her sound a bit more official), but as you say it yourself, your Hellboy is simply the Bomb. He's always welcome in the HelmAverse.

As for the rest of the Helm write ups, I cringe a little now and don't know how you put up with me. Abe and Liz are sooooo much better than Johann or Roger. Ben seems written well enough but one of these days Johann and Kraus need us to tweak a few words here and there.
Old January 8th, 2011, 12:44 AM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Meh, you're selling yourself short, MH ol' buddy. Johann and Roger are fine, but if you have any updates to them, I'd be glad to implement them in my next wave of Hellboy stuff. When I sit down and get into it, I want to do it ALL!!

As far as what makes Zak all hot for Bigfoot... he's just not really into comics or superheroes at all. During our recent tournament he was much more interested in playing classic type figures, and settled on a Cowboys 'n' Indians team. Bigfoot just appealed to him on a basic level... as soon as he saw the card, his eyes lit up and he proclaimed "Bigfoot?!? Awesome!!! Can I be him?!!" He probably saw a bunch of Unsolved Mysteries and the like when he was growing up. That's the genius of your Nessie and Bigfoot... they're just so omnipresent in our culture, they have a widespread appeal. That possibility that they maybe, just maybe, could really exist is quite alluring. He also really liked the special abilities, especially the 'throttle'... he giggled a number of times when using that one!

Last edited by Garada; January 8th, 2011 at 12:52 AM.
Old January 13th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Captain Underpants

CARD UPDATE: I hate to do this because it is so minor but after finally printing She-Hulk, I have come to the realization that she is closer to Captain America in cost than Iron Man. With limited playtesting, I don't want to get drastic yet but her 25% chance of healing that only gets her to the half way dead mark anyway doesn't seem all that special.

So if A3n is subscribing here still, and is willing to make an update, I'd like to drop She-Hulk to 230 points.

(With that change, she also fits in as Thing's replacement in a 900 point FF army build).
Old January 14th, 2011, 01:02 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
CARD UPDATE: I hate to do this because it is so minor but after finally printing She-Hulk, I have come to the realization that she is closer to Captain America in cost than Iron Man. With limited playtesting, I don't want to get drastic yet but her 25% chance of healing that only gets her to the half way dead mark anyway doesn't seem all that special.

So if A3n is subscribing here still, and is willing to make an update, I'd like to drop She-Hulk to 230 points.

(With that change, she also fits in as Thing's replacement in a 900 point FF army build).
Mate, I think I will be a long time subscriber to your madness .

Update made.

Cheers
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Captain Underpants

Ugh, I hate photobucket. Is it just me or does She-Hulk still show up at 240?
Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:22 AM
Captain Underpants

Whoa... I tease She-Hulk about still showing at the wrong points and instead of pummeling me, she gets up and runs away?!?!?

Now how do I politely tell the Picasso of Photoshop that one of his creations has gone missing?

--- She-Hulk.... with purple border.... at 230 points... um, the link is broken.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations