Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

View Poll Results: Are the marros over done?
Yes 22 31.88%
No 48 69.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 21st, 2009, 01:40 PM

generalgina knows what's in an order marker generalgina knows what's in an order marker
Re: Marros over done?

I think the Marros are over done. It's not that I don't like them but there are nearly as many Marro units as there are Vydar (16M to 17V if anyone's interested). All the Marro need to be an independant army is their own general; which is what I'd rather see happen than one of the other generals switching to Utgar.
Old July 21st, 2009, 02:16 PM

Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
The marrow all LOOK similar but there isn't total syinergy any more than there is for the historical humans or fantasy creatures. The humans also LOOK similar too.

If there were as many orcs, but every hero was a chamipion and every squad had disengage and bonding, I would agree that we had too many orcs. The marrow are diverse however. The hive cannot rebirth all of them, there are only two warlords, some reproduce, some move together, some mindshakle, and some are poisonous. Other than the "genreal" shape (think giant snake, spider legs, etc) and colouring the marrow is a very diverse army and there is pleanty of room for more creative additions.

...That said, I hate the marrow, I never use them and wish that the powers stayed the same and the figures were changed.
There is no "w" in marro. I think the cool thing about the marro is that they keep changing. They are gene-modifyers. So it is kind of cool that the creators are putting that into play/design. The marro are slowly changing into a very different group.

Dund is just tricky, that's all.
Old July 21st, 2009, 02:20 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was feeling a bit tired of the Marro, but have been swayed by the point that, considering the units individually, the Marro are the most uniquely-Heroscape creation. Although I don't love the sculpts, I had a good time playing the wave 9 Marro yesterday, and enjoyed using their special powers. I agree that I'll take any new 'Scape, though I would be fine to see new Marro limited to either a squad or a hero in each new wave. I also like the idea of the Marro leaving Utgar and having its own general.
Old July 21st, 2009, 02:24 PM

Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
I was feeling a bit tired of the Marro, but have been swayed by the point that, considering the units individually, the Marro are the most uniquely-Heroscape creation. Although I don't love the sculpts, I had a good time playing the wave 9 Marro yesterday, and enjoyed using their special powers. I agree that I'll take any new 'Scape, though I would be fine to see new Marro limited to either a squad or a hero in each new wave. I also like the idea of the Marro leaving Utgar and having its own general.
That would be kind of interesting, but, I think that Cyprien should be the one to secede from Utgar. The marro seem to be a very loyal bunch. They just follow orders as they are told. (at least the lesser ones)

Dund is just tricky, that's all.
Old July 21st, 2009, 02:35 PM
has been BANNED

Blacktor costs too much!

[quote=Darkmage7a;876325]
Quote:
Unique? Vipers? Gorrilinators? Death(thingy's)? Viking with an arm graft? WWII Solider with a robotic arm and Katana? Sholin Monks fighting Redcoats, Fighting Dragons, Fighting Samurai, Fighting Romans?

DUND!!!!!

Nothing unique here, keep moving.
Don't forget winged bandit ninjas!
Or microcorp agents vs orcs on dinosaurs vs zombies vs red demonic minions vs giant robots vs vampires and gargoyles. AND ELFS!
Old July 21st, 2009, 02:38 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

[quote=Blacktor;876413]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Quote:
Unique? Vipers? Gorrilinators? Death(thingy's)? Viking with an arm graft? WWII Solider with a robotic arm and Katana? Sholin Monks fighting Redcoats, Fighting Dragons, Fighting Samurai, Fighting Romans?

DUND!!!!!

Nothing unique here, keep moving.
Don't forget winged bandit ninjas!
Or microcorp agents vs orcs on dinosaurs vs zombies vs red demonic minions vs giant robots vs vampires and gargoyles. AND ELFS!

Elves, not elfs, kiddo.
Old July 21st, 2009, 02:41 PM

yari commander Woo who?

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The Marro look a lot like aliens in this justice league movie i saw on TV one time. These aliens that destroyed mars come to earth and started try to blow up the planet and they look exactly like the Marro its insane but on topic I like the Marro I don’t play them much but normally when trying to get one of my friends into scaping I bring out the Marro and they are like " Cool what are these sweet alien dudes” BAM new scaper right there.[/FONT]

Like a great predatory piano, I sit silent in the darkness. Until it is time to attack and then I strike in a cacophony of violence and ivory keys.
Click it please
Old July 21st, 2009, 02:58 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

There are a few things I'd like.

A 30 point 3 member common squad that's sole purpose is to extend the range of the hive. Lets say each one extends the range of the hive 5 spaces. You could then form a chain of them to extend the range even more. That way you can use the Hive on larger maps.

Flying Marro.

Range 7 Marro with sniper rifles?

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old July 21st, 2009, 03:02 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post

A 30 point 3 member common squad that's sole purpose is to extend the range of the hive. Lets say each one extends the range of the hive 5 spaces. You could then form a chain of them to extend the range even more. That way you can use the Hive on larger maps.

Flying Marro.

Hey, did you know that your debate you suggested is up and running now? The link is below.
Old July 21st, 2009, 03:05 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:

Flying Marro.

Hey, did you know that your debate you suggested is up and running now? The link is below.
Yes. I posted in it already.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old July 21st, 2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:

Flying Marro.

Yes. I posted in it already.
Okay. Just making sure. I don't know why I didn't see your post.... I'll check it out now.
Old July 21st, 2009, 04:04 PM

Thewink 45 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Ok i see that all most every sees my point i do like the marro there cool have cool abilities but how many more!? a whole master set was give to the marro what ever happen the orc??

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles