Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old December 11th, 2008, 12:19 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Blood Bowl

YES!

Now I just need to get a console.

-insert signature here-
Old December 11th, 2008, 12:34 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Blood Bowl

Now why does one of those zones shown in the trailer look like the Grandville zone in CoV? Couldn't find an image of Grandville to paste on this post, and I know that it might be a stretch if you do look up an image, but the two zones look similar, as they both have black buildings with spikes jutting out from them.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old December 11th, 2008, 01:50 PM

Lank281 knows what's in an order marker Lank281 knows what's in an order marker

Wow, I usually hate sports videogames, but I might actually be tempted to play this at some point.
Old December 11th, 2008, 06:32 PM

PlasmaScaper 2.0 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lank281 View Post
Wow, I usually hate sports videogames, but I might actually be tempted to play this at some point.
Same here. A Warhammer-based game just seems... interesting, to say the least.

Posts by me are rare occasions. I mostly hang around other places these days, but I come here every once in a while.
Old December 11th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

I like the look of that!!

Bannister

PS. Anyone play the miniature game?

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old December 11th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Never played the miniature game, but would like to try either version!
There are also rumblings that 2009 will see the release of a Dungeon Twister as a PC game and on a game system!
Old December 11th, 2008, 08:20 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannister View Post
PS. Anyone play the miniature game?
I played it a bit in my youth, and while I was back home over the holidays I raided my old closet for some of my old classics, including the second edition. I'm now debating whether to paint the old red and blue miniatures. The 16 orc figures, painted properly (they're currently all red) would make reasonably good grut orcs, particularly if you went to the trouble to glue some weapons to them. The humans (currently all blue) could be customized into something as well.

It's a fun game, or at least I remember it being fun.
Old December 11th, 2008, 08:30 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Never played the miniature version, though I did read the 1st book... that was a mistake (the book).

-insert signature here-
Old December 11th, 2008, 08:47 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

I would love to play this game both in Wii form and on the table top. I've never met anyone who plays it other than on the internet.

On a side note..
Does anyone remember
Pigskin 621 A.D. ??

What a cool game. I used to work at a youth facillity that had this and I'd challenge my kids on it. Great fun. Watch out for the troll!
Old December 11th, 2008, 08:50 PM

I didn't see the Wii as one of the consoles... hope it is... that is, assuming its what I find under the tree this year.

-insert signature here-
Old December 11th, 2008, 08:51 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I didn't see the Wii as one of the consoles... hope it is... that is, assuming its what I find under the tree this year.
Yeah.. I didn't really look. I was just assuming. It would beat the brains out of bowling though wouldn't it?
Old December 26th, 2008, 01:09 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

As a huge fan of the miniature game, I'm looking forward to this. I've been playing the boardgame for well on 15 years now. IMO, it's one of the best games ever made. While it can be highly chaotic and dicey, it is also a very deep game system with LOTS of tactical thought involved.

Playing online is the easiest way to get into it these days. You might get lucky and run into a league at local game shops. I played in a league in a small college town in Kansas and then joined the Dallas league when I moved down here. If you can find local gamers, I highly suggest playing it that way.

Anyway, hopefully the video game can live up to the board game. The old PC game I have of Bloodbowl is getting rather sad and Mutant League Football isn't quite the same.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games