Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 16th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
LilNewbie's Maps and Scenarios: Rorke's Drift...

This scenario uses most of the advanced heroscape rules with a few exceptions as detailed in the rules. The idea is to take a very famous battle in Earth history and see how it would play out if it took place in Valhalla. I've asked HEH to work on some art work I can add to the scenario file to make it look awesome and he has kindly accepted. This is still in rough from but would like any comments please.

Rorke’s Drift HS Style
6 MS and 4 RttFF
By LilNewbie

Taken from Wikipedia:
Rorke's Drift was a mission station in Natal, South Africa situated near a natural ford (drift) on the Buffalo River. The defense of Rorke's Drift (January 22 – January 23, 1879) during the Anglo-Zulu War immediately followed the British Army's humiliating defeat at the Battle of Isandlwana earlier in the day. At Rorke's Drift 139 British soldiers successfully defended their garrison against an intense assault by 4,000–5,000 Zulu warriors. Eleven Victoria Crosses were awarded to the British defenders, the most ever received in a single action. The Victoria Cross (VC) is the highest recognition for valor "in the face of the enemy" that can be awarded to members of the British and Commonwealth armed forces of any rank in any service, and civilians under military command. It is also the highest award in the British Honors system.

The Concept:

Here is a scenario based loosely on the events at Rorke’s Drift. This scenario uses the standard rules for Heroscape with some additional rules having been added to simulate the special situations that the attackers and defenders found themselves facing. Also, the figures used in this scenario are preset at the start and the figures used will have different stats than they usually have in Heroscape. Use all the advanced Heroscape rules as normal unless changed by the rules for this scenario which are listed below.

Rorke's Drift Map:

Old May 17th, 2006, 08:07 PM

x523 has disabled reputation
cool map.
Old May 17th, 2006, 08:44 PM

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thanks! Take a look at the scenario and let me know what ya think.

Newb.
Old May 17th, 2006, 09:46 PM

SyvarrisX has disabled reputation
Thats a cool map. I like your adding of British and Zulu characters.

This is a signature. This signature says that this is a signature. This signature is a waste of a signature!

-Syv
Old May 18th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!
Very nicely done!

I going to make 2 small suggestions

1. Raise the central compound portion of the map one tile in height. This would allow you align the barriers better. Also gives the defeners the advantage their going to need . Remember this battle was not won, the Zulus left after incurring heavy losses.

2 can this be done with less master sets by using the the small grass pieces and incorpating the unused sand tile underthings. getting this down to 3 or less MS makes it much easier for most people to use. Proxing figures isn't a proplem but not enough tiles is.

I love this scenario and has codex written all over it with a few minor adjustment and testing.

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmospro
Very nicely done!

I going to make 2 small suggestions

1. Raise the central compound portion of the map one tile in height. This would allow you align the barriers better. Also gives the defeners the advantage their going to need . Remember this battle was not won, the Zulus left after incurring heavy losses.

2 can this be done with less master sets by using the the small grass pieces and incorpating the unused sand tile underthings. getting this down to 3 or less MS makes it much easier for most people to use. Proxing figures isn't a proplem but not enough tiles is.

I love this scenario and has codex written all over it with a few minor adjustment and testing.
Thanks for the suggestions and I'll work on it. Some information on Number 1. I didn't want to give the defenders an additional attack die with height elevation since they already receive 1 Def Die if they keep the attackers out of the compound. I wanted that to simulate the effect of how important the walls were (even if some were just mealie bags.) Let me work on it though and I will definitely work on using a lower amount of sets (say 3 MS and 4 RttFFs.)

Newb.
Old August 28th, 2007, 11:49 AM

miniandmee7 Woo who?
Thats a HUGE map! Is the grass all 24 hexes?

If chocolate chip cookies are made out of chocolate chips...what are girl scout cookies made of?

If vegetabale oil is made out of vegetables...what is baby oil made of?
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I definitely need to remember to do this scenario!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios