Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:06 PM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
Martial Artists

I know that there are guys and gals out there that are into self-improvement and the Martial Arts.

Who are you, and what do you do?

I currently teach Western Martial arts for the Chicago Swordplay Guild. I teach Italian Medieval longsword, dagger, and wrestling. As for the "style" of these arts, we use Fiore Dei Liberi's book "Il Fior di Battaglia" written in 1409. I personally also research and teach outside of this curriculum into the German tradition of longsword and dagger work from Johannes Lichtenauer and Sigmund Ringeck in the 14th and 15th centuries.

I'm also a certified instructor in modern knife combatives for the Scientific Fighting Congress. (Knife v Knife, Knife v unarmed, etc)

I've had a few years of Asian traditions under my belt as well, but I never reached a level where I felt comfortable with the techniques enough that I saw them as effective for me as reflex. (my fault, not bashing Asian martial traditions)

Post pics of yourself in uniform if you can!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Here I am being thrown by one of our other longsword instructors. If you are wondering why I'm holding my sword so strangely, I have just attempted a mordschlag or "murder stroke" by trying to use my sword like a polehammer.

Here Jesse takes advantage of my visor not being locked....

And now Jesse gets to go for a ride after I put him in a shoulder lock with my sword.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General