Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old November 14th, 2007, 11:52 PM

Thisboyskill has disabled reputation
So CAl.... Tournament

Hey hows it going fellas, Well me and a few of my friend were thinking of having a tournament for heroscape but want to make it a fun but serious tournament.... We were thinking swiss with set armies at entry and two army side deck... 400 pt games... Single game matches.

Here are some of the basics:

$5 entry fee
400pt Set armies W/2 card side
swiss
winner takes 75% 2nd gets 10% 3rd 5% and 10% to host (like the shop or friends house)
We will need some help for hosting this so if I can get enough people to say they would help and bring some of there stuff for maps then we can start planning it a little better so let me know what you think....

Suggestions are greatly appreciated on all aspects rules, format etc...

ThisBoySkill

Yeah Boi!!!
Old November 15th, 2007, 02:33 AM

BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker
IF YOU ARE REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS , THEN THIS NEEDS TO DONE BY PRIZES NOT MONEY ! THERE IS NO FUN IN DOING A TOURNAMENT IN THIS MANNER. I UNDERSTAND THE SERIOUNESS OF WANTING TO WIN BUT I THINK THIS MIGHT RUN INTO BEING A LITTLE ILLEGAL. THIS IS JUST MY THOUGHTS AND I AM SURE OTHER MIGHT RING IN ON THIS AND GIVE YOU SOME INSITE ON SITTING THIS UP THE RIGHT WAY. GOOD LUCK !

.....YOU UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE !
Old November 15th, 2007, 07:48 PM

Thisboyskill has disabled reputation
Your right prizes will have to be something other than money but this would mean early sign on and payoff would be required so prizes could be bought and that might cause a small problem 2 plus im fairly new and dont know you guys really well. But if I can get a host from a comic shop maybe he can do store credit for winner..... So keep me posted on your thoughts.......

Yeah Boi!!!
Old November 16th, 2007, 12:21 PM

Irate_Giraffe has disabled reputation
I am down with the cash tournament, but I think we should up the ante. How about 200 a head? Your pay-offs look fine except 10% house. At 10% the house better be doing something better than providing a place to pay (I'm thinking bank & protection).

Or I was thinking we could get a little more imaginative. How about you buy your pieces. Points = dollar value. You can buy up to 400 for a game. Every piece you lose, your opponent gets the pay (minues 10% house). And you can buy back what you lose like a hand of cards (after each game).

This could be a lot of fun. What do you think, guys?

My kind of life's no better off-
If I've got the map or if I'm lost.
Old November 16th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
You're talking cents right?
Old November 16th, 2007, 01:20 PM

Irate_Giraffe has disabled reputation
No.

My kind of life's no better off-
If I've got the map or if I'm lost.
Old November 16th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Grindmaster

Jellybeans?
Old November 16th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Grindmaster

That does sound like a good idea, IG but maybe it should be toned down to keep it more friendly. $1 for 10pts and no house percentage. No tourney, just a 6 player game free-for-all. Players may pay to reinforce their armies during the game up to a limit (400-500pts). The game lasts until players retreat (fold), cashing in their remaining figures for half price. When their is only 2 players left, there will be only one chance to buy reinforcements and the pot goes to the last player on the board.
Old November 16th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
That does sound like a good idea, IG but maybe it should be toned down to keep it more friendly. $1 for 10pts and no house percentage. No tourney, just a 6 player game free-for-all. Players may pay to reinforce their armies during the game up to a limit (400-500pts). The game lasts until players retreat (fold), cashing in their remaining figures for half price. When their is only 2 players left, there will be only one chance to buy reinforcements and the pot goes to the last player on the board.
$1 for 10 points still seems steep for my taste. I'd do a penny a point.
Old November 16th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Grindmaster

Yeah, my gaming group may have to go the penny route too.

To keep from everyone having Q9 I think a draft would be in order. Commons will be exclusive to the player who first picks them and it will cost twice as much to bring a previously destroyed unit back for reinforcements. So Q9 would cost $1.80 initially but if he is picked for reinforcements he would cost $3.60. Reinforcements will happen at the end of every round in a draft style.

I'm going to try this tomorrow night just using poker chips.
Old November 16th, 2007, 03:02 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart
Why don't you just play cards...
Old November 16th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detrimentalman
Why don't you just play cards...
No cool figures. No hexes for the cool figures to move on. No dice to throw when attacking with the cool figures moving on the hexes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events